Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SiNz View Post
    With the way players act, whinge and carry on in general like 2yr old kids whenever something is updated or new comes out. It's no surprise. I couldn't be a Blizz employee in PR having to deal with half you wankers, I'd literally wanna ban you all.
    Funny how you sound exactly like the kind of person you seem to be complaining about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cybermind View Post
    1. Guy made a stupid ass post, got a stupid response (lovely quote from one of Adam Sandler's songs)
    2. What is wrong with this?
    3. What is wrong with this?
    4. What is wrong with this?
    5. What is wrong with this? Pete's Dragon reference.
    6. What is wrong with this? Pete's Dragon reference.
    7. What is wrong with this?
    8. What is wrong with this?
    9. What is wrong with this?
    10. Lyrics from Radiohead's "4 Minute Warning," semi-related to the thread title
    11. Dumb statement, Paladins aren't casters and Bashiok made a dumb comment in response
    12. Poster named "Cupcake" made a good thread, people posted "thanks" and such, Bashiok posted an apparently awful ASCII art cupcake as a joke/thanks. What is wrong with this?
    I thought the same thing, not a single post was any in way, shape or form offensive. Silly, yes. The "attitude" you're seeing is nothing, less than nothing. If you take offensive to that, then I'd hate to see you read a news paper.

This whining over harmless posts is so mindlessly idiotic.

To be honest, you chose some of the worst examples to highlight the problem. The problem in my opinion isn't really the "funny" responses they manage to sometimes conjure, but the rather condescending tone some of the admins/employees have on the forum when users are posting valid concerns/issues. Which basically is the ignorant first line of support, without enough knowledge/integrity to do a proper job. But to be fair, it's not only blizzard having this problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    The comments to trollposts and whatnot made by some of the bizzard staff, is more hilalrious than anything else if you ask me.
    And the kind of posts they reply to like that really deserve it anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clarence034 View Post
    That's a dumb argument considering that you have to have an active subscription to post to Blizzard's forums. To have an active account, you have to pay the monthly fee. If you have to pay a fee for access to something, it's not free. While you could argue that you could still read the forums and not post, that doesn't hold water here since we're discussing blue responses, and blues can't respond to people who don't post.

I am amazed at how low some of you seem to set your standards, and dismayed with how many sycophants there are making excuses for Blizzard.

Your Pal,
    Jubber

That is what Blizz has been pushing the WoW community towards for awhile now. They want them to accept anything, and feel privileged to accept it. That really isn't anything new to anyone who has been paying attention for the last year.

Anyway there is a reason I am on these forums and not the official forums. These forums aren't run by a bunch of immature, idiotic, little entitled brats that think the world revolves around them and the official ones are. So please stop posting their nonsense here. If you haven't come to expect idiocy from blues by now then you really need to go back and read some of ghostcrawlers posts. That guy isn't just a jerk, he's a moron that has no clue about half the classes he talks about. Example go look at his idea of what a bad tank is that's laughable.

so tldr: You should be used to this by now, you should have noticed it's becoming more frequent. Get used to it, and stop posting their stupidity here.

I'm glad I'm not an immature, idiotic, little entitled brat that thinks the world revolves around me, but the rest of your posts in this thread are still out of line. This one is fine, mostly. Last sentence is a bit harsh, but nothing I'd warn/ban for. - Simca
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-12-16 at 07:15 PM.

Blizzard just can't win with some people. Blizzard tried the whole professional forum persona and what did that get them? "WAH you are not like us, you're not truly gamers.... you guys have no sense of humor blah blah blah."
    Now that they have decided to start acting towards whining players the way people wanted them to they are getting bashed.

Personally I love the new Blizzard attitude, more of that please!

---------- Post added 2010-12-16 at 02:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspike View Post
    That is what Blizz has been pushing the WoW community towards for awhile now. They want them to accept anything, and feel privileged to accept it. That really isn't anything new to anyone who has been paying attention for the last year.

Anyway there is a reason I am on these forums and not the official forums. These forums aren't run by a bunch of immature, idiotic, little entitled brats that think the world revolves around them and the official ones are. So please stop posting their nonsense here. If you haven't come to expect idiocy from blues by now then you really need to go back and read some of ghostcrawlers posts. That guy isn't just a jerk, he's a moron that has no clue about half the classes he talks about. Example go look at his idea of what a bad tank is that's laughable.

so tldr: You should be used to this by now, you should have noticed it's becoming more frequent. Get used to it, and stop posting their stupidity here.
    And yet, you still play a game that is made by those very same "morons" that you hate so very much. Ironic isn't it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    Blizzard just can't win with some people. Blizzard tried the whole professional forum persona and what did that get them? "WAH you are not like us, you're not truly gamers.... you guys have no sense of humor blah blah blah."
    Now that they have decided to start acting towards whining players the way people wanted them to they are getting bashed.
    That's because in the adult world, don't worry you will get there someday, professionals are required to act a certain way. You may be able to get away with some things, but there is a reason the world operates the way it does. If you go into a store for example and have a question it doesn't give the person operating that store the right to make fun of you, yes even if they consider it stupid. So for example if you walked into an electronics store and had a question about a computer, by your logic if the person at the desk thought it was stupid they should call you names until you leave. Try that in the real world though, it won't work. You will get fired. One day you will get a job and see that for yourself.

