*Sigh* Heroic Mode, ranting.

I do my job well, I know most fights perfectly, I have raiding experience. Since launch I have completed 3 heroic dungeons, every other dungeon I am in is either plagued by lack of Damage Per Second, Lack of Aggro, Lack of AoE Healing (I'm looking at you ShadowFang Keep) or Lack of understanding when it comes to fight mechanics. So rather than completely complain about it if you have a question before a fight, ASK!.

I cannot help you and I cannot explain a fight if you do not speak up and say that you need help. I will be more then willing to tell you every single rotation, priority, etc that your class uses. I have been counting and in 14 queues since the Launch of Cataclysm I have completed 3 Heroic Dungeons and 11 of those either ended in every other person leaving the party after a single wipe or every single person leaving after multiple wipes.

I don't expect you to know everything, But if you don't ask I cannot help you. Below are some ground rules I'd like people to consider using when in Heroics.

Ground rules for Heroics
    1) If a tank asks you to CC a target and you can provide said CC (Polymorph, Fear Glyphed, Hunter Traps, etc) you need to do it, no if's and or buts, generally doing this lowers the amount of incoming damage or makes a fight easier to handle Threat wise.

2) If you are thinking about leaving a Heroic Dungeon and you are a healer, tank or DPS and you will be causing the group to disband please consider staying in the group so that DPS like me do not have to waste another 40 minutes sitting in a Queue - not only is this wasted time for me (40 minutes for original queue, 40 minutes for additional queue you're forcing on me) this isn't a nice thing to do.

3) If you don't understand a mechanic ASK.

That is it really. Rant over!

Deleted
    If you are thinking about leaving a Heroic Dungeon and you are a healer, tank or DPS and you will be causing the group to disband please consider staying in the group.
    Generally I need a good reason to leave a group, so if a dps has to suffer because of it, so be it, I'm not going to sit in a group with people who fail just to keep a dps happy, if you don't like the queues, roll a tank or healer.

For all the other problems you're having, get an active guild, and use guildies, no more pugging.

I kinda agree with that but...
    You're asking WoW players to be nice.
    That's like asking politicians to tell the truth or McDonalds to make good food.

Quote Originally Posted by ThewF View Post
    2) If you are thinking about leaving a Heroic Dungeon and you are a healer, tank or DPS and you will be causing the group to disband please consider staying in the group so that DPS like me do not have to waste another 40 minutes sitting in a Queue - not only is this wasted time for me (40 minutes for original queue, 40 minutes for additional queue you're forcing on me) this isn't a nice thing to do.
    I'm not staying in heroic SFK because the prot warrior tank, dps warrior, and rogue can't figure out which two abilities they need to interrupt (Mend Rotting Flesh and Stay of Execution) after four attempts (after being told before the first pull and after each wipe). If the other dps suffers because of this, so be it, it is not worth my time to spend another 30 attempts at 15 minutes each to help some dps out with their queue.

Quote Originally Posted by raze664 View Post
    Generally I need a good reason to leave a group, so if a dps has to suffer because of it, so be it, I'm not going to sit in a group with people who fail just to keep a dps happy, if you don't like the queues, roll a tank or healer.

For all the other problems you're having, get an active guild, and use guildies, no more pugging.
    I am a tank, I am also a DPS. I queue as both. SFK is the bane of my existence as a Warrior player that uses pummel correctly I cannot figure out why people are having such hard issues with this. You interrupt two skills, the rest is tank and spank. Generally it falls down to a healer not being able to provide enough heals for their team in Phase 2 - this is the point where everyone must blow Defensive Cooldowns.

SFK Boss Fight #1
    (For those of you that don't know how to do it)
    - Interrupt Mend Rotting Flesh ASAP
    - Allow Stay of Execution to tick twice (20% HP total) and then interrupt it or it will heal the boss far too much.
    - Healer needs to top the tank up and then provide enough heals to keep DPS at around 25% - 50% HP until the boss starts to cast his morph at which time it is crucial to start topping up everyone on the team (Tank first, Cloth DPS second, Plate/Mail DPS last) so that they can have enough of an HP Pool to take at least 10s of AoE Damage. During the AoE Damage phase 2 people need to blow Defensive Cooldowns, Enraged Regeneration as Fury heals for about 60% of the damage caused by the AoE in total.

That's about it. You could even make the fight easier by dragging the boss to the entrance of SFK, allowing the DPS to die in phase 2 while keeping yourself (as the healer) and the tank alive while the DPS run through the door and enter the dungeon alive with 50% health. You can also make the fight easier by allowing Stay of Execution to tick 4 times after the last force choke rip off (asphyxiation) and then DPSing the hell out of the boss to compensate until Phase 2 starts.

Italic = Optional
    Last edited by ThewF; 2010-12-15 at 08:48 PM.

