Thread: First boss HoO?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

First boss HoO?

Well, I am a healer and have a little tale and a question about this boss;

I joined a queue and got in pretty quickly, I knew it was going to be one of 'those' groups when I saw they were all in a guild from outland called 'Paralysis' (Learnt that full guild groups who queue without a healer tend to be very VERY arrogant and prejudice against the final 5th non guild member of the dungeon)

We cleared the trash, got to the first boss, all was going well until we jumped down during the first bubble......but the tank stayed up top with the boss :S I've always done it where EVERYONE jumps down, the tank picks up the adds and you pull the leavers, get back up....continue.....

I had to heal everyone who jumped down, including myself with expensive AOE heals (Priest) because of those annoying snaked, and then had to rush back up top to heal the tank because the bosses bubble had come off. We wiped.

I asked politely 'hey paly, how come you didn't jump down? it's a lot easier healing one person than 4 for my mana is all' and was greeted with a torrent of abuse 'mate, you're shockingly shit at healing!' and a boot from the group...

So, A) I hope these aren't the usual people in this guild, if so...Paralysis from outlands.........steer clear (EU) and B) How do YOU do this boss on heroic? I had an amazing group earlier today, paladin tank again, and we all jumped down, he picked up the adds and all I had to do was pop a renew/POM on him and the odd Holy word, then we all ran back up to the top and my mana was pretty much full, but this groups tactic of ALL jump down and get the healer to AOE heal 4 people seemed a little.....off. maybe I'm wrong and their way is better, asking for some advice =D

Cheers

our initial experiments involved having two people dump off, kite the snakes up to the platform, and the other two jump off and hit the levers while the others were running back.

It worked, after about 5 wipes.

The next time we went in, I said 'F this, we're all going down, I'll pick up all the snakes and run them back up myself (paladin tank), once the levers are done just aoe the crap down and then continue as normal'.

Worked fine

15+ Year Old Account
    Did it for the first time this morning, mage and druid (heals) stayed up top, myself (tank) and the other two dps went down. I tanked the snakes, mage blizzarded on top of them from above, druid healed from above. Worked fine.

Deleted
    easiest way is with a priest and a mage. have the tank jump right and tank the snakes while someone pulls that lever, and have the mage solo the left. it's easy if they cast frost nova and then use pet freeze before that runs out. if the priest stays up top they can then life grip the tank back up to the boss so they can interrupt the timed AoE and continue with the zerg.

pretty easy boss to be honest, made a lot easier if an interrupter stays up top for when both levers have been pulled; this stops the timed AoE that can get a crap load of stacks, causing everyone to lose a lot of hp.

10+ Year Old Account
    We did it like this: healer waits on top; one person jumps down, aggroes snakes near the lever, rushes back, another jumps after him, activates lever. Another two people do this on the other side at the same time. One of the snake distractors is the tank. By the time both lever casting times are over, snake distractors are on the top, tank took the snakes and is ready to interrupt the Hymn. Lever pushers survive 10 seconds of Hymn without healing.

Well, with our group we have a Disc priest, Mage, me (Rogue), Paladin (Tank), and a Ret Paladin.

When it comes down to the phase where you jump down I build up 5 combo points on the boss to get a recoup going and jump down to the right side with our Paladin tank whom gathers the snakes and keeps himself healed while I get the lever. The Ret Paladin jumps down to the left side and gathers the snakes while the Mage gets the lever and gets healed by the Disc Priest.

We find it is very easy to have the two on the right (me and the tank) to keep ourselves healed so the healer can focus on the Ret Paladin who would otherwise not want to be hit.

Another tip is get out of there asap and interrupt the Hymn of Hope the boss is casting it creates a DoT that can get very very painful in a short amount of time.

I find that Its eisier to jump down to right have whole group pull one then the tank goes off 2 interupt healer goes halfway up staircase while the dps quickly get the other its overall really fast and effective

Deleted
    The groups I am in always all jump down, sent two DPS down on normal mode but not heroic. Unless you are trying for the achievement you don't gain anything at all by leaving people up the top, I always interupt the cast in time when running back up.

You always get arseholes in PuGs and I resolved to try and avoid them this expansion(I am a Paladin tank) Sometimes I pug a couple of members but you would expect them to discuss tactics, especially if they aren't using the normal one.

