Thread: Regen trinkets

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I am currently using Figurine - Dream Owl :http://www.wowhead.com/item=52354 and Tear of Blood (Normal o_O).

I am currently farming Tyrande's Doll and will likely buy the Valor trinket next week. Unless someone knows a good reason to spend my Valor points on something else?

I'll wait for my Gloves/Legs from T'B and I have http://www.wowhead.com/item=59482 atm, so no rush to get the T11 Chest.

edit: http://www.wowhead.com/item=52354 lol!
    Last edited by Ultima; 2010-12-18 at 07:08 AM.

Just lost Tear of Blood Heroic to a Shadow Priest,

Sigh=/

Blizzard really needs to do something about DPS being able to roll on Healing Trinkets,

I'm just gonna start master looting that boss....
    Last edited by muto; 2010-12-18 at 06:19 AM.

I lovelovelove Tear of Blood and have debated on what I'd like as my second trinket. I am now exalted with Hellscream's Reach, but that trinket is pretty craptacular IMO. I am using the Alchemist stone as my second trinket right now - thoughts on that? I use a potion every raid boss encounter, so I feel I at least get some use out of that. I wonder if the Dream Owl would be better. Thanks for the reminder about that trinket Ultima (even though you linked some white wand and I was really confused :P), it's been sitting in my bag a while.
    Last edited by ainra; 2010-12-18 at 06:25 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kek. That's rather impressive. I think I'll leave it like that.

And yeah, Dream Owl rocks, I can pop it 2-3 times a fight and 1.5x my Spirit.

Are you using Runic Mana Pots or Cata Mana Pots?
    Last edited by Ultima; 2010-12-18 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Kek. That's rather impressive.
    Here was me, seeing "Kel, that's rather impressive."

I was like "Huh buh duh wha?"
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account
    That's rather impressive, Kel.

That's rather impressive, Kel.
    What did I even do?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

By the way, if you have the choice between a spirit proc and spirit on use and given that both average out to the same, the spirit on use is way better. Ligning up the spirit boost with mana-tide gives really impressive returns.

Sure that spirit also stacks with Mana Tide (If you manage to time it), but if you just want to regain mana i suggest that you get 1 spirit (like teh valor trinket) and this http://www.wowhead.com/item=56463 Corrupted Egg Shell.

Kek. That's rather impressive. I think I'll leave it like that.

And yeah, Dream Owl rocks, I can pop it 2-3 times a fight and 1.5x my Spirit.

Are you using Runic Mana Pots or Cata Mana Pots?
    I use either Mysterious Potion or Mythical Mana Potions, so it's a fairly large gain (4k for sure on the regular mana pots). I guess I should just run some numbers or scenarios to see which would be best. I am not a huge mastery fan in the sense that I wouldn't be sad to lose that part of the trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by ainra View Post
    I use either Mysterious Potion or Mythical Mana Potions, so it's a fairly large gain (4k for sure on the regular mana pots). I guess I should just run some numbers or scenarios to see which would be best. I am not a huge mastery fan in the sense that I wouldn't be sad to lose that part of the trinket.
    Off-topic: I've become a major fan of potions of concentration; even during 5 mans, cataclysm damage is very predictable imo so sitting down for a quick 10 seconds is pretty easy and well worth getting 22000 mana. On my server they're crazy expensive for some reason and one person in particular likes to take advantage and put them up for 300g a piece even though the mats are only 2 azshara's veil and a crystal vial.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    It's like the collective psyche of WoW can't get over the sub loss, so when so much as a hotfix is announced, it's due to the sub loss. Tuesday maintenance? Due to the sub loss. Your loot didn't drop? Due to the sub loss. Your girlfriend left you? It's clearly due to the sub loss. Constipated? OBVIOUSLY because of the sub loss.

Yea, I made some Concentration Potions, but haven't used em yet. I don't really need the mana in 5 mans, but I actually think there are down times where they could be usable in a raid. Thanks for the reminder!

