Thread: Good pugs exist

Good pugs exist

I'm serious.

A while back I posted/vented about a poor group that kicked me. Just as I posted when I was angry, I think it's only fair to post when I am happy with a group.

4 pugger's all from different servers, running H Vortex Pinnacle. It has been a good 3-4 years since I had a dungeon experience like this."You haven't been here? it's ok ill help." "Haha, my mistake let's not do that again." "Let's work together to take down this boss."

0 drama. no rage. no party kicks. all teamwork. it was amazing and it gave me hope for this expansion/game.

Post your story about a good/great pug. They do exist, and when you're in one it's awesome (how the game is supposed to be played imo.)

Deleted
    random dungeon; throne of the tides hc. done it before; tank and healer never went inside on either mode; but we did the entire instance with a few wipes; one-shotting the giant squid, the shaman and the faceless guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    In WotLK, I got into a random heroic with four IRL friends from another server. We kept queing and I asked why they weren't talking much and they said they were on Skype and told me I should get on since we're randoming together. I downloaded Skype on my iPhone and joined them, they were American and I am Australian so it made for interesting conversation (we were all around 6k+ gs so heroics were even more faceroll than usual). When we stopped doing randoms together, I looked at my Skype and the 'call' had gone for 7 hours. It mad me sad to think I would never get into a random with them again. But it was still great fun, and they were the best temporary friends I have ever had! ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    Lost City of Tol'vir Heroic, don't think anyone of us had done it all on heroic, so we just went with it and see what happened. We had a few wipes, but generally the group just flowed so well together. CC went fast and great, everyone focused and avoided whatever scary crap popped up at bosses, DPS was good, everything was just perfect and we barely had to say anything to eachother when it came to tactics, everyone just *knew* what to do. Pure skill. Probably one of the best PUG's I've ever had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

Joined a pug, tank and dps were from the same guild, other two were just randoms. I swear I grouped with the A-Team. We cleared Heroic Stonecore with so much ease, people CCing like pros, dodging crap on the ground great, we wiped a couple times on the first, third, and last boss, but we learned, adapted, and nobody complained, only helped.

I only wish I could group with those guys again, they were amazing.

Thats like 70% of my PuGs. =P I'm pretty sure it has to do with having a talkative person in the PuG. Those people make sure every one's prepared and they remind every one why they're doing the dungeon in the first place....to have fun.

Oh yeah and funny thing....

When I glanced at this I thought it said "God pug Exists!" Or in other words...the God of the Pugs (the dog species) exists!
    Last edited by Bombkirby; 2010-12-17 at 05:51 AM.

Deleted
    depends of your group, if you end with a group without strong cc you'll cry some tears.

they algorythm is pretty good, i almost have a mage in all pug i do, but i noticed that sometimes it fails if 3-4 persons in a party queue for a random and their starting group is horrible (i had a wartank + wardps + dk+ moonkin yesterday)

I was only in 2 pugs. In both tanks didn't wait even for CC as they thought (prolly from wotlk) it's not needed. We wiped 2-3 times on first trash. We were trying to tell Tank 'how to tank here'. He didn't listen as he knew 'better' because HE WAS A TANK. So, those two pugs were pretty bad. But it's ok since 99% of HC Dungeon we're doing within the guild

Deleted
    All my pugs are nice, because I treat people kindly and help whoever needs help.

People over do CC. My pugs/semi pugs go flawlessly with only 1 CC.

People that cry about "if you dont have a cc ur fucked" are annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by EverythingWillBeOk View Post
    I'm serious.

A while back I posted/vented about a poor group that kicked me. Just as I posted when I was angry, I think it's only fair to post when I am happy with a group.

4 pugger's all from different servers, running H Vortex Pinnacle. It has been a good 3-4 years since I had a dungeon experience like this."You haven't been here? it's ok ill help." "Haha, my mistake let's not do that again." "Let's work together to take down this boss."

0 drama. no rage. no party kicks. all teamwork. it was amazing and it gave me hope for this expansion/game.

Post your story about a good/great pug. They do exist, and when you're in one it's awesome (how the game is supposed to be played imo.)
    I had this same experience yesterday in H Vortex Pinnacle. I thought it would be pain in the ass to go trough it just like the normal mode was.
    Afaik, only the RDruid has been there before, but he knew the tacts and was good at explaining them so we got trough the instance with 0 wipes. Prot Pala / RDruid / Warlock / Rogue / Shaman. I loved how we could CC and how everyone knew that CC helps. ;3
    Hi

Deleted
    Took my first heroics on my Resto druid and came into BRC with 4 people all from same realm and guild.
    warrior tank, priest dps, shaman dps and a rogue dps that all knew there place and did what they bloody were supposed to do..
    we had 1 wipe on first boss because of a dps that stood to long in the beam and got transformed ( that can happen for everyone )
    2 or 3 on second boss ( no one of us had done this on heroic before.. atleast the tank hadn't ) and no one QQ'd or whined or anything.. everyone was all like " lets see what we can do different " so we took the rest without trouble at all..
    Last edited by mmoc64c868c44f; 2010-12-17 at 11:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what I got when I joined for the first heroics in Cataclysm. Patience, maturity, will to succeed and zero drama.

If only everything went just as smooth 'till now...

I find that being very patient and understanding yourself does wonders for PUGs. I play tank, and "we" as a species tend to be arrogant and obnoxious, so people are generally surprised when you're actually nice and helpful. I've already "turned" a couple of very cranky players by just staying positive and helping where help is due.