I was tanking it the other day, and I personally jump down to aggro snakes and healer stayed up. My healer was a priest and when I got aggro he Lifegripped me up to him. Everyone gathered where the boss starts and I was on the bridge so snakes would have to pass me if someone else did aggro them. Overall pretty easy as long as people stay out of lazorz.

You're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    as an enh shaman with inta ghost wolf : i morph, jump down, run up and the snakes dont really have time to hit me. I had a hunter staying up and aoe the snakes who were chasing me.

Warlock can port back up, mages can freeze/blink. It's kinda easy to avoid the snakes. have a range dps them from above, and other to run down.

Care to tell me the right way then? (Amghealme)

Also, does life grip work when you're on two different levels, because I've tried using it and it usually fails.
    Last edited by Thorim; 2010-12-17 at 01:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ..not read all the replies, so this may have been covered, but..

when my guild runs it we always leave 1 dude up top to interrupt soon as the shield is down and have 2 jump off either side, on one side the tank + 1 dps and on the other the healer + 1 dps.

the 2 dps just instantly start pulling the levers while the healer (me) just throws some heals on myself to 'attract' the snakes on my side till the tank (who jumped on the other side) gets around to gather them all up and then we all just run back up to the boss and the random aoe just kills the snakes as the boss goes down anyway..

rinse + repeat and he's down after doing it twice anyway
    Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Just wait for Tirion Fordring to come back from ICC singing "I got 99 problems but a Lich ain't one".
    Armoury

My group does it by having the tank an the three DPS jump down two to a side, 2 DPS pick up snakes, other two turn levers, meet up at the bridge, rinse wash repeat, honestly it is a tad sloppy at times so I should try having everyone jump down.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

Quote Originally Posted by monkfish View Post
    ..not read all the replies, so this may have been covered, but..

when my guild runs it we always leave 1 dude up top to interrupt soon as the shield is down and have 2 jump off either side, on one side the tank + 1 dps and on the other the healer + 1 dps.

the 2 dps just instantly start pulling the levers while the healer (me) just throws some heals on myself to 'attract' the snakes on my side till the tank (who jumped on the other side) gets around to gather them all up and then we all just run back up to the boss and the random aoe just kills the snakes as the boss goes down anyway..

rinse + repeat and he's down after doing it twice anyway
    thats exactly how i've been doing it. makes the fight incredibly easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Amghealme View Post
    You're doing it wrong.
    Nice of you to tell him where he's going wrong and explain how you do it so perfectly..

OT: Heroic mode everyone should jump down the same side, tank pick up the snakes and a dps get the levers and run back up, interrupt asap.
    Normal mode, just get 2 dps(pref with an AoE) to jump down, one each side while everyone else stays up at the top.

Always send 2 dps down. If ones a warlock he can teleport back up. I then tank the boss on the bridge so the healer can heal the dps faster when they return. Easy and fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't interrupt his Hymn of ~1000 AoE damage or whatever, you'll never have to take another hit from him again. Something I noticed a few days ago.

That's sort of off topic. When I tank it, I stick on the boss until the 2 DPS have flipped the switches. They use some CC-like ability to slow/stop/confuse the snakes, and then they run to me and the Healer. Once the snakes get up to the Boss, I try to tank them as they get AE'd down. Then, with the boss still casting his wimpy AoE, we DPS and kill him.

Also...shouldn't the AoE do a lot more damage? We should have an incentive to interrupt it. Having him toss 1K every second to everyone is NOT a big deal at all, and makes the last half of the fight mediocre.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post
    If you don't interrupt his Hymn of ~1000 AoE damage or whatever, you'll never have to take another hit from him again. Something I noticed a few days ago.

That's sort of off topic. When I tank it, I stick on the boss until the 2 DPS have flipped the switches. They use some CC-like ability to slow/stop/confuse the snakes, and then they run to me and the Healer. Once the snakes get up to the Boss, I try to tank them as they get AE'd down. Then, with the boss still casting his wimpy AoE, we DPS and kill him.

Also...shouldn't the AoE do a lot more damage? We should have an incentive to interrupt it. Having him toss 1K every second to everyone is NOT a big deal at all, and makes the last half of the fight mediocre.
    Are you on about normal or HC? because on HC it does hit for a lot. if you don't interrupt is asap you will find it stacks to about 8k+ per second, I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    Are you on about normal or HC?
    Probably Regular, now that I think about it. It's been 3-4 days since I logged in, or really did anything wow-related.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