Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    thank you for doing the hard work so lazy people like me don't have to :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synfiction View Post
    thank you for doing the hard work so lazy people like me don't have to :P
    this (10 chars)

so i was in a party with an unholy dk and noticed it procced 100% off unholy blight even non crits. how much would this change di for an unholy dk? not sure if its a bug since he has 4% crit and was in pvp gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta be a bug. I'll see if I can track down an unholy DK tonight.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinzaram View Post
    I think the bit that has Starfox scratching his head is the "Balance druids have a guaranteed crit mechanic via Sunfire".

What guaranteed crit mechanic is this? :S
    Casting sunfire after eclipse in a Tier 4pc proc, or at least this is what simcraft is reporting (95% crit on sunfire ticks)

---------- Post added 2011-01-31 at 01:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dotsown View Post
    so i was in a party with an unholy dk and noticed it procced 100% off unholy blight even non crits. how much would this change di for an unholy dk? not sure if its a bug since he has 4% crit and was in pvp gear.
    Considering it can't crit (as far as I know) it has to be a bug. However, even with 100% uptime it's still better on others.

R.I.P. YARG

Regarding trees in 4.0.6:

Symbiosis now increases the potency of healing spells by 11.6% (Up from 10%) on target already affected by one of your HoTs. Each point of Mastery now increases heal potency by an additional 1.45%, up from 1.25%.

Resto druids require certain very exact haste numbers to reach extra ticks of their HoTs. If you can get 15% from Nature's Grace, 5% from raid, 3% from Dark Intent, and 10.56% from gear (1352 haste), you reach 33.56% haste, which gives you: 14th tick of Lifebloom, 10th tick of WG, and 6th tick of Rejuv.

Roughly, the 10th tick of WG is +11% to the healing ouput of WG; the 6th tick of Rejuv is +20%; the extra tick of Lifebloom is 7%. Uptime of NG is 25%, so you'd gain ~3.2% total healing from the 3% haste buff.

To reach this number of HoT ticks without the DI, you'd need to trade 4.64% healing effectiveness in Mastery. Assuming 90% uptime on tree mastery, which I think I have (because all you have to do is Rejuv before you cast WG, and vice versa), you reduce that number to 4.18%. So the overall gain to healing on a Mastery spec resto druid for this buff would be approximately 9% + 4.17% = 13.17%.

If you have, generally, 6-7 healers in the raid and 16-17 DPS, the proportion of raid contribution from this buff will be significantly higher on the healers.

I'm not saying it should always go there, but I think it is very likely under-utilized on the healers. Hard to model exactly, but maybe you could add something along the lines of total healing contribution.
    Last edited by Lyelu; 2011-02-04 at 04:15 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Will do, thanks for the math.

R.I.P. YARG

10+ Year Old Account
    Very helpful info here - I'm holding on to this for my raids and to provide reference to some of our locks who just don't get it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ranking by PERSONAL DPS GAIN (Caster is Affliction, but order is the same for all specs)
    Is there a reason why healers are not included in this, since a lock's dps gain is dependent on who provides the highest up time for the buff. It is pretty simple to model healers in on that and can even be done using a World of Logs if you have an actual combat log parse of the healer healing while the lock's Dark intent is on them.

Also it would be worthwhile to provide a hps gain. While HPS is meaningless in an actual fight since healing is how you use it, not how often you use it, it will still provide a basic idea of how big of an impact it is having on healers. You won't be able to make a direct comparison to dps for what is better but it does allow intelligent players to make a call if a 3000 more hps is better then a 2500 dps gain.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2011-02-01 at 05:14 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    ^ Because I was lazy and wanted to get the information out there in the first place. Will revise for 4.0.6

HPS will be a bit tricky, but I'll see if I can pull some averages.
    Last edited by gherkin; 2011-02-01 at 05:35 PM.

R.I.P. YARG

May I suggest that, rather than using HPS, look at percentages. HPS is half of DPS on the worldoflogs, so the whole thing would come out very odd, unless using percentage of increase.

Also, I can confirm that I kept up Dark Intent for warlock tonight at rate of 93-94% on Nefarian wipes. But I jumped in the lava on the wipes, so maybe I could have gotten closer to 100.
    Last edited by Lyelu; 2011-02-02 at 04:55 AM.

where did you get 74% of spriests damage are dots? hardly seeing this on a single target (and since devouring plague can be on 1 target) on multiple target it's not that great also

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The % will change from fight to fight, but in a tank and spank fight, this should hold true. Looking at last nights's Atramedes kill I had 73.4% of my total damage from DOTS.

