Prevent casting exorcism after AoW proc! need help

Ok so I use Snowfallkeypress it's an addon that basically makes it that my spells are activated on keypress and not key release.It's been awesome for my ele shaman throughout wotlk.
    Now the thing is I usually spam an ability whenever it procs what I mean by that is I click really really quickly to minimize the downtime between the GCD and the actual cast like many of you do.
    However I see that after an AoW proc my pala would be casting an exo due to how fast I click and thanks to snowfallkeypress.With any other class this would be great since my downtime is just the GCD however I see myself having to move or press esc to stop casting exco and this pretty much ruins my whole each second counts philosophy.
    ANy way OTHER than to stop using snowfallkeypress to fix this?
    Is there some macro I could use that makes is so that my exco will only ''cast'' if AoW is proced?
    Last edited by Pullup; 2010-12-19 at 02:10 PM.
    Pew pew

If you're spamming the ability before it comes off cooldown anyway, it makes no difference whether the ability casts on key down or key up.
    Just something I wanted to point out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    If you're spamming the ability before it comes off cooldown anyway, it makes no difference whether the ability casts on key down or key up.
    Just something I wanted to point out.
    It just FEELS different.I really don't know how to explain it unless you try it out.

Anyway to solve my problem tho?
    Pew pew

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if this will help but i have a second cast bar in the centre of the screen this allows me to quickly check if i pressing exo button long after the AOW proc has been consumed.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnpreston View Post
    I don't know if this will help but i have a second cast bar in the centre of the screen this allows me to quickly check if i pressing exo button long after the AOW proc has been consumed.
    My problem is not to know if I am casting it or not.I know I'm casting it I can detect it 0.2-0.4 seconds into the casting time but :
    1- It consumed a GCD
    2- It takes 1 second or so of real time to cancel it,the command to go to the server and so on.
    Pew pew

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pullup View Post
    My problem is not to know if I am casting it or not.I know I'm casting it I can detect it 0.2-0.4 seconds into the casting time but :
    1- It consumed a GCD
    2- It takes 1 second or so of real time to cancel it,the command to go to the server and so on.
    Ah okay... in that case i am stumped... I have deliberately put exo on a very strange key bind that i only press when i see the big power arua flash in my face. You could try that.

All the best.

There's a spell queue now, with a window where the spell in the queue can't be replaced. The slider for how large the window is is under Interface -> Combat on the bottom, called "Custom Lag Tolerance".

You have a couple options here. You can either move the slider to 0 ms so you essentially don't have a spell queue, you can stop spamming your key and instead take advantage of the queue instead of having it work against you, or you can always be strafing slightly when you cast exorcism. The third option is actually more effective than you're probably thinking. Basically, if you're strafing at all, exorcism can't even begin to cast unless it's instant, so it won't even reset your swing timer like it does if you start casting and are forced to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnpreston View Post
    Ah okay... in that case i am stumped... I have deliberately put exo on a very strange key bind that i only press when i see the big power arua flash in my face. You could try that.

All the best.
    Reaction time would ruin that.
    I have all my damage abilities bount to 1234qwer . If my exco is something like shift+0 or whatever I'd just forget about the whole every second count.

Thanks anyway.

---------- Post added 2010-12-19 at 02:21 PM ----------

very interesting.Starfing during AoW. Thanks.
    This is all I needed.

Pew pew

10+ Year Old Account
    #showtooltip
    /cast Exocism
    /stopcasting

I don't think I understand the problem. When you see aow just hit exo once. Why are you spamming it? Doesn't the in game custom latency option make spamming pointless? Since you queue the ability and it goes asap.

Even if you cancel it the moment you start casting it it's a dps loss , you're reseting your swing timer.

The best option is set the latency slider to 0 so you have no queue , hence spamming does not queue.

#showtooltip Exorcism
    /cast Exorcism
    /stopcasting

Deleted
    Go to interface options

then combat

Change the custom lag tolerance at the bottom to 0ms

Will stop the exorcism spam from before hand queuing up, allowing you to switch without it casting exorcism.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't spam your keys. If you even start to cast you're going to reset your swing timer it's best you just get out of the habit.