Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Over-Gearing heroics in a week or less? Sigh.

This game has been out for 9 days. It took me 3 days to get to 85 due to finals. After 6 days currently I am in all 346 gear with the exception of a 316 relic and 359 boots, and the people I play with are in similar gear. Recently we have begun ignoring boss mechanics and opting to aoe trash down like it was wrath all over again because heroics, while slightly challenging at an average item level of 327, are now complete jokes at 346.

I look on these forums and the official ones and either see people complaining the heroics are too hard, or that they're challenging and they want them to stay that way, but neither case is true. The only reason heroics were even sightly challenging at 327 gear level was because of mana issues, be it the healer running oom or the caster dps running oom and causing a fight to take too long. After around ilvl 337 mana pools were large enough and regen from spirit was high enough that the issue of running oom hasn't happened at all in the past few days.

I was enjoying cata for the first week, but I find myself getting bored again. I have 10 achievements left to finish for my volcanic drake and don't know what else to do after I get that while I wait for the rest of my guild to gear up for raids. Disappointing expectations of difficulty are disappointing. =/
    Last edited by SkaCore; 2010-12-17 at 07:15 AM.

The heroics are ALOT harder than WOTLK and you have just burned through the content too fast. Blizzard do the best they can and its a comprimise between access to stuff for people who play a little and people who play alot. There is enough content to gear you for raids and then you can go raid to your hearts content. Its not blizzards fault you geared up faster than the rest of your guild. Also I assume you are guild grouping so why not just start 10 man raiding I am sure you have 5 other geared players in your guild.

I'm sorry? What did you expect? Do raiding now... Do raiding on hard modes... Heroics are right where they're suppose to be. It was actually like this for BC assuming you ran with a prot pally... I remember running h shattered halls on my prot pally and did the whole run in like 25 minutes with a group of all BT/MH geared people. And it was like this for wrath as well (though most people don't remember heroics being hard in wrath... they were the first week or so, they really were). Give the general population a month or two and a lot more people will start saying how easy heroics are.

They are still by far more involving than Wrath heroics. There are some mechanics that cant be ignored. Shatter on ozruk for example.
    Also, dont forget that you know the tactics in and out probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you and your group are in full heroic gear, then I am assuming you guys did a lot of heroic dungeons together which means that you all know what to do and your healer really understands healing in cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how do you propose that Heroics are challenging at ilvl 329, but still challenging at 346? If heroics were still to be challenging at ilvl 346 would they even be doable at 329? I'm just curious as to how you think the problem should be handled. Inevitably, heroics will get easier with better gear.

Deleted
    Oh wow, look, nefarian is down, raids are too easy, Bli$$ard has failed z0mgwtf1mb4bbq!!!!1111

No, seriously, your gear is raid-ready and you start to outgear the content. What's your point?

The game doesn't end once you hit 85 and see purples in all slots...

Level an alt from one to sixty and see all the rest of the work blizz put into the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by choji7 View Post
    I'm sorry? What did you expect? Do raiding now... Do raiding on hard modes... Heroics are right where they're suppose to be. It was actually like this for BC assuming you ran with a prot pally... I remember running h shattered halls on my prot pally and did the whole run in like 25 minutes with a group of all BT/MH geared people. And it was like this for wrath as well (though most people don't remember heroics being hard in wrath... they were the first week or so, they really were). Give the general population a month or two and a lot more people will start saying how easy heroics are.
    Yeah, you blazed through heroics when you were in T6 raid gear. Not when you in in blues from said heroics. Heroics should still be a matter of skill even if they are "outgeared". Completely ignoring certain boss mechanics 6 days after they used to matter is absurd.

Although I agree the heroics are so much easier in 346 gear, what did you expect? Heroics are meant to be the gateway to raiding, once you pass the gateway, you should be moving onto the raids, not continuing to do heroics for gear you dont need. I must say however that the heroics were tuned perfectly for 327-333 ilvl, and the raids are tuned perfectly for 346-359 ilvl, I love it.

Also, to be honest, the general population (contrary to popular belief) is better at the game now than "BC", which is why they dont need T6 to blaze through heroics, if you compare abilities in BC heroics and Cata heroics you will see that aside from healer mana being slightly lower in Cata, the abilities do roughly the same damage (precentage wise) all and all, 6 years of experience > 2.5 years.
    Last edited by Slowz; 2010-12-17 at 08:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was one of the people who thought heroics might be a bit too hard during the first couple days after just hitting 85, now that I have several epics (350ilvl) and all heroic gear otherwise, they are a cakewalk. People get in such a hurry to rush through content they often don't stop to think that maybe they should have done a few 85 regular dungeons before jumping straight to the heroics. What are you gonna do tho : /

Quote Originally Posted by SkaCore View Post
    I was enjoying cata for the first week, but I find myself getting bored again. I have 10 achievements left to finish for my volcanic drake and don't know what else to do after I get that while I wait for the rest of my guild to gear up for raids. Disappointing expectations of difficulty are disappointing. =/
    This is a problem with your guild, not with the Cataclysm expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    If you don't raid, it pretty much does.

Which does point out one "tiny" problem that seems to elude Blizzard, between the "casuals" and raiders there's a largei player base that farms gear, do their dungeons and most of the content and then goes "What now?"

So, what now?
    1. That is not 'most of the content' when we're talking about level 85.

2. Raid, or go and do something else. Seriously, if you've done everything you want to do/are capable of doing but there is still more stuff beyond that other people are getting busy with then go and do something else until the content patch is over.
    Last edited by Rugz; 2010-12-17 at 09:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponXAnimosity View Post
    The game doesn't end once you hit 85 and see purples in all slots...

Which does point out one "tiny" problem that seems to elude Blizzard, between the "casuals" and raiders there's a largei player base that farms gear, do their dungeons and most of the content and then goes "What now?"

So, what now?

They are really easy now with 346 gear as a healer, I can do most heroics without CC now especially with good dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    You realize the point of heroics are to gear you up for Raids? When you're in 346 gear they've done their job and your ready to move to the next level. Of course the previous level is going to be easier. Except for a few abnormalities in BC (Shadow Labs, Shattered Halls...) that's what BC heroics did as well.

Go raid. I promise you won't be dissapointed with the difficulty. The trash right before Ascendant Council? LoL have fun with that your first time.

Don't worry, I figure we still got another couple weeks of people saying "Oh blizzard I love the difficulty!" before they start screaming for them to get buffed because, short of a few mechanics, they really aren't that much harder.

Deleted
    Here's a revelation; not everyone likes raiding. Amazing, 'innit?

I wonder why all raiders get massively butt hurt whenever someone brings up the "what about the rest of the content?" which usually gets the "LOL GO RAID NOOB" reply.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post

So, what now?
    PvP, RP, Achievements, and Vanity Items all say hi!

Not to mention alts. Or just chillin' with the homies.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.