Feast and Cauldron Achievement

I am a member of a casual 10 man raiding guild. We were looking at the requirements for guild feasts and cauldrons and were talking about what we needed to do to eventually get them.

Then we realized they they were useless, here is why:

We raid 8 hours a week with 10 people. That is 80 hours of raiding per week. There are ~50 weeks we raid in a year. Which is now 4000 hours a year.

We need to make 10,000 flasks which last an hour each. So by the time the next expansion comes out, we still would not have used up enough flasks we made for the achievement. The same math works for the dragon feasts.

So I ask now, is this achievement only for hard core 20+ hour a week 25 man guilds? We would like to be able to use cauldrons, as we plan to do hard modes just like any other guild of that level.

Am I missing something, or do we just not get guild flasks/feasts?

10+ Year Old Account
    You dont need to use every single flask. You just need to make 10,000.

Horde Malganis

Then whats the point of having the cauldrons if we have enough to raid beyond the next expansion where the flasks will be useless again? I am not sure if you understand the question.

Most guilds will not be able to utilize cauldrons for almost a year, if at all, and then its only going to be hardcore 25 man guilds.

Sell the flasks?
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

You don't have to use all the flasks..not to mention true hardcore guilds clear the content in about half the time casuals do...

Still I am not sure if people are getting this.

What is the point of cauldrons. If you make the 10,000 flasks for it, you have 10,000 flask, you do not need any more. If I sell them then I just end up getting the same mats to buy a cauldron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temorse View Post
    Still I am not sure if people are getting this.

What is the point of cauldrons. If you make the 10,000 flasks for it, you have 10,000 flask, you do not need any more. If I sell them then I just end up getting the same mats to buy a cauldron.
    You aren't getting it. You make 10000. You sell 9000. You have 1000, more then enough. Plus BUTTLOADS of gold.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    It could perhaps be for guilds who raid more, or have more people? Just a crazy idea.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    which ever size guild the acheivment is "geared toward" (im not necessarily agreeing with you) you dont go into a raid saying "ok were raiding 3 hours tonight ... im gonna make 3 flasks" you just make a shit ton... sell the ones you dont use/need ... so if anything blizz is forcing you to profit ... those bastards!!!

Chances are your alchemists are already going to want to make flasks they don't need and, instead of giving all of them to guildies for free (assuming they're nice people lol), are going to want to make some cash doing it. It's not like your JC's and enchanters don't work for non-guildies for gold either... What Clethius said above me: OH NO, Blizz is MAKING you make extra gold?