Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by uschearaklol View Post
    If I hired someone to repair my sink, they work for me. Period. I am essentially hiring blizzard to provide a service therefore they need to treat me like they would treat a boss. If any other company in the world acted like the blizz posters, you wouldnt go to them. g2g back to work. I guess people who sit at home all day would never understand what it takes to run a buisness
    That's cute how people think comparing a contractor, someone who has to follow guidelines set by local authorities, to a nation-wide service is in any way valid.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspike View Post
    You are making the same mistake almost everyone else has. You are seeing it one way or another. It's more like this:

Customer goes in and says "What kind of damn soup are you going to force on me today" to which blizz replies "anything I damn well please, and you will take it and like it". The problem is that while yes that one customer was a dick, and probably deserved to get talked to that way. You have other customers too. They are waiting in line, they are checking it out, hell you even snap at one that wasn't doing anything bad because you take care of so many and a percentage of them are dicks. That's where being professional comes in. If you keep your cool you can handle it just fine. The customer comes in and says "What kind of damn soup are going to force on me today" you ask them if they would like to see a manager, who can deal with them in the privacy of an office. Not out in the open where people who are not doing anything wrong get caught in the cross fire.
    But the problem here is that, on the forums at least, the posters are the end of the line. There IS no manager to see. They ARE the managers, and they are telling that rude customer "I dont need your attitude in my store, and your ruining all my other customers experience here. You need to leave, before I call the police and have you removed" In the case of an internet forum, there IS NO private back room to go back to, and the "police" are a ban.

I think people need to be a little less sensitive. Oh my god, how dare Blizzard employees try to respond with humor and wit? I'm offended! Grow up please. I prefer the employees this way, and you cannot appeal to both the good people and the whiny people. I seem to remember a quote that says, "The best way to fail is to please everyone all the time."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendar View Post
    But the problem here is that, on the forums at least, the posters are the end of the line. There IS no manager to see. They ARE the managers, and they are telling that rude customer "I dont need your attitude in my store, and your ruining all my other customers experience here. You need to leave, before I call the police and have you removed" In the case of an internet forum, there IS NO private back room to go back to, and the "police" are a ban.
    Actually, he is right. There is an email address you can send complaints to for Blizzard CMs and it goes to their bosses, just like you can PM Administrators here to address issues with MMO-Champion Moderators (only if you're unbanned, otherwise appeal please).

You may say "well that doesn't work", and I can tell you from personal experience that it does work, at least our system here does. If a mod is out of line and a user complains and has a legitimate point, Bibi will yell at them.
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-12-16 at 05:55 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

You are making the same mistake almost everyone else has. You are seeing it one way or another. It's more like this:

Customer goes in and says "What kind of damn soup are you going to force on me today" to which blizz replies "anything I damn well please, and you will take it and like it". The problem is that while yes that one customer was a dick, and probably deserved to get talked to that way. You have other customers too. They are waiting in line, they are checking it out, hell you even snap at one that wasn't doing anything bad because you take care of so many and a percentage of them are dicks. That's where being professional comes in. If you keep your cool you can handle it just fine. The customer comes in and says "What kind of damn soup are going to force on me today" you ask them if they would like to see a manager, who can deal with them in the privacy of an office. Not out in the open where people who are not doing anything wrong get caught in the cross fire.

While true, it doesn't explain why a customer who is no longer paying can't access the forums. If the forums were really free then a previous customer who no longer had an active sub could post. You do indirectly pay to have access to post on the forums, because paying is the only way to post on the forums.

So what you're basically saying is this happens?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Seriously, get over yourself. If a customer comes in, and the first thing they say is "what kind of damn soup are you going to force on me today?" You tell them to get their god damn ass out of the store. They're not a disgruntled customer unhappy with their service. They are a customer who came in for the sole purpose of starting a confrontation. They get to leave, immediately.

---------- Post added 2010-12-16 at 05:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rendar View Post
    wowgmfeedback@blizzard.com

That's the "police." That's the location for your QQ. Take it there.

While true, it doesn't explain why a customer who is no longer paying can't access the forums. If the forums were really free then a previous customer who no longer had an active sub could post. You do indirectly pay to have access to post on the forums, because paying is the only way to post on the forums.
    I can explain it easy.

If you don't play the game you don't need to be discussing it on its official forums.

Many game companies do this. Some have a "free area" where you can post without an active game account, but these are usually ignored when it comes to developer feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Actually, he is right. There is an email address you can send complaints to for Blizzard CMs and it goes to their bosses.
    Oh, I dont dispute this at all, thats sorta what I was attempting to address with the "On the forums at least" part. I just meant that if you intend to keep it within the forums, without putting in a call or an email, the blue posters ARE top dog. Naturally, if you REALLY wanted to, but in a call to Blizzard Activisions CEO if you feel that step is necessary :-)

Every single example in the OP of this thread was either a ridiculous question or complaint or a Mod having fun while still doing his/her job and not being insulting at all.

