Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I am in a guild, I loathe running without a guild, but I have enough empathy to understand the issues related to people who don't have a) the time, b) the preference or commitment to the game to run with a guild. Yes, the easy answer is 'run with a guild' and Blizz has done everything it can to make that appealing, but the truth is there are still going to be some people that are either, guilded and can't run with guildies for whatever internal reason, and people who don't want to be guilded. There are still human flaws affecting these mechanics rather than the game manipulating everything.
    Orbs being not-soulbound, or at least affected by the tradebility window, would solve a lot of issues with regards the ease of obtaining them. But that's not really the point now, is it? Epics are going to feel epic, it's going to be quite a while before everyone not in a hardcore raiding guild is kitted out in purples. Some may never get there. But that was the design, and it's what everyone moaned about to bring back. Epics won't be easy to get, and that will be the same issue with craftable epics. Epic loot for epic playing, or epic time and epic luck.

That said, Blizz, try as they might, can't fix people being selfish assholes and needing every item they see.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    Not everyone has a guild. Not everyone has a guild that can run heroics. Not everyone cares to be in a guild.
    And so, not everyone can get epics as easily. I doubt those people are going to be getting Cho Gall loot either...Doesn't mean anythings broken.

Deleted
    it's annoying to loose the orbs but meh.

I needed and won a chaos orb yesterday in a random, the other 4 guys were from a guild on a different server. They told me to link my profs, I did, 395 tailoring and 7 mining. They asked me why I needed it, and I told them I'm saving it for when they're tradeable to sell it. They raged and raged, then begged, then tried buying it from me. I could definitely use the 15k they offered, but can't trade gold through servers.
    So I lold and left the dungeon.
    Coolface.jpg

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a list of professions that anyone knows of that requires the orbs. Since i swear some ppl i know shouldn't have any use for there profession but rolled need anyway? Just would like to know type question...

---------- Post added 2010-12-17 at 01:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ithrowmagicz View Post
    I needed and won a chaos orb yesterday in a random, the other 4 guys were from a guild on a different server. They told me to link my profs, I did, 395 tailoring and 7 mining. They asked me why I needed it, and I told them I'm saving it for when they're tradeable to sell it. They raged and raged, then begged, then tried buying it from me. I could definitely use the 15k they offered, but can't trade gold through servers.
    So I lold and left the dungeon.
    Coolface.jpg
    And yes its ppl like you that make this game so fun to play sometimes newb. Like come on who is lvl 85 and has lvl 7 in one profession and 395 in the other lol delete your account!

Pretty much every gear crafting profession, and I think inscription needs them for their offhands. Could be wrong though. I don't think chanting needs them.

---------- Post added 2010-12-17 at 09:09 PM ----------

Oh no I didn't level my professions I'm SUCH a bad player you're right I'm deleting my account right now, how could I NOT level professions!?!?!?

this, along with guild leveling promotes the whole group feel, run with your guild to get them. it is an MMO anyway

Hopefully Chaos Orbs being BoP means that crafting professions are somewhat profitable, as opposed to getting a 10g tip for making 6000g items.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithrowmagicz View Post
    Pretty much every gear crafting profession, and I think inscription needs them for their offhands. Could be wrong though. I don't think chanting needs them.

---------- Post added 2010-12-17 at 09:09 PM ----------

Oh no I didn't level my professions I'm SUCH a bad player you're right I'm deleting my account right now, how could I NOT level professions!?!?!?
    But yea i lol'd on the ninja but that is a bit harsh since i am going for them but yea i would rather run with the guild and not run into ppl like you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggowaffles View Post
    I have obtained 6 Orbs no problem, everyone passed. Did I mention they were guild runs? That is the only solution to this, as is it the answer to any ninja loot problems. Roll with a guild and forget the troubles.
    same with me i got 7 in total and guildies havent got the skill high enough to use so they gave to me

You can have your orbs back when you hand over my enchanting mats. :P

At least you can MAKE epics. We engineers use Truegold and Chaos orbs to make BLUES. Be grateful.
    OH FOR GODS SAKE I HAVE NO IMAGINATION.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you know they don't need it themselves? OP: You aren't the only one with a crafting profession y'know.

They are Bind on Pickup because epic gear takes effort to make now. It is not a slot machine where you drop in Materials and Gold and crank out an epic item. It also means that people with absolutely no use for them will hiopefully be less likely to roll on them.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    I broke into Blizzard HQ yesterday and found this:

4.0.4b Patch Notes:
    - Chaos Orbs are now BoE.
    fixed it should go off soon :P

i think they should make it the orb of Sodom lul , its insane how people fight for all these things ... i actually didnt kno they were bop at the beginning i feel bad now i needed some .. luckily i didnt win :P

The reason the Chaos Orbs are BoP are to create an economy for the items that get crafted by the orbs not just the orbs themselves.

Crafters have to either advertise their ability to make an item or they need to make an item and sell it on the AH. It's giving power and leverage to crafters rather than PuGers who can farm orbs all day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minehoe View Post
    Is there a list of professions that anyone knows of that requires the orbs. Since i swear some ppl i know shouldn't have any use for there profession but rolled need anyway? Just would like to know type question...

---------- Post added 2010-12-17 at 01:08 PM ----------

And yes its ppl like you that make this game so fun to play sometimes newb. Like come on who is lvl 85 and has lvl 7 in one profession and 395 in the other lol delete your account!

* Leatherworking * Tailoring * Blacksmithing * Engineering *

If you're anything else and have no plans to switch you shouldn't be needing on Chaos orbs. That means Inscription, Alchemy and all secondary professions need not roll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snodeath View Post
    Chain run heroics with guildies FTW!!! I know in my group the tailor gets them all. I don't mind at all.
    In my guild runs everyone needs them since everyone has a crafting profession. Why would anyone pass to a guildie so he/she can make money for themselves and you can not? In raids it's understandable that a guild crafter gets them but not in 5mans. Also then the crafter will have to keep them and make stuff for guild members only and can't just go sell them or make stuff for himself without permission.

Silly blizzard for doing things that will obviously be changed in the future.