Page 37 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Blizzard no longer WORKS with FoF. It still procs it. In Wrath, blizzard would consume and generate FoF charges, making the subsequent AOE crit storm amazing. This is no longer the case.
    Oh, I see now. I misread. My mistake.

Would you still not recommend even one point in it for proccing BF and FoF for single-target use right after AoE? (Magmaw parasites, Cho'gall blood, Beth spiderlings, etc.)

Blizzard no longer WORKS with FoF. It still procs it. In Wrath, blizzard would consume and generate FoF charges, making the subsequent AOE crit storm amazing. This is no longer the case.
    Boy, that would help with Frost AoE issues. I just loved seeing all those crits flooding the screen in, say... any WotLK heroic with a geared tank. It was beautiful. Mindless, but beautiful.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raynfal View Post
    Oh, I see now. I misread. My mistake.

Would you still not recommend even one point in it for proccing BF and FoF for single-target use right after AoE? (Magmaw parasites, Cho'gall blood, Beth spiderlings, etc.)
    I would call it an optional point. There are better classes suited to those specific jobs, such as a frost DK or hunter for parasites/spiderlings, and bloods I'm usually saving an elemental's freeze for, and cone of cold when they come close, as they're all from roughly the same position. If it works for you, take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    Boy, that would help with Frost AoE issues. I just loved seeing all those crits flooding the screen in, say... any WotLK heroic with a geared tank. It was beautiful. Mindless, but beautiful.
    Did you ever see it with Nibelung? You could get 20-30 val'kyr going on a good pull.

Did you ever see it with Nibelung? You could get 20-30 val'kyr going on a good pull.
    Unfortunately, I didn't. What little raiding I was doing back then was on my Hunter (which did get Zod's, a reasonably cool bow), and then I rerolled my Mage into a Dwarf once Cataclysm dropped. Nowadays I'm really loving the fact Frost Mages are viable and fun to play on PvE, but it doesn't look like I'll be doing any raiding anytime soon. Guild team full, not a lot of free time in neat 3-to-4-hour chunks, all that. There is still hope, though, and following this thread is keeping me updated just in case a slot opens up! Thanks for the great work, Kuni!

(And while raiding opportunities don't show up, I'm going dual Frost/Frost and giving PvP a go. Flinging ice around is great no matter the context! Go team Frost!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    Unfortunately, I didn't. What little raiding I was doing back then was on my Hunter (which did get Zod's, a reasonably cool bow), and then I rerolled my Mage into a Dwarf once Cataclysm dropped. Nowadays I'm really loving the fact Frost Mages are viable and fun to play on PvE, but it doesn't look like I'll be doing any raiding anytime soon. Guild team full, not a lot of free time in neat 3-to-4-hour chunks, all that. There is still hope, though, and following this thread is keeping me updated just in case a slot opens up! Thanks for the great work, Kuni!

(And while raiding opportunities don't show up, I'm going dual Frost/Frost and giving PvP a go. Flinging ice around is great no matter the context! Go team Frost!)
    http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/9...1910214207.jpg Sadly I can't find the whelps before Sindragosa, as that was always the most impressive amount of val'kyr, but you can easily see that frost's AOE used to be many times better than it is currently.

Hopefully you'll get to raid again. It's fun to have people freak out that you're doing well as frost.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully you'll get to raid again. It's fun to have people freak out that you're doing well as frost.
    Actually it's fun just running 5-mans as frost and people freaking out. I was running a pug ZA on Tuesday since I was trying to get enough points to get my 3-piece. Group was running a bear mount (which I coincidentally won the bear ) and the tank was freaking out that I was doing 27k dps as frost on bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Actually it's fun just running 5-mans as frost and people freaking out. I was running a pug ZA on Tuesday since I was trying to get enough points to get my 3-piece. Group was running a bear mount (which I coincidentally won the bear ) and the tank was freaking out that I was doing 27k dps as frost on bosses.
    Also entirely amusing. And more probable since you're usually not pugging raids these days.

Sadly I think the people on the servers I'm usually grouped with are either mostly immune to shock, all mutes, or all used to me. The few times I've been pulled over by realID invite and gotten new servers entirely has always been good fun with people freaking out.

I thought they removed battlegroups? I'm still usually stuck with Ruin servers, occasionally Shadowburn and Vindication, but nothing else really.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm a moron, it's by datacenter currently.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2011-08-13 at 06:55 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought they removed battlegroups? I'm still usually stuck with Ruin servers, occasionally Shadowburn and Vindication, but nothing else really.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm a moron, it's by datacenter currently.
    Actually i thought it was only 3 battle groups that were grouped together back in November.