Currupted Egg Shell

Damage absorption shield that while active grants you 475 mana per 5, then 5700 mana chunk returned when bubble is popped. I imagine the idea is to shield yourself or someone who is not getting hit any time soon to keep up maximum mana regen.

From the comments:

475mp5 for 6 ticks
    5700mana when the effect cancels
    8550 mana total
    Activate it every 120seconds for 71.25mp/sec or 356.25mp5

Which, at first glance, appears to be the most avg mana per 5 of any of the trinkets on the list, but does not come with any other stats. That's roughly equivalent to ~700 spirit?

EDIT: according to the comments, this trinket is bugged so that the absorb shield will absorb an entire hit even if it's for more than the shield is worth, the user testing it on a 500k hit from a whale shark. I imagine that's not going to be that way forever though. If that's intended, this may be the greatest trinket ever.
    Last edited by Jiraiyah; 2010-12-18 at 08:02 PM.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiyah View Post
    Currupted Egg Shell

Damage absorption shield that while active grants you 475 mana per 5, then 5700 mana chunk returned when bubble is popped. I imagine the idea is to shield yourself or someone who is not getting hit any time soon to keep up maximum mana regen.

From the comments:

475mp5 for 6 ticks
    5700mana when the effect cancels
    8550 mana total
    Activate it every 120seconds for 71.25mp/sec or 356.25mp5

Which, at first glance, appears to be the most avg mana per 5 of any of the trinkets on the list, but does not come with any other stats. That's roughly equivalent to ~700 spirit?

EDIT: according to the comments, this trinket is bugged so that the absorb shield will absorb an entire hit even if it's for more than the shield is worth, the user testing it on a 500k hit from a whale shark. I imagine that's not going to be that way forever though. If that's intended, this may be the greatest trinket ever.
    The thing about that though, is if you're using it for regen as it seems this trinket is designed for, you DON'T want to put it on someone that's going to get hit and expire the shield because that gimps you out of the ticks while the shield is active. It's best cast on yourself or a smart ranged for maximum mana returns.

It is a good trinket though and I hope it drops for me eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    The thing about that though, is if you're using it for regen as it seems this trinket is designed for, you DON'T want to put it on someone that's going to get hit and expire the shield because that gimps you out of the ticks while the shield is active. It's best cast on yourself or a smart ranged for maximum mana returns.

It is a good trinket though and I hope it drops for me eventually.

Simple /use [@player][] 13 added to your macros and you're getting 5700-8550 mana every 120 seconds and one ironclad protection from the next AE. I want one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    What did I even do?
    Someone with Kara Trace as avatar shouldn't do anything special to be impressive .
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ainra View Post
    This is great! Thanks so much for throwing this together. I was debating getting the Mandala because I am almost exalted, but it doesn't really seem worth it.

And a question. I don't have this trinket, but was curious why the Tsunami card says:
    Equip: Your healing spells have a chance to increase your Spirit by 80 for 20 sec. This effect can stack up to 5 times.

It seems like an amazing trinket, but does anyone know how often that 'chance' is?
    I have the tsunami card and it will proc a full stack generally on 1 CoH cast. I also get a 100% uptime unless I just stand and regen and let it fall off. Even though it says chance I am getting the 400 spirit all the time. IMO this is one of the best trinkets in the game for healers at the moment if not BIS. Especially with the buff to spirit to holy priests. I prefer double +int trinkets over the spirit trinks for the added throughput/mana pool fiend scaling.

(see ainar I don't disagree with everything I just like good discussion :-) )

Ooooh, thanks for the feedback on that trinket! Good to know. And I totally never said you like to disagree! We all need our own opinions or we would just be robots

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    Someone with Kara Trace as avatar shouldn't do anything special to be impressive .
    I have never watched BSG : (

I have never watched BSG : (
    Get out.

On topic, very nice info in this thread; I know what trinkets to pick for sure.