Page 40 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Is Frost viable in PVE now? I assumed it was all about Arcane.

Deleted
    Kimpan > You can simply change /fr/ by /en/
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...82ube/advanced

As Kimpan said, you have only 13.86% hit right now, you should be close to 17%.
    Your should really find another trinket to replace your archeology one.

Et si, il y a des mages frost français

Ah, thanks. Okey so:

When you used SimCraft, did you run it with 25,000 or 1,000 ? Because most people run it with 1,000. Did you run it with elite player or good player? Run it again with 25,000 runs and good player (set in options).

Get hit cap.
    Use wow-reforge to get some better reforging (You got abit high crit tbh).
    Change trinket, the one you got (int and use return mana is craaap!) Get the one from Firelands dalies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimpan View Post
    Ah, thanks. Okey so:

When you used SimCraft, did you run it with 25,000 or 1,000 ? Because most people run it with 1,000. Did you run it with elite player or good player? Run it again with 25,000 runs and good player (set in options).

Get hit cap.
    Use wow-reforge to get some better reforging (You got abit high crit tbh).
    Change trinket, the one you got (int and use return mana is craaap!) Get the one from Firelands dalies
    25,000 iterations with elite gives the most accurate results.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    25,000 iterations with elite gives the most accurate results.
    No, 25,000 with good gives the most accurate result. Do you really believe he's a elite player? (No offence!). Not many are, not many knows how to push their DPS with low movment. So using good = better

Deleted
    Tanks for the answer !

yep, the archaeology trinket are from one of my healer, i'll try to change it asap

i run simcraft with 10.000 iterations and elite, but i will try with good. concerning the crit, according to the apps linked in zumzumzum's sig, i'm just 5 crit rating over the shatter cap (without focus magic / glyph of MA), should i reduce my crit to just cap my ice lance ?

so nothing wrong with the dps repartition in the log ? me voila rassuré thanks again !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimpan View Post
    No, 25,000 with good gives the most accurate result. Do you really believe he's a elite player? (No offence!). Not many are, not many knows how to push their DPS with low movment. So using good = better
    No, you don't want to use the "good" skill. Take a look at what the skill setting does - below "elite" it just skips actions in the priority list so the mistakes it would make are horrible. You might burn down a little too far or use evocation a little too early but no player is going to stop burning at 60% mana and that is the type of thing that the "good" player setting can do.

For all the ppl having troubles figuring out what crit they need or where theirs is at go to curse.com download mage nuggets and it will do all the work for you plus a ton of other things that will most likely help you out if the crit math is causing issues. It has a box that will show you stats real time so as procs and buffs are added it changes.

---------- Post added 2011-09-02 at 12:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Is Frost viable in PVE now? I assumed it was all about Arcane.
    Arcane is better for just about every fight, but frost is close on many of those. Mix in the fact that many ppl have a very strong dislike of arcane or the throngs of mages that want to pve frost every chance they get there is starting to be more ppl playing it. Now of course many ppl will point out stateofdps or something like that but the low numbers for frost is mostly due to the fact so few play it compaired to arc or fire. Just in the last month or so the amount of ppl adding frost parses has gone way up quickly raising the bar for precieved average dmg. While putting out the most dmg as you can helps a lot having fun is also pretty important.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

We know that heroic NF + heroic VPLC is our BiS.

But what about 359-384 trinkets? In case we don't have any of those 2, I mean.
    T12N frost mage simc profile lists RoZ+NF as the 'normal BiS', but rawr tells me to use DMC:V+VPLC. I'm out of ideas.

Let's say we use the 'trick' with pre-pull MWC. That means we won't be able to use RoZ when we want to (we actually won't be able to use it even when we shoot the 2nd FFO after the 1st expires). Throw in the fact that I'm an engineer. Also let's assume I don't have FM on me, so I need a LOT of crit from my gear.