This % should be higher on a multiple-target fight as we will be able to multi-DOT additional targets to maximize our DPS. Reviewing last night's logs again, on Omni-Tron Defence Council, I had ~
    80% of damage from DOTS.

The numbers quoted by the original poster, and subsequent posters, are results from simulation craft.

Addon Possibilities

I have been kicking around the idea of doing an addon for Dark Intent. I was dondering what people would like to see. I have a few ideas listed below.

1) something that simply shows a list like the one from the thread that is simply filtered by classes in your raid/party and by your lock type.

2) similar to #1 but with additional support for identifying who to drop dark intent onto.

3) again similar to #1 as a way to judge who to put DI on to start but with possible integration with recount or with its own calculations that would help you decide where it should go once you have seen the actual performance of the raid/party members.

Other things such as alerts when you dont have dark intent on anyone or a better way to show the numbers of stacks of things or benefits gained are also possibilities.

Feel free message/email me with suggestions although I will also monitor this thread as it is the best source of infor for DI I have come across.

=V=

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that this would be exceptionally complicated during multitarget fights, player playstyle, encounter, gear, etc.

I think a better addon would be something very simple: For the last fight, DI gave you X damage and your target Y damage for a Raid DPS increase of X Damage.

Thus you could swap it around on people for the biggest actual gain as opposed to "projected" gain. A Priest who doesn't multi-dot on Dragon Twins might still come out ahead of a boomkin who does. Who knows?

Definately interested in helping get something going. I have an account on Curse if you want to get started.

R.I.P. YARG

Curse acct

Thanx gherkin I have a curse acct also although I havn't used it for much yet. I have only created a few small addons for my personal use in the past but I do have 31 years of programming experience. This will be my first "real" addon and of course I get the idea just before leaving for Cancun and my Wedding/Honeymoon for a week. I will have internet access and should have wow installed on that laptop so I can start work on it while my fiancee/wife reads on the beach

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Given the rather large difference between affliction and destruction in terms of how well they buff other casters (and how they benefit from getting the buff back), is it worthwhile to stay affliction (even with it being the lowest personal dps spec) in 4.0.6 assuming you always have a shadow priest/fire mage/boomkin or even for a resto druid on progression content at the least?

I played demonology all through ICC so a small chunk of lost DPS really isn't a big deal for me, provided its picked up somewhere else with extra.
    When I'm sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Vollus View Post
    Thanx gherkin I have a curse acct also although I havn't used it for much yet. I have only created a few small addons for my personal use in the past but I do have 31 years of programming experience. This will be my first "real" addon and of course I get the idea just before leaving for Cancun and my Wedding/Honeymoon for a week. I will have internet access and should have wow installed on that laptop so I can start work on it while my fiancee/wife reads on the beach
    Working on WoW on your honeymoon - now THAT'S hardcore (And if she's that understanding then My God you're marrying the right woman)
    Some mornings it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killainstnct View Post
    Given the rather large difference between affliction and destruction in terms of how well they buff other casters (and how they benefit from getting the buff back), is it worthwhile to stay affliction (even with it being the lowest personal dps spec) in 4.0.6 assuming you always have a shadow priest/fire mage/boomkin or even for a resto druid on progression content at the least?

I played demonology all through ICC so a small chunk of lost DPS really isn't a big deal for me, provided its picked up somewhere else with extra.
    Test: Kill a boss one week as affliction, the next as destro. Are your personal numbers close? Go Affliction. 2k+ difference? Destruction or Demonology.

R.I.P. YARG

To Vollus
    Prefer #3: This looks like it might be easier as a Skada or Recount addon. Percentage of contribution to the raid seems most relevant. For example, uptime on himself is a raid contribution, as also is the additional percentage of healing I achieve with it, or the additional DPS from a DI target. And too, there's the healing contribution from a Shadowpriest by increasing his dps, which should be considered. Altogether, it seems rather difficult to pinpoint what the percentage of contribution is, without doing long boring analysis of logs after the night is over, right now.

If there are other buffs like this, Focus Magic or whatnot, they could easily be included later.

Quote Originally Posted by Killainstnct View Post

If you're good at demonology, the major consideration is the spellpower buff that we otherwise get from elemental shaman. Right now, demonology DPS is supposed to be much higher than elemental shaman, so that most raids prefer them over elems if they can find a good one.
    Last edited by Lyelu; 2011-02-04 at 04:54 PM.