Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Plp get kicked for not having cc all the time

They should tighten the restriction on number of vote kicks it takes to disallow you to vote kick

I won't kick dk's or dps warriors at the beginning of the instance. I can tell within 2 pulls whether they're worth a damn. If they're not, they get kicked. If they are, they get kept around.

Rolling on tanking gear I need, however, even if I win the roll, that's an auto kick

Quote Originally Posted by Arngrim310 View Post
    Yeah we had a rogue and warrior in the group as well in the last one. So I guess all melee + 1 cc they had to ditch one of us...
    Just from a healing point of view, I must admit melee characters seem to be a lot more of a liability than ranged DPS are. A lot of mobs have highly damaging melee-range cleave type abilities, and too many Melee, especially without enough Crowd Control, can cause real mana issues.

That said I wouldn't kick you for it.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I don't believe you, not once have I seen a person kicked for not having a CC...I do have seen people kicked because they: Break CC, overagro, pull shit without tank being there, being an asshole etc....

And I am a big DK hater, if I don't do it...I don't see why other people would.
    I have also been booted INSTANTLY for this reason posted. I have also been insta kicked becasue i could "potentially" roll on something the tank wants.

I agree with OP, DPS Q is long enough as it is, to be able to be booted for no damn good reason after wasting an hour is retarded

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a string of bad luck mate. As long as your group has 1-2 other people who can CC you should be fine, maybe a kick due to lack of CC could be justified if the group had no CC whatsoever, but requiring all dps in the group to have CC would just be absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by drakonblayde View Post

Rolling on tanking gear I need, however, even if I win the roll, that's an auto kick
    This is another issue, Tanks and healers are going nuts doing this, ive lost about 6 upgrades so far to tanks alone for "off spec" not counting the ones ive lost to pally healers. Im seeing tanks do what your talking about far more often than ive seen then vice versa. But ill tell you what , after being robbed so many times by healers and tanks i am now goign to roll need on EVERYTHING that it iwll let me roll it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    This is another issue, Tanks and healers are going nuts doing this, ive lost about 6 upgrades so far to tanks alone for "off spec" not counting the ones ive lost to pally healers. Im seeing tanks do what your talking about far more often than ive seen then vice versa. But ill tell you what , after being robbed so many times by healers and tanks i am now goign to roll need on EVERYTHING that it iwll let me roll it on.
    And I would kick you, instantly.

This is a self-perpetuating problem, everyone gets all butt hurt and says "SCREW EVERYONE ELSE! IM GOING TO ROLL NEED ON EVERYTHING!".

I don't get all butt hurt, and bitch at you, but if you're not going to be respectful of the roles in the group, I'm not going to group with you. It comes down to basic courtesy and the quality of your character. If you're willing to go down and be part of the lowest common denominator, I have no interest in aiding you, and I certainly don't need your help.

I have lost an incredible amount of gear to DPS plate specs. Never have I once rolled Need on something for off-spec when a main spec in the group could use it. I've been *sorely* tempted at times, for the same reasons as you - I want to lash out and give back some of the crap I've taken. My momma raised me better than that though.

Now, with all that being said, on the rare occasion that I'm forming my own groups, and I'm actually advertising in trade chat, ain't no way in hell I'm taking a plate DPS slot unless I know the player and trust their abilities. The odds are that the plate DPS is going to suck, and my momma didn't raise me to be stupid on purpose either.

they kicked you because you named your deathknight Mograine simple as that
    For the Glory of Mankind

If your group has a decent gear and dps can follow set killing order, there's no need for more than max 2 cced mobs per pack.

I've been a tank since vanilla to the end of WotLK and switched to DPS in Cataclysm. I can honestly say that I prefer Blizzard's old LFD where it would list the names of people who were looking for the dungeon and you would pst them specs, etc. It allowed for you to create a team of your choice and meet people who were on your realm and that you could develop friendships with. Furthermore, there were no votekicks made by groups of friends for trivial reasons (eg: causing 1 wipe in a heroic). I never had trouble with unfair party leaders.

I have been left/been kicked out of dungeons for these 3 reasons so far:
    (1) A guildie group of 4 randomed Stonecore (which I had specifically looked for) and changed our dungeon to BRC. It was either accept it or quit, so I quit.
    (2) I was kicked at the start of an instance because 3 friends wanted another ranged dps rather than a fury warrior.
    (3) This is by far the most common: tanks who are having trouble in a heroic give up and quit the instance because they are frustrated and embarrassed by their performance. This often leads to a group breakdown and everyone quitting. I try my best to explain to the tank what he's doing wrong and how he can improve, but because of their short queue times, I guess they'd rather find a group with high DPS to make up for their lack of skill rather than learning.

The new LFD system has encouraged impatience among puggers and was a step in the wrong direction by Blizzard. What I believe would be a great system would be: something similar to the old LFD system but with the option for the whole group to teleport to the Dungeon (like in the new LFD tool) and be able to return to their original location after finishing the instance (like in the new LFD tool).