Honestly, if you're offended by this crap, you need to go live in a cave, far away from society, because NONE of that was the slightest bit of offensive. One could claim "not very professional" but then again, "Casual Fridays" aren't very professional. It doesn't mean people don't enjoy it.

Newsflash: Your $15 a month doesn't make you a god. If you are displeased with the service you receive, you can take your $15 a month elsewhere.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1267106830

^This thread epitomizes pretty much every reason why Blue posters are entitled to treat little schmucks acting like dicks with such flippancy.

I think Bashiok is a hit..he generates so much debate...he wins...endo story

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    For the past six years, I've been noticing a lot of rude, obnoxious, and uncalled for comments on the official forums; not from Blizzard, but from players.

It's Blizzard's game. It's Blizzard's forums. We're lucky to even hear ANYTHING from Blizzard developers, especially so regularly. Do you know how many MMO's out there go months and months without hearing a single word from a developer?

I think we're pretty damn lucky and take it for granted. IMO, Blizzard more than deserves to act a fool every now and again.
    please shut up. i'm paying for this service and i demand a nice treatment. Ban this fucker Bashiok, if you ask me

Don't talk like this to people, and use better word choice in the future. The more offensive you act, the more people will respond to you with increasing levels of insults, derailing the thread. User has been warned. - Simca

Edit: See that below post? This is EXACTLY what happens when you make those type of statements. - Simca
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-12-16 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ihazanepic View Post
    please shut up. i'm paying for this service and i demand a nice treatment. Ban this fucker Bashiok, if you ask me
    This sounds like the kind of distain that could only come from one of the people he trolled. (and yes, if you are raging like this, you basically let a blue troll you.)

You paid for a game. You got a game. If you want to be coddled go pay a hooker to lie to you about your state of endowment. I used to be an entitled little punk like some of the people in this thread demanding I be worshiped by someone because I pay them money for a product. One day though, I grew up.

User was banned for this post. Don't talk to other users like that, please! Just use the report button and wait a few minutes, I cannot be everywhere at once. - Simca
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-12-16 at 06:42 PM.

people who think blizz doesnt work for us, are probably the people who think the government doesnt work for the people.

Don't go there. I will end this thread the second politics gets involved. - Simca
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-12-16 at 06:41 PM.

people who think blizz doesnt work for us, are probably the people who think the government doesnt work for the people.
    Umm... It doesn't? It looks out for the country and depending who is in office the big businesses. They don't work for us (blizzard) we are their customers bottom line.

Don't go there. I will end this thread the second politics gets involved. - Simca

Edit: Sorry buddy.
    Last edited by Archer; 2010-12-16 at 06:47 PM.

China's that way --->

Bai

Try to put your argument into a form that isn't a complete fallacy.
    Facts aren't arguments, and thus, unable to be fallacious. Therefore, you're an idiot for trying to put Greek philosophy into a quote that it can't be inserted into.

Oh my god, how dare Blizzard employees try to respond with humor and wit?
    I know! How dare they!I am personally offended that Blizzard and its employees have responded to posts and topics that are inane, redundant, pointless, idiotic and rage-filled in accordance with similar dealings in real life. It angers me that they did not bend over and take it like they should have, because I, as the customer, have all the rights and the power, and if I so will, I can single-handedly reign utter destruction and obliteration upon the heads of those at Blizzard who dare defy me or my requests! As the almighty customer who pays fifteen dollars a month, I control all that is World of Warcraft and Blizzard! I HAVE THE POWERRRR!*

*That entire paragraph was only written to work in a He-Man reference. It is not a large and sarcastic response to every post in this thread dealing with customer entitlement that doesn't exist*

I shall send you a frothy mead, good sir, for a good read of a thread and logical posts on this end.
    Last edited by errosync; 2010-12-16 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Failquoting is fail.

Poor Simca having to watch this thread like a hawk it got out of hand FAST.

Bottom line Blizzards forums, their rules, if you don't like it switch to another service like you would a cell phone.

Blizzard community managers are just people sitting in a cubicle all day being paid to surf forums and answer questions. They are people, and they are entertaining people in less serious threads. I see nothing wrong here.

Deleted
    I think they should act normal indeed. If they act like this they look like fools. Or they think it's funny...

Edit: Oh and if they don't act nice to their customers they lose them. Blizzard has got to learn how to do business.