Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Would using a Shale Spider's stats buff be considered an exploit?

From 12/16 hotfixes: Bonuses from Embrace of the Shale Spider and Blessing of Forgotten Kings can no longer stack.

I was just wondering since Ensidia used the extra 5% stats to kill a few bosses. You can see the buff quite clearly at the bottom right of the screen in their Al'akir video (yes they also had kings).

The icon can be found on WoWhead under Embrace of the Shale Spider.

The same shale spider ironically named Exploit is present in both of their 10 man heroic kills from yesterday. Not to start a war, but what is this considered?

Deleted
    So some bonuses stacked that shouldn't have, I doubt it is considered exploiting. Its nothing like the scale of a bug causing them to be able to ignore an entire fight mechanic (e.g. val'kyrs).

Blizz clearly know about it, since they've fixed it. If they were going to rescind the achievement / loot, they'd already have done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Abb View Post
    So some bonuses stacked that shouldn't have, I doubt it is considered exploiting. Its nothing like the scale of a bug causing them to be able to ignore an entire fight mechanic (e.g. val'kyrs).
    I don't know. A guild like Insidia understands the new buff stacking mechanics and would know that the two buffs obviously weren't supposed to stack. Not saying they should suspend them like the whole Lich King fiasco, but they obviously knew they were exploiting a bug in the buff stacking system.

Insidia? btw this is not the first time they would have exploited a bug. so i would not be surprised if they got another ban
    "Keelah Se'lai"
    "Tali'Zorah: Just so you know I'm running a fever, I've got a nasty cough, and my sinuses are filled with something I can't even describe. But it was totally worth it! "

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    that's why Calebv Shale Spider is called Exploi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    that's why Calebv Shale Spider is called Exploi
    My god. He's on to something.

Quote Originally Posted by Egga View Post
    Insidia? btw this is not the first time they would have exploited a bug. so i would not be surprised if they got another ban
    Past history of them getting banned doesn't make a lick of difference as to whether or not this particular instance is indeed an exploit. I'm inclined to say it's not. Until blizzard announced it there was no common sense indicator that no, they definitely shouldn't be stacked. Whenever they've been banned, it was because they did something that anyone using basic common sense could look at it and go "yeah that definitely was not an intended mechanic.

must be a coincidence it always seem to be certain top guild getting world first using "clever usage of game mechanics"

*cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Revengencer View Post
    Past history of them getting banned doesn't make a lick of difference as to whether or not this particular instance is indeed an exploit. I'm inclined to say it's not. Until blizzard announced it there was no common sense indicator that no, they definitely shouldn't be stacked. Whenever they've been banned, it was because they did something that anyone using basic common sense could look at it and go "yeah that definitely was not an intended mechanic.
    So you are saying that because they could have not known that this was happening it can't be called an exploit? I could accept that, you wouldn't want to ban people who literally have no idea they are accidentally using an exploit.

Of course, in this case, he named the spider which gives you a buff which could be considered an exploit "Exploit"...so....yeah.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.