Page 33 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mostlyharmless View Post
    Haha nice job! If only there was a way to dps the ads harder as frost...
    Well we can always shout out that frost mages need an AoE buff on the official forums. If some one makes a thread and links it here, and we all contribute to it... we might be heard.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Well we can always shout out that frost mages need an AoE buff on the official forums. If some one makes a thread and links it here, and we all contribute to it... we might be heard.
    They just need to make blizzard work with FoF again. 1 point in ice shards and we have our amazing AOE back from Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    They just need to make blizzard work with FoF again. 1 point in ice shards and we have our amazing AOE back from Wrath.
    That would be awesome. Plus it'd be a simple fix. No extra spells that need to be added, not new talents needed to be created. Just slightly changing the way a spell works.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    That would be awesome. Plus it'd be a simple fix. No extra spells that need to be added, not new talents needed to be created. Just slightly changing the way a spell works.
    Exactly. Ever seen the numbers that a shatter spamming blizzard pulls? It's like 40k on a decent size AOE pull.

Exactly. Ever seen the numbers that a shatter spamming blizzard pulls? It's like 40k on a decent size AOE pull.
    Pity it breaks petfreeze so fast xD.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    Pity it breaks petfreeze so fast xD.
    Exactly why FoF should work with Blizzard as a fix for our AOE.

Edit: http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/9...1910214207.jpg Old screenshot back in ICC. I miss frost's old AOE DPS.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2011-07-29 at 05:23 PM.

This is the only thing keeping frost from being the top spec. I can't believe Blizzard nerfed blizzard so badly!

I havent played for a good 3-4 months (Just started again like 2 weeks ago and guild is on a break) so I havent gotten the chance to try frost out in ra

However, in 5mans etc I'm doing decent numbers and I enjoy playing it alot more then arcane.

Something funny happend today, went ICC etc doing old bosses and this arcane mage (in better gear then me) was flaming me for being frost, ended up eating him up on dmg meters by 1-2k on each boss, made him shut up

Could someone please take a look at my armory and tell me if theres anything major wrong you can find? About my trinekts, I also have normal mirror, normal bell.

Armory in sign.

15+ Year Old Account
    Replace SoT with TM and take points out of lol-Reactive Barrier and cap out Enduring Winter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Replace SoT with TM and take points out of lol-Reactive Barrier and cap out Enduring Winter.
    You do realize that that would put him under the hit cap right? Even if he reversed the reforge on his ring and reforged the Volcano to hit, he would still be about 140 hit below cap.

It would actually be more beneficial if you had the bell from Atremedes or if you run a few FL raids, and pick up the Avengers Revered trinket and reforged either to hit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    You do realize that that would put him under the hit cap right? Even if he reversed the reforge on his ring and reforged the Volcano to hit, he would still be about 140 hit below cap.

It would actually be more beneficial if you had the bell from Atremedes or if you run a few FL raids, and pick up the Avengers Revered trinket and reforged either to hit.
    A loss in Hit for a gain in Int. At his gear level, that is a DPS gain. I still can't figure out why SimCraft values Hit so high for Frost in comparison to the other specs, but I think 354 Int would still trump 321 Hit.

15+ Year Old Account
    um...loss of hit would mean devaluing the usefulness of Fingers of Frost which increases your crit damage on Frostfire bolts, Ice Lance (not so much in higher gear levels), and as much as 150k Deep Freeze. Yes I agree the 321 Hit needs to be replaced, but not to something that would cause him more harm than good. If he can find a trinket that allows him to reforge to hit (even the crummy Soul Casket is better) then go for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Int Gain DPS: 1,412.106
    Hit DPS: 1,392.04

Going off the Frost stat values here. If he fixes his other reforges, he is at 1,693 Hit rating putting him at 16.51% Hit. I think he'd see a DPS gain if he fixed all that and changed his trinket.

He can pick up some extra hit by grabbing the 359 JP boots instead of Einhorn's Galoshes.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Lol-Reactive Barrier is in my humble opinion a great talent seeing it can now proc while a spell is queue'ed up and therefor it's survivability at the cost of some dps talents assuming you'll take damage in the following 1 minute after it procced.

I personally gave up Piercing Chill.
    On shannox the dogs are usually apart, thus the cleave damage is rare. On heroic I'll probably be on facerage duty and damage is mostly irrelevant besides breaking face rage.
    Beth'tilac has cleave targets in P1 though the extra free barriers are a godsend in P2.
    Alysrazor and Rhyolith I do as fire for some reasons, though PC would work great while steering the legs.
    Baleroc is a pure single target fight and the talent allows me to take an extra stack of torment.
    The small kitties on major domo would be a valid cleave target.
    For ragnaros, it's only really useful in the transition phases and only when 2 adds happen to be close which isn't always happening.

In the end piercing chill is amazing for 1 fight while having some applications in 5 others and being useless in 1.
    Reactive barrier is useful and possibly life saving in all 7.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    Lol-Reactive Barrier is in my humble opinion a great talent seeing it can now proc while a spell is queue'ed up and therefor it's survivability at the cost of some dps talents assuming you'll take damage in the following 1 minute after it procced.

I personally gave up Piercing Chill.
    On shannox the dogs are usually apart, thus the cleave damage is rare. On heroic I'll probably be on facerage duty and damage is mostly irrelevant besides breaking face rage.
    Beth'tilac has cleave targets in P1 though the extra free barriers are a godsend in P2.
    Alysrazor and Rhyolith I do as fire for some reasons, though PC would work great while steering the legs.
    Baleroc is a pure single target fight and the talent allows me to take an extra stack of torment.
    The small kitties on major domo would be a valid cleave target.
    For ragnaros, it's only really useful in the transition phases and only when 2 adds happen to be close which isn't always happening.

In the end piercing chill is amazing for 1 fight while having some applications in 5 others and being useless in 1.
    Reactive barrier is useful and possibly life saving in all 7.
    My main problem with Reactive Barrier is that it obeys the Ice Barrier CD, so if you're playing properly, aka proactively, Reactive Barrier should never proc. That being said, I would not give up Enduring Winter for it, but I suppose that Piercing Chill could go if you absolutely must have RB.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mostlyharmless View Post
    This is the only thing keeping frost from being the top spec. I can't believe Blizzard nerfed blizzard so badly!
    Considering shadow priest has a very good 1-button AoE... yeah, Blizzard would definitely be better off interacting with FoF.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Rebo View Post
    Considering shadow priest has a very good 1-button AoE... yeah, Blizzard would definitely be better off interacting with FoF.
    I really dont see why they ever changed it to not work with FoF.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicc View Post
    I really dont see why they ever changed it to not work with FoF.
    I believe Blizz didn't want instances and raids to be AoE fests. Heroics... it's sort of inevitable as we outgear them. It wouldn't really hurt raids, either.
    Last edited by Max Rebo; 2011-08-04 at 05:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Rebo View Post
    I believe Blizz didn't want instances and raids to be AoE fests. Heroics... it's sort of inevitable as we outgear them. It would really hurt raids, either.
    Yea, but early cata everyone was raiding as fire and still had incredible aoe, /sigh Blizztard