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    DK's got a ranged silence and a kick basically, plus Chains of Ice with is great for fights like Erudax imo so anyone who says DK's don't have some form of CC are full of themselves and need to learn to play.

DK's

Strangulate = Silence
    Mind Freeze = Interrupt
    Hungering Cold = Mass AoE interrupt and Ice Block
    CoI = Movement slow
    Desecration = Movement slow
    Anti-magic Zone = 75% magic damage reduction zone for 10 seconds.

Im sure there are a few more tools DK's have.

While we dont have a 100% CC in the class we have so many other tools to shut down mobs, casting and movement penalties that we more than make up for the lack. Also for an OT that can kite adds we are perfect for the job.
    Last edited by Addiena; 2010-12-17 at 06:12 AM.

If 4 guildies let the system find them a pug and a guildie comes on that wants in the run, sorry the pug is insta booted and the spot gets filled with the guildie. Is that our fault? the systems fault? or is it your fault for not being in a good guild with tons of people dominating heroics all day easily?

Quote Originally Posted by Spondoo View Post
    When I tank I make sure everyone can CC, mainly locks, mages, and rogues and must be able to do 10k DPS+ and 340+ ilvl and the healer has to a be a shaman or a druid because those are the only useful healers with CC and decent healing. Every other class is pretty much useless and just an aggro whore wasting healer mana.
    Nice troll. If you care about recount, you cant' care about CC ^^ 10k in heroics when eveyone is like in 333 gear, not hit capped, 8% haste and 15% crit. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    DK's

Strangulate = Silence
    Mind Freeze = Interrupt
    Hungering Cold = Mass AoE interrupt and Ice Block
    CoI = Movement slow
    Desecration = Movement slow
    Anti-magic Zone = 75% magic damage reduction zone for 10 seconds.

Im sure there are a few more tools DK's have.

While we dont have a 100% CC in the class we have so many other tools to shut down mobs, casting and movement penalties that we more than make up for the lack. Also for an OT that can kite adds we are perfect for the job.
    *clap clap* This.

@ OP: I'm sorry to hear people are pulling this garbage. Anyone(ANYONE) that does this is just a child, either mentally, physically, or both. They have no concept of teamwork or how to overcome difficult challenges. Hopefully you can start running things with your guild or a group of friends that are able to play the game without a cheat code.

For anyone that kicks people instantly without even giving the group a shot, I have a suggestion: UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT B A START.

---------- Post added 2010-12-17 at 08:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    DK's got a ranged silence and a kick basically, plus Chains of Ice with is great for fights like Erudax imo so anyone who says DK's don't have some form of CC are full of themselves and need to learn to play.
    They sure do.

---------- Post added 2010-12-17 at 08:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Psquared View Post
    I've been a tank since vanilla to the end of WotLK and switched to DPS in Cataclysm. I can honestly say that I prefer Blizzard's old LFD where it would list the names of people who were looking for the dungeon and you would pst them specs, etc. It allowed for you to create a team of your choice and meet people who were on your realm and that you could develop friendships with. Furthermore, there were no votekicks made by groups of friends for trivial reasons (eg: causing 1 wipe in a heroic). I never had trouble with unfair party leaders.

I have been left/been kicked out of dungeons for these 3 reasons so far:
    (1) A guildie group of 4 randomed Stonecore (which I had specifically looked for) and changed our dungeon to BRC. It was either accept it or quit, so I quit.
    (2) I was kicked at the start of an instance because 3 friends wanted another ranged dps rather than a fury warrior.
    (3) This is by far the most common: tanks who are having trouble in a heroic give up and quit the instance because they are frustrated and embarrassed by their performance. This often leads to a group breakdown and everyone quitting. I try my best to explain to the tank what he's doing wrong and how he can improve, but because of their short queue times, I guess they'd rather find a group with high DPS to make up for their lack of skill rather than learning.

The new LFD system has encouraged impatience among puggers and was a step in the wrong direction by Blizzard. What I believe would be a great system would be: something similar to the old LFD system but with the option for the whole group to teleport to the Dungeon (like in the new LFD tool) and be able to return to their original location after finishing the instance (like in the new LFD tool).
    I'm mostly interested in how the hidden ratings will work, if they were actually even implemented. We can only hope that the internal "pugscore" (or whatever Blizzard has called it) will start locking people out of LFG for initiating too many kicks at the start of an instance. That's the only way these petulant children will ever learn.

---------- Post added 2010-12-17 at 08:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by drakonblayde View Post
    I have lost an incredible amount of gear to DPS plate specs. Never have I once rolled Need on something for off-spec when a main spec in the group could use it. I've been *sorely* tempted at times, for the same reasons as you - I want to lash out and give back some of the crap I've taken. My momma raised me better than that though.
    *emphasis added by me*

This is the real issue, isn't it? I see it every day IRL too. The vast majority of people I see are self serving hollow shells of what used to make us great as a species. I can only assume it's because their parents took no real interest in them, so they never learned how to care about anyone but themselves. It's really sad.

Thank you for not being part of the problem.
    Last edited by Lansow; 2010-12-17 at 03:49 PM.