And yet, you still play a game that is made by those very same "morons" that you hate so very much. Ironic isn't it.
    You honestly think any of those idiots could code anything in C++? Really? No those people are not the ones who make the game. The people who make that game you rarely see in interviews, though they do give good ones, and you rarely if ever see on forums. You are confusing the two on purpose to try and prove a point. You have failed, try again.

User was banned for this post and many others. - Simca
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-12-16 at 07:07 PM.

Deleted
    Why do you do this post ?
    Do you want him fired ?
    I enjoyed bashiok's answers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    In today's society it's all about being nice and friendly no matter how dumb/lazy/ignorant the customer is being and honestly it's enabling them so the problem gets even worse
    They're paying for your salary, it's your job to kiss their ass no matter how annoying they are. You can fume and rage after work as much as you want.

At least have the decency to post a meaningful and helpful answer, or no answer at all and just lock it.

If Bashiok ever reads these forums, here's a suggestion; Don't be a dick everyday of your life. Try it, it's refreshing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's hilarious that you're calling him out for all of these, but all the replies in the thread are so positive towards it. What's so wrong with a blue posting weird/funny stuff?
    Lightning Fast

I think its good. As someone said, makes them not seem faceless. The 'ring wrists' comment may have been a bit too much but other than that they were quite good. I especially liked the 'priests have fireballz?' comment.

Deleted
    I cant belive so many of you defend Blizzard on this. There is no excuse for developers to ever be rude to a paying customer. The fact that "we are lucky to get any response" is not the point.

Quote Originally Posted by clarence034 View Post
    That's a dumb argument considering that you have to have an active subscription to post to Blizzard's forums. To have an active account, you have to pay the monthly fee. If you have to pay a fee for access to something, it's not free. While you could argue that you could still read the forums and not post, that doesn't hold water here since we're discussing blue responses, and blues can't respond to people who don't post.

I am amazed at how low some of you seem to set your standards, and dismayed with how many sycophants there are making excuses for Blizzard.
    I am amazed how pathetic some people are that they will complain about literally everything, including how apparently a poster on the forums of a video game not being professional enough when replying to pointless waste of time threads and hurting your feelings, or posting things that are in no way offensive or unprofessional to anyone with a sense of humor.

You don't need a subscription to read the forums. They are free. You don't even pay to post on them, you pay to access the Blizzard servers, this is soemthing else you get for free along with that. You don't pay for them. If you are so upset then stop reading them.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    I cant belive so many of you defend Blizzard on this. There is no excuse for developers to ever be rude to a paying customer. The fact that "we are lucky to get any response" is not the point.
    When paying customers are such idiots...

Plus, which of those was rude? The emo comment may have been but other than that, most of them were just comments. The priest fireballs and the wrists comment could be considered taking the piss, but most of it was okay.

That's because in the adult world, don't worry you will get there someday, professionals are required to act a certain way. You may be able to get away with some things, but there is a reason the world operates the way it does. If you go into a store for example and have a question it doesn't give the person operating that store the right to make fun of you, yes even if they consider it stupid. So for example if you walked into an electronics store and had a question about a computer, by your logic if the person at the desk thought it was stupid they should call you names until you leave. Try that in the real world though, it won't work. You will get fired. One day you will get a job and see that for yourself.
    And yet, should the customer come into said store acting as the trolls do on those forums, they would most likely be thrown out, arrested, or laughed at.

People whine when they don't reply enough,whine when they reply to other people and not them, whine when they don't get the response they want, whine when Blizzard are not professional enough, whine when they are too strict, and of course, just whine about the game.
    Are you really that upset? Quit.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Why not? They're getting your money you are getting a service. Transaction concluded. They can treat you as they damn well please, and if you don't like it, you have the option of not being their customer. This is just more of the scummy sense of self entitlement that has infected the entire community of gamers. "I want more." "I DESERVE this." "I've EARNED that." "I pay you so you should bend to my every whim."

You pay for running servers with reasonable uptime, for them to be in working playable condition as often as is reasonable, and to have access to them as laid out in the terms of use. That's it. Anything you get above that is at Blizzard's courtesy and nothing more. Get over it.

They're doing a service to the greater community by putting individual whiners in their place. As far as I'm concerned I'm grateful that a blue is actually taking the intiative to show them that people don't appreciate their ignorant ranting. The majority of the community seems to enjoy Bashiok's posts. The fact that a few whining malcontents don't doesn't mean he should stop providing a positive to the majority to sate a few ragers who can't get over themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP: maybe you and I have different humor, but I find it very funny, Bashiok is just very creative in every response :P hes the boss man
    So why, I ask, it just doesn't make much sense
    That a man of my stature should have to wear a dress
    I mean what, may I inquire, were you thinking on that day
    When you conjured up for a man like me a robe that looks so gay

That's because in the adult world, don't worry you will get there someday, professionals are required to act a certain way. You may be able to get away with some things, but there is a reason the world operates the way it does. If you go into a store for example and have a question it doesn't give the person operating that store the right to make fun of you, yes even if they consider it stupid. So for example if you walked into an electronics store and had a question about a computer, by your logic if the person at the desk thought it was stupid they should call you names until you leave. Try that in the real world though, it won't work. You will get fired. One day you will get a job and see that for yourself
    soooo, you can go into a shop start yellling and acting like an ass with no consequence nice logic......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannow View Post
    And yet, should the customer come into said store acting as the trolls do on those forums, they would most likely be thrown out, arrested, or laughed at.
    Not everyone who disagrees you or with the developers is a troll, you know - it seems some Blizzard employees are extremely butt hurt when someone has a subjective opinion that does not coincide with theirs.