Deleted

PvP Spell pen and hit cap

I searched the forum, google, arenajunkies etc etc but I never got a clear, simple answer;

What is the spell pen "cap" for pvp?

What is the spell hit cap for pvp?

Thanks.

Spell Pen cap is just as much as its possible for the enemy to require in resistance buffs, so around 200
    Spell hit cap is just until it says that you hit chance against a level 85 target is 0.00%, this is about 4%

i have over 5% spell hit and miss a lot, especially on mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    i have over 5% spell hit and miss a lot, especially on mages.
    read the post above yours. you need some spell penetration. were talking pvp, not pve bud.

You need 5% hit to hit a target at level 85 which is somewhere around 400 hit. In order to avoid being resisted (kinda like miss but says 'resisted'), you need 1 point of spell pen per resistance that person you are trying to hit has. A general rule of thumb most people go by is to get enough spell pen to out do a druid's mark of the wild because with the exception of mages, unless they are gearing for magic resist, a druid buff is the most resistance one will have in pvp. In other words 90ish (i forget the exact amount) spell pen.

10+ Year Old Account
    5% Spell Hit

195 Spell Penetration, there is a cloak with 176 I think on it + the 70 Enchant puts you way above the soft cap.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltonsquad View Post
    5% Spell Hit

195 Spell Penetration, there is a cloak with 176 I think on it + the 70 Enchant puts you way above the soft cap.
    Or just buy the Conq point cloak/neck which has 201 spell pen on it and never look back.
    BfA Beta Time

You can also go get 4x Stormy Ocean Sapphire (50 pene each)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duticyaa View Post
    You can also go get 4x Stormy Ocean Sapphire (50 pene each)
    That's a bad idea since Int is still better than pure spell pen, so you're losing out on probably survival stats (int/stam gems) and DPS stats (int/hit gems). With a spell pen cloak, you don't give up as much as you do in your scenario.
    BfA Beta Time