Priest IMBA; The truth about life...and warcraft

Imbalanced; I can see that.

I know that there's a lot of discussion about how priest are broken and need to be fixed, while others are praising blizzard for making the game much more challenging, however, the fact of the matter is that there's a fine line between being balanced, overpowered and underpowered and it's not an easy task to accomplish. The game has been out for a little over a week and it's tough to make a game with such variety so equal.

With every game i've ever played, whether it be sports, video games, monopoly, checkers, or even beer pong...there's always been a need to accomplish something challenging within. It's part of the game. For people that just don't have enough time to actually play, learn, and improve, yet still have the nerve to complain: It's like saying "I suck at soccer, but I don't have enough time to practice and it's not fair that the other team got a trophy for winning and I didn't."

The truth be told, with anything in life, you need to practice to get better. In life, there's nothing that just get's handed to you. With every video game I've ever played, if you don't put in the time to play, you never will get to the end. That's how all games are and have been designed since the beginning of time. It's what makes a game a game. If there were games out there that started you out at the top with nothing else to accomplish, who would play? What would be the point?

No matter what you do, you're always going to have people complaining that the game is too hard and that their class needs to be buffed, and you're always going to have the die hards saying that the class is fine and doesn't need to be changed.

As a competitive gamer and experienced WOWer for years, while keeping an open mind and understanding of people with lives, I'd just like to voice a few thoughts of my own.

Yes, I agree that priest are a very tough class to play at this point. They already stated in several blue posts that it's something they are keeping an eye on. I think that there are a few issues that should be addressed but at the same time I'd love for them to keep the game challenging. I'm very happy with this expansion so far and I just feel that for the only class in the game with two dedicated healing specs, whether it be disc or holy, it's not doing as good of a job as it should. Keeping in mind that gearing maybe an issue, or some would claim that skill or play style would be the issue-- i'm not disagreeing that I have a lot to learn. The game is still brand new and is only a week old and I'm sure that you also have a lot to learn. However, being someone who has played the game since release, and has raided competitively in almost every expansion, I just think that there are other classes out there that could fulfill all three specs and rolls more effectively than a priest can even fulfill one roll at this point in time.

I've been in the situation a few times now where regardless of how skilled I am or how good I play, fingers have been pointed to me as the source of the problem pertaining to wipes, regardless of failure from the other members of the group whether it be dps not preventing avoidable damage or tanks just being fail. I just find it very frustrating when people point fingers at me or vote to remove me from the group when it's not the fault of my skill but the fault of the class mechanics to be able to help in certain sticky situations to make up for other peoples error within pugs where people aren't up to par with a higher skill playing level.

For a class that is titled "priest" and being the only class in the game with two healing specs, I just feel there's a few small things that need to be worked out. Being someone who enjoys playing, wiping, learning, and accomplishing something challenging; whether it be heroics, achievements, or even raids, I'm really enjoying what blizzard has created with this expansion. I don't know why everyone's expecting to be able to farm heroics within the first week of release. I do think that a few slight changes would help but other than that, in order to accomplish anything it's going to take some time.
    Last edited by rubadub; 2010-12-15 at 04:54 PM.

TL;DR: Priests are a little broken, but I like the challenge of the current expansion. Thank me later everyone

-----

Okay, I simplified it a little much. I should've included that, like everything in life, you have to work hard to excel. The same goes for priests, except no matter how hard you work, people are still going to judge you as worse than everyone else that shares your job description.
    Last edited by stuperdude; 2010-12-15 at 04:58 PM.
    Nothing to see here! Move along! Nothing to see here!

Quote Originally Posted by Koobs View Post
    And DPS means Don't Pull Shit!

Deleted
    Thanks for the TL;DR.

I want heroic dungeon be easy, because I don't have enough time and mood to waste on those low end content.
    Wiped 15 times for one BOSS in raid, it's okay, for that I am fine to get wiped out 150 times. Yet in 5 men dungeon, I wonder my teammates or me, who would be the first to drop out.
    You could say I am selfish at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukymint View Post
    I want heroic dungeon be easy, because I don't have enough time and mood to waste on those low end content.
    Wiped 15 times for one BOSS in raid, it's okay, for that I am fine to get wiped out 150 times. Yet in 5 men dungeon, I wonder my teammates or me, who would be the first to drop out.
    Is this sarcasm? Perhaps you're not ready for heroics. There are several level 85 regular dungeons you could run.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukymint View Post
    Okay, really? Everyone with a Tank and/or Healer are having some problems running through Heroics. Because they are just that, Heroics! Run some normal lvl 85 dungeons and get some rep for quartermasters. As well as enchants from them.

The heroics get so much easier with just a little gear. Give it some time! It's supposed to be challenging and while at first I cried a river about regen, it's gotten leaps and bounds better. Your tanks and DPS getting gear helps as well. Just will take some time and things will feel much better.