Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    we done it slighly different last time.
    began as mentioned above, 4 stacks, dps go.
    then let fall off the debuff, me as Holy got 2 adds with the single-target taunt, and a HS at the second add. (+ healaggro)
    Our tank taunted the 3rd.
    killed the 2 adds outside, then focused the 3rd near the boss.
    got 2-4 stacks because of the lava-shit, pull boss out, dps go.
    Repeated this till the end.
    This is kinda easy to handle, esp. if your group is not that geared up.
    Adv.: there is no to little aoe dmg on grp, so Healer ( me xD ) can focus on healing the tank.
    Fight lasts little longer, but u need nearly no grp-heal and u get the struggle out of the fight.

regards

i do it like that:

stack debuff slowly to 10-ish
    drop it
    tank picks up adds
    /ignore adds
    start stacking debuff again

boss will be dead long before you need to drop stacks again

I ran the dungeon with a not so skilled group yesterday, and after trying the usual method we came with a foolproof way of doing it:

- Tank heats the bos a couple ticks, get it out of the fire and stands still.
    - Adds appear. Nobody touches them but the tank.
    - Once they are controlled, one designated DPS kills one and only one add.
    - The lava pool heats the boss. The tank walks backwards to get the boss out of the fire.
    - If stacks are too high, let them drop and go to step 2, if not repeat steps 3 and 4 as needed.
    "Holy bananas Ghostcrawler, ferals are doing well in pvp again!"

"What!? To the nerfmobile!"

The way I have my tanks do is dip him 1-2 times each and get his stacks up to 12, after 12 let it drop off and kill the adds then start over.. should only need to do the 1 set of adds this way if the DpS is fast

Yesterday we had a pretty low level geared and unexperienced group.

We had 4 tanks over the duration of this fight, 6 over the whole instance.

Our tank was far from smart, but he was the first that spoke in party chat. So well, we believed it couldn't get better.

No one had really done the boss so all 5 of us were new to him. We tried and failed like 8-10 times. I can't remember exactly. Long, that's for sure .

Finally I came up with this tactic, because it needed to be VERY simple for our tank:

- tank tanks boss and does not do any AoE. We told him to stack boss not higher than 5 stacks. Just that. More was impossible to ask from him and in a way he managed to do this and we where happy... Although he kept running around with the boss like he was on speed and LSD at the same time...
    - DPS takes adds when they come and leads them out of the inner circle. Warrior who did this understood it after first explanation! Yay!
    - Healer just heals as much as possible. I went oom, but luckily had a mana bottle ready . My gear is pretty crap, but well, tactics > gear I'd say .

Took us like 1.5 hours, but I liked it a lot despite all the wipes! Yay for challenges!

I stand in it until 5 then let it drop off, then stack to 5, drop off, repeat
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

The key to this fight is the tank pure and simple. You need to manage that debuff on the boss, build it up slowly, 1-2 stacks at a time, watch the damage people are taking from the aoe, watch the damage you are taking, now here is the important part. Do not let the debuff drop until you have to, keep it on the boss as long as you can before you let it drop off and adds spawn.

Building it up slowly will give you the most up time on the boss, killing the adds that spawn outside of the group is an option, personally, i just have a dps dedicated to killing them in the ring but just off the boss, it's much easier to run the boss through a pool of lava to keep those stacks rolling imo.

So, build stacks slowly, do not let deuff fall off untill damage is too great, kill the adds.

When excuted right you should get at worse no more than 2 add spawns, your in control this fight, show your skills as a tank.

If you pull Karsh Steelbender through the middle he doesn't get a debuff, he actually gets a buff.
    I use Blizzards stock UI and can see them without problem because buffs are shown in a new line of icons and it's his only buff.

Btw, I killed Karsh first try.

Quote Originally Posted by HolgerDK View Post
    Anchor him? - he is not a ship you know.
    Aren't you a bright one. If you were smarter than the average bear, you wouldn't have wrote that.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do it slightly different. I don't let any adds spawn at all. I kite the boss through the edge of the lava so that he gets one stack and then position him nearby so that I can jump through the edge again when it's about to drop off so that he gets another stack.

Sometimes he gets two stacks but that's alright. We managed to get him to 16 stacks for the achievement and it went all smooth.

3-6-9-12-15 pop all cd's. big ass nuke let stacks drop donot dps adds. 3-6-9 boss dead

10+ Year Old Account
    I did it in a PUG, 4 of us had never done him before (not even on normal), but we had a pro shammy healer and we one-shotted it with the 15-stack achievement. No adds at all. (we had a Paladin tank btw)

When I did it with my guildies, I had the ret pally respec tank and just ping pong taunt him through the pillar.

Well, ppl have already spoken but here's mine:
    When I tank him, I try to pull him into the fire so that he gains just 1 stacks (sometimes hard: he usually gains two, its ok) until he has so many stacks that the group goes down to ~20ish % health (for us:11-12 stacks), thats when I let the debuff go so that the healer has a chance to catch up. Then I just tank the adds and repeat, I tell my people not to touch the adds and it's not a problem.

First off, I'm the tank in the TankSpot video, so, I actually know what I'm saying when I say; drag him through slowly if your group is awful (healer, mostly). One way I deal with bad healers for the fight is by clipping the edge of the lava. That is, when his debuff is about to fall, just strafe back and either, let the debuff fall and then re-apply, or drag him through (just a small portion) and keep the debuff up. It is, however, much, much easier to kill him if you can manage to get about 10-15 stacks (in good groups I can get up to 20) and kill him before the adds spawn. Any questions post

V

Deleted
    The hardest thing about this fight is that TINY debuff icon. I have to constantly hover my mouse pointer over it to see how long is left. DBM hasn't been updated yet and still uses the old timers, so it's useless.

For the sake of my sanity can SOMEONE please show me how to make the debuff icon bigger???

Start the fight:
    Get 1,2 stacks
    Get 1,2 stacks
    Get 1,2 stacks
    Get 1,2 stacks
    Get 1,2 stacks
    Get 1,2 stacks
    Get 1,2 stacks
    At 4% hp, get 15 stacks, Shieldwall, Last Stand
    Edit: Kill, not wipe.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2010-12-28 at 11:01 AM.

I just do
    4, 8, 10, 12, 15
    over

cd when you need to

After the nerf (you can dps a lot longer between needing to dip him now), the only reason to let him spawn adds now is terribad dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mcast12 View Post
    The hardest thing about this fight is that TINY debuff icon. I have to constantly hover my mouse pointer over it to see how long is left. DBM hasn't been updated yet and still uses the old timers, so it's useless.

For the sake of my sanity can SOMEONE please show me how to make the debuff icon bigger???
    Get OmniCC, puts numbers for cooldown counts on everything. Far superior to the standard circle thingy.