For People Complaining about Dugeons

Let's get a few things straight.

1) You have not been, nor ever will be, instantly kicked as soon as you join a dungeon. There is not only a time limit to when a group can start kicking people, there's also a limit to how many times they can kick. Stop lying.

2) If you, as a dps, don't like waiting 30+ minutes in queue, either make your own group on your server, or start playing a role that doesn't make up 3/5's of the group.

3) If you don't like carrying people in subpar gear, again, make your own group.

4) If you think heroics are too hard, then you probably shouldn't be doing heroics yet. Go do some normal level 85 dungeons and replace all of the weak leveling/quest gear you're still wearing. Learn how progression works. Stop trying to leapfrog content.

Now that's clarified, maybe the forums will stop being flooded with tears and start flowing with awesome discussions.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

no i want my raid and heroic gear now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Now that's clarified, maybe the forums will stop being flooded with tears and start flowing with awesome discussions.
    You're asking a lot there, bro.

Never happen. I see people whine it's too hard, whine it's too easy, whine because they find something to whine about. There will always be whiners.

I like the new BC-ish leveling system they got going for dungeons and raids. It's nice that it makes people actually learn mechanics before they run in wildly wiping heroics and pissing people off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want my dungeon now now now now!

It's great that heroics have already started weeding out bad players.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) You have not been, nor ever will be, instantly kicked as soon as you join a dungeon. There is not only a time limit to when a group can start kicking people, there's also a limit to how many times they can kick. Stop lying.
    Just for the record, this is only true if you tend to kick people frequently. The limits were lifted for people who use the vote-kick infrequently.

As someone who only initiates or votes to kick people in the rarest of circumstances, I can kick people instantly at the start of dungeons (and have) and I have yet to find a limit to how many people I can kick per dungeon (my record is four in one dungeon, due to disconnects).

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Just for the record, this is only true if you tend to kick people frequently. The limits were lifted for people who use the vote-kick infrequently.

As someone who only initiates or votes to kick people in the rarest of circumstances, I can kick people instantly at the start of dungeons (and have) and I have yet to find a limit to how many people I can kick per dungeon (my record is four in one dungeon, due to disconnects).
    Disconnects obviously don't count.
    Priest Warrior

2) If you, as a dps, don't like waiting 30+ minutes in queue, either make your own group on your server, or start playing a role that doesn't make up 3/5's of the group.
    Ok, well next time I am on my main, which is a mage, I will be sure to tick the tank and healer button just for you!
    And if I could even check those buttons, I would redirect the other 4 pissed off players that a mage intends to somehow soak the bosses damage or heal with bandages to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disconnects obviously don't count.
    Don't count for what? They absolutely do "count" as far as the votekick tool is concerned. I have been in several circumstances where other party members were unable to remove offline people because someone had already been kicked but I was able to. I have also kicked people early in the instance (not instantly at zone-in but one or two pulls in, <5 minutes) who were not offline. I only mentioned the disconnects preemptively to explain why I actually kicked four people in a single dungeon in the same post where I profess to remove people only very rarely.

I can dig up the Blue post stating that the people who use the votekick only rarely have had their restrictions lifted if you'd like.

So, I reiterate: the people who say they have been kicked instantly upon zoning in are not necessarily lying. It is possible to do this. Although it does seem like the habit of someone who is prone to kicking and would, therefore, still have those restrictions in place.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Zuvassinhellfire View Post
    Ok, well next time I am on my main, which is a mage, I will be sure to tick the tank and healer button just for you!
    And if I could even check those buttons, I would redirect the other 4 pissed off players that a mage intends to somehow soak the bosses damage or heal with bandages to you.
    You've seem to have not read the entire sentence. I'll bold the part you missed.

Priest Warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly thought this was going to be a huge picture saying "STFU NOOBS!" or something along that line.

You've seem to have not read the entire sentence. I'll bold the part you missed.

Well you also seem to have missed the part where I said I actually pug randoms.

Well you also seem to have missed the part where I said I actually pug randoms.
    Then don't complain about it. You're aware of the outcome of your actions and thereby void your grounds for a complaint.

Edit: And if you want argue semantics, you actually didn't say you pug randoms, you merely insinuated it.
    Last edited by BobAwesome; 2010-12-17 at 12:49 AM.
    Priest Warrior

Then don't complain about it. You're aware of the outcome of your actions and thereby void your grounds for a complaint.

Edit: And if you want argue semantics, you actually didn't say you pug randoms, you merely insinuated it.
    Then don't complain about people complaining.
    That will always happen.

Then don't complain about people complaining.
    That will always happen.
    I'd make an attempt to reply but you're just too dense. So instead you'll get some gibberish.

"Ping pong wing wong king kong cheech and chong hop hip kajagoogoo!"
    Priest Warrior

Let's get a few things straight.

3) If you don't like carrying people in subpar gear, again, make your own group.

4) If you think heroics are too hard, then you probably shouldn't be doing heroics yet. Go do some normal level 85 dungeons and replace all of the weak leveling/quest gear you're still wearing. Learn how progression works. Stop trying to leapfrog content.

Add number 5:

Shut the fuck up telling everyone on the forums that you think they're too hard, it makes all the good players realise that you must be bad to find heroics THAT hard, and you'll continue to get instakicked when someone recognises you.

Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots View Post
    Add number 5:

Shut the fuck up telling everyone on the forums that you think they're too hard, it makes all the good players realise that you must be bad to find heroics THAT hard, and you'll continue to get instakicked when someone recognises you.
    Now now, remember who we're dealing with. You have to make it as simple as possible.
    Priest Warrior

Just to prove a point people can/will complain about anything, dungeons are too easy when you overgear them (a shocker, I know).