Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    Mine always attacks without sw: pain or other damage. Make sure it's on aggressive though.
    well, i don't like to do that cause i don't want him to just go all willy nilly attacking something he doesn't need to. so that's why i just cast swp on the boss, then there's no question.

Its just you. People are too use to WotLK style healing and are clueless what to do when they have to think about how to heal.

If you are going oom that fast then 1 of 2 things is happening

1) You are using the wrong heals at the wrong times
    2) You need to tell your group to wake up and stop taking un-necessary damage

Quote Originally Posted by 3Dthreat View Post
    Lately since cata came out lvling my priest was my main intention, i did think that it was going to be "easy" healing reg. dungeons, for the most part i was right, their were some situations where i would go oom after a few pulls but nothing too major. When I got to lvl 85, i was happy that i could do heroics, i knew that they were going to be much more of a challenge than reg. dungeons, But I Didn't know that i would go oom around ~65-50% of the bosses health. i did all i could to regen mana pop Shadowfiend Hymm of Hope and it would get me to about 40% mana and while all of this is happening the raid is taking damage from my healing down time trying to regain as much mana as i could, I would throw a few Flash Heals on him renew PW:Shield and id be oom again.... so basically i am screwed and we have about 40% of the boss remaining and i cant do anything except wait until i have enough mana to cast either my Greater heal or Flash Heal. and by the time that happens we're usually all dead, And Evangelism+Archangel is severely broken. currently Archangel restores 5% of your mana after casting 5 smites implying that you don't miss any, at lvl 85 smite costs around 2.2k mana and after casting 5 smites implying that i dont miss any would bring me down from ~30% to 15% mana and after popping archangel would bring me up to 20%, So you are still losing 10% mana after all of that work. right now speccing into archangel imo is pointless but its a talent you kind of have to spec into in order to get to the third tier of talents. We just need a buff/talent that regens mana faster or our major emergecy spells not cost as much.
    First of all if you plan on smite healing you need to glyph it so it doesn't miss, secondly you're not supposed to smite if you're holy, so I'm gonna assume you're disc, but you never talk about using penance. So I'm confused.
    If you're disc : use penance and PoM, dont shield spam, dont use flash heal that's just retarded, use heal instead, renew is not bad either but dont spam it either, Inner focus is awesome, use it, glyph prayer of healing and use it when AoE happens.
    If you're holy : CHAKRA, like omg chakra, dont smite EVER, dont flash heal, greater heal is better, use heal a lot specialy with chakra it refreshes your renew and that's AWESOME, PoM is great, and for the love of god dont forget chastise, specialy in heal chakra state, it's badass.

And for whatever spec : get a group with people you know are pretty good, specialy DPS who know how to CC and interrupt, that makes a huge different for you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Going by how long it has taken you to make this thread and how so so many other posts like this there are, I'd like to say that it is in fact you.

Sadly, however:

To be fair the priest issues are well known on the class design team. Mana regen probably needs a buff or mana regen in some way needs to be addressed for ... us. Them? I've never considered myself a specific class so that sounds weird to say.
    - Bashiok