I still think its funny so many people rage over SFk....it is by far the easiest heroic.

and for the rest, get a guild who runs frequent heroics - Ive stopped solo queueing because its easier to herd cats than it is to get a competent heroic group thru LFD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexiaa View Post
    I still think its funny so many people rage over SFk....it is by far the easiest heroic.
    ^

I see so many people just leave a random heroic if it is SFK. SFK was the first heroic I ended up completing and find it to be one of the easiest as well.

A lot of issues people are having right now I feel like revolves around lack of coordination and communication as well as simply not knowing anything about the encounters. It isn't that hard to research information.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexiaa View Post

and for the rest, get a guild who runs frequent heroics - Ive stopped solo queueing because its easier to herd cats than it is to get a competent heroic group thru LFD.
    Its perfectly simple until you get the group full of people who can interrupt and simply don't and you heal the first boss (repeatedly) for 10-15 minutes never breaking into p2. (I mean, I heard its perfectly easy to dps through 10.5M heals going into the boss)

I love ppl who dont know a shit, but still have feeling like they have to give lectures to everyone else.

You know you can requeue your group, right? And even when you are alone in group, you will get new party members in less then minute.

If everyone in your group has left the dungeon your group is disbanded and you cannot re-queue as a "Group" (this is what provides quicker queues when you have a leaver). You can re-queue as a single person for your particular roll (Tank, DPS, Healer) again which will cause you to join a new group and zone into another instance. Dare I throw some sarcasm in here and say "I love people that try to point out that someone is wrong but are actually incorrect while doing it".

Pick your battles kiddo, next!?

yes you are requeueing as single person, but you are in already started dungeon and thats why you have prority. It really works this way, try it or ask gm, offical forums, whatever...

but i guess you are one of those "teacher like" people who cant be wrong

The biggest joke is the 329 ilvl req to be able to que for a heroic, it does nothing but hinder competent players and lets twats pass right through.
    So sick and tired of seing dps doing less than 5k dps on the bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by MrProper View Post
    yes you are requeueing as single person, but you are in already started dungeon and thats why you have prority. It really works this way, try it or ask gm, offical forums, whatever...

but i guess you are one of those "teacher like" people who cant be wrong
    That's not how it works, sorry. If everyone but yourself has left the group you are not placed in the queue as an existing group. You are placed in a queue as a singular unit and face regular queue times.
    Last edited by ThewF; 2010-12-15 at 09:07 PM.

ThewF, is correct. If your the last guy in the group, its over. Time for another 30min que

I cannot help you and I cannot explain a fight if you do not speak up and say that you need help.
    What stops you from going over a fight without being asked to do so? Nothing.

In other news - Cataclysm has finally shown (through needed nerfs to healing and a resurgence of CC-or-die in Heroics) what an abysmally bad idea the Dungeon Finder was. All you get is random people with absolutely zero self-interest in staying around after the first wipe.

1. Make some friends on YOUR server.
    2. Shower your local tanks and healers in love and affection.
    3. Only run with your guild.
    4. Social network and build up a server-wide 'good guy' reputation.
    5. Roll a healer or tank and be part of the solution.

9 out of 10 times if I start explaining a fight people go ahead and pull regardless of my mentioning of the word "Wait".

Quote Originally Posted by Chronius View Post
    The biggest joke is the 329 ilvl req to be able to que for a heroic, it does nothing but hinder competent players and lets twats pass right through.
    So sick and tired of seing dps doing less than 5k dps on the bosses.
    What does ilvl have to do with hindering competent players? I pull 13-14k dps on bosses with 329 ilvl. I'm not sure if I understand. You want the cap to be higher so there's basically no way for anyone to get into heroics without having done the heroics that they cannot queue for? Either way, the solution is always simple. Find a guild with at least 4 competent players and run heroics with them.

Like gearscore people assume ilvl = skill. Ilvl can be raised by items in the inventory (unequipped) just so you know as an example I had 333 Int Holy Pally gear in my inventory to make it so I could queue for heroics but I'm still using my Tier 10 for it's 10% bonus damage (4p t10 fury).
    Last edited by ThewF; 2010-12-15 at 09:20 PM.

I like those rules, shame Wrathbabies won't change. I'm leveling a ProtWar right now, and I'm excited to tank these new heroics, they look hard, and that's what I want in a heroic. Easy isn't fun.
    I plan on macro'ing each strat, and using them before each fight. If a DPS is too impatient and pulls, I'll let them tank. I mean, that's what they really want to do, right?

I leveled as protection but I have sense moved back to Fury / Arms as I enjoy playing a DPS much more then I enjoy playing a tank, Tanking the newer normal instances was a lot more challenging then a lot of tanking I did with my Death Knight in Wrath of The Lich King. I'm enjoying the challenge but so it seems everyone else isn't having as much fun as I am.