So, does it really come down to VPLC+DMC:V? VPLC is the one replacing MWC after the 'trick' (so DMC:V doesn't get its ICD and procs as early as possible), and DMC:V is here to give me some hit to gain.

Or is NF really not the very best choice at 'normal' levels? Isn't NF+[VPLC/DMC/RoZ] better?

That is the question I can't really answer myself yet, any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Deleted
    DMC:V and NF are the "378 BiS".

You gain 400 - 430 Int (depending on fight duraiton) 321 Mastery + 70 fire dps from DMC:V. It´s still a hell of trinket, not that much difference between VPLC heroic and DMC:V.

I've just spent about 2 hours playing around with my trinket combinations (each time I changed my trinkets, I reforged to get as close to 1742 hit as possible, AND I also re-checked how much crit do I need from gear with the current int from my trinket combination), this is what I got:

Top1: DMC+NF
    Top2: DMC+RoZ (Guess what, I had a hard time reforging this shit with SO much stats to play around with... those reforging calculators helped me a lot)
    Top3: RoZ+NF
    Top4: RoZ+VPLC
    Top5: VPLC+NF

I didn't check VPLC+DMC because it was obvious that it won't be better than DMC+NF. So yeah, it looks like DMC>NF>RoZ.
    This is good becuase this way I can easily use the MWC trick (replacing NF, as far as I'm aware there's no such thing as 'ICD' for this trinket) AND get DMC's proc during the prepot+coldsnap burn.
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    Top1: DMC+NF
    Top2: DMC+RoZ (Guess what, I had a hard time reforging this shit with SO much stats to play around with... those reforging calculators helped me a lot)
    Top3: RoZ+NF
    Top4: RoZ+VPLC
    Top5: VPLC+NF
    Great work, thanks! Not many people do the math on the reg gear since SimC won't run anymore for me. Is this for your own gear or using the 378 set from SimC?

I've made simulations with my real gear, here's the armory:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...d0%be/advanced

Armory has problem showing the conclave random-enchantment rings, this one is mastery/haste, haste was reforged to hit.
    The reforging saved in armory is not final: when I get home I'll try to find a balance between mastery/haste.

I'm not sure about the gems though: so far I've only replaced 2 red gems with orange+purple in the chest. Everything else is 'red everywhere', something I was using for arcane.

Anyone knows what the haste cap is for frost mages? With fully raid buffs. (I assume it's soft cap is when you reach 1.0 cast time with BL) but anyone got the exact number?
    Last edited by Kimpan; 2011-09-05 at 09:44 AM.

With Heroism / Bloodlust / Time Warp, Icy Veins, Wrath of Air Totem / Improved Moonkin Form / Mind Quickening, Netherwind Presence 2/3 cap should be 2523.452 or 19.706% from gear. I just used http://milamber.ch/spellhastecap.html ratings are different for goblin 2371.717 and for troll if used with berserking 1859.626. You can enable early frost also but it is once every 15 sec so meh.
    Last edited by Desparil; 2011-09-05 at 10:23 AM.

Ah, thanks for that link.. been looking for something like that Still 520 haste from cap then so I'm good!

Deleted
    Well, very interesting page, but the GCD cap for 2/2 Early Frost is 0.8 seconds

Deleted
    So I had never thought about that, how do you guys handle a fight with BL at start, let's say Baleroc ?
    I mean, I always use Icy Veins (and even Berserking) at start, but this is pretty much useless with BL on, I guess :/

I start with FFO + Mirror images + Icy Veins and cast a few FB / FFB to proc DMV and Heroic Bell, then Deep Freeze, Cold Snap, Deep Freeze, FFO,
    and Icy Veins when the first ends.

So I have both Bloodlust and Icy Veins during 40 sec, do you do something different ?
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2011-09-05 at 11:58 AM.

Berserking, Icy Veins and Blood lust should always go separately. Coupling IV+Bers is wrong too.

Deleted
    Then you delay Cold Snap by 40sec ?