Edit: not sure if they completed this or not but this was the original blue post:

http://www.wowheadnews.com/blog=1730...hmaking-update
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2011-08-13 at 07:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowblues.com/us/region-wi...497535489.html

Full, final updated. Seems that the zoning is based on http://www.wowpedia.org/US_realm_list_by_datacenter

Still, Ruin's linking is mute or something. I go with my friend over to group A and just about every group freaks out over my DPS as frost.

this may be a stupid question, apologies for that.

i get it that i need to have 34% crit in raids. my question is how much crit i need on my gear (in my character stats window) in order to achieve that in a raid ?

we raid 25 mans and we have everything except rogues and no i don't think i will get a focus magic on me.
    my (main) mage : eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kilrogg/udiya/advanced , arcane atm, will switch to frost tomorrow after i get my 4th tier12 piece.

thanks.

I so want to raid as frost but I seem to do so bad dps with frost Like on ragnaros last night I did 18k as frost and 22-23k as arcane :<

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really nice and imformative guide, we're lucky to have people like you

Ok well I have actually seen more come from mastery > haste this past week when I reforged all my gear. I do raid as frost, only thing is my gear isn't the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jdaniel View Post
    this may be a stupid question, apologies for that.

i get it that i need to have 34% crit in raids. my question is how much crit i need on my gear (in my character stats window) in order to achieve that in a raid ?

we raid 25 mans and we have everything except rogues and no i don't think i will get a focus magic on me.
    my (main) mage : eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kilrogg/udiya/advanced , arcane atm, will switch to frost tomorrow after i get my 4th tier12 piece.

thanks.
    Entirely unbuffed, it should be around 20%. Molten provides 3%, 5% debuff, 5% buff, and well fed/flask/kings is around 1% crit on top of it works out to 34%.

Quote Originally Posted by jammersplace View Post
    Ok well I have actually seen more come from mastery > haste this past week when I reforged all my gear. I do raid as frost, only thing is my gear isn't the best.
    Individual stat weights are always different. I've posted the general rule, which is technically true for most levels of gear in the T11 range. But by all means do what works. Following guides blindly isn't smart. Do your own simulations as well. All these things help.

Hi all, been a veteran browser for sometime now and I decided to start posting. First, I'd like to say thank you Kuni for setting up such a great guide!

I've recently got my 4-piece and I'm highly considering switching to frost from Arcane, now my question are regarding my two trinkets. Currently on my sig are Normal TM and MWC, I do have access to both Rune of Zeth and Heroic Bell, should I be switching to those assuming I switch to frost? What are your thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelena View Post
    Currently on my sig are Normal TM and MWC, I do have access to both Rune of Zeth and Heroic Bell, should I be switching to those assuming I switch to frost? What are your thoughts?
    Honestly this has been a question that's bugging me as well. My simulator won't run anymore so my testing has taken a pause. My gut feeling is TM/Zeth, but we've all seen me wrong on this before if I haven't tested it. Sorry I can't be of more help, but I'm running blind without the sim.

Ok, so I'm going to give frost a real try this lockout.

However, I got some questions about what gear to run.

I got 4x t11 (Chest and legs are heroic), but I also got 2x t12 (chest and legs). Should I break the t11 and get the t12s?

Also, I'm going to run with glyph of molten armor and get 34 % crit easy. But should I reforge everything I can to haste or is there some magic number for haste before I go mastery?

Armory in link, not sure if im in pve gear tho!

So, Last week I switched to raiding frost mostly because Arcane is way too mind numbing for me to play anymore, and did 27k on baleroc on 10 man, I think once I get to playing a little more flawlessly things should be a bit better but I'm liking the results so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimpan View Post
    I got 4x t11 (Chest and legs are heroic), but I also got 2x t12 (chest and legs). Should I break the t11 and get the t12s?
    Don't believe so for that specific instance.

Enchants question

Hi fellow frost mages!

tonight i was lucky enough to get my T12 gloves from occu'thar in BH, and I am wondering what do you think is the best enchant to put on these?
    On some sites I read people recommending sticking to the +28 SP from Wrath, but that doesn't seem right. The Mastery one also doesn't
    seem right since it is our lowest rated stat. Should I go for the +50 haste?

Also, I am currently using lavawalker on my boots for the speed boost, but I am not sure that is the best option.