Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Conquest points calculator - how much cap you get?

I wonder, how much cap will 1k rating, 1,5k rating or 2k rating give you?
    Are there anywhere you put your rating and see how much cap you get?
    Or does anyone know how to calculate it manually?

Thanks.

Deleted
    BUMP For great justice.

Was just wondering the same thing

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm pretty sure that on the beta, at around 1800 in 2s, it gave me around 2k points

Deleted
    id like more detailed infos plox C:

Deleted
    yea, im really wondering how much my cap will be next week with 1766 rating atm

Bump, we need something to figure this out since the change to the WoW site, there's no dropdown menu to link to an 'arena point calculator' for conquest points like there was before the revamp.

The way it was supposed to work is your cap is based off of your highest rating in the previous week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rtjason View Post
    The way it was supposed to work is your cap is based off of your highest rating in the previous week.
    yes, and we would like a calculator for that

---------- Post added 2010-12-19 at 04:25 AM ----------

was reading arena junkies, and this is nowhere near precise, but people on the beta said it was roughly 1:1 past 1500. so 2k rating roughly got 2k cap points. Doubt its that simple, but if all u want is a ballpark number, that might help

if my personal rating is 1500

the cap for next week is 1500 no?

and if next week i get a rating of 1800

the cap for the week after is 1800 no?

Looking at the prices of gear, and considering you have to buy offset pieces + trinkets etc with conquest not honor. I'd think the 1:1 ratio would be a too low amount of points, even if you're at 3k

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonP View Post
    if my personal rating is 1500

the cap for next week is 1500 no?

and if next week i get a rating of 1800

the cap for the week after is 1800 no?

no.
    im hoping i can get atleast 2k

Deleted
    I doubt it would be 1:1 all the way, if that was the case then how on earth do you hit the 4k cap?

A calculator would be really helpful

Honestly, if you look at the prices of the gear relative to the cap you start at, even at 2200 points a week, it would take ~14 weeks to get geared. That's considering you hit the high cap, if there is one, of 2200 or even 3k. Blizzard wouldn't make use take the entire season for the 2600s to get geared and make it so the 1800s could never get gear. The cap is going to be somewhere very high so we can at least get 2 pieces a week, or every other week. If blizzard is going to fuck over PvPers on gear, they need to die. There are PvErs in mostly epics already and most PvPers can't get epic PvP gear for long amounts of time. So lets hope for high caps.

You guys are aware that by the end of next week people will be 4k rated? Just look at all the nonsense with MMR now
    People with less then 50% win ratio 2700 rated, arena needs a reset immediately and blizzards needs to put their lazy ass to work and fix this. People can just abuse the MMR "Bug?" now and sit out from this week off and probably get gladiator.
    People is 3k+ MMR'ed and lose 1 point in arena

Edit: OT I heard that it would be a 1:1, no source though. So don't take my word for it

Quote Originally Posted by mypally View Post
    yes, and we would like a calculator for that

---------- Post added 2010-12-19 at 04:25 AM ----------

was reading arena junkies, and this is nowhere near precise, but people on the beta said it was roughly 1:1 past 1500. so 2k rating roughly got 2k cap points. Doubt its that simple, but if all u want is a ballpark number, that might help
    Ok heres your calculator.

a 2200 rating gives you a 2200 cap
    a 1132 rating gives you a 1132 cap
    a 745 rating gives you a 745 cap

anything in between you should divide n, with n being your highest rating achieved, by one, and the answer is x, which is equal n/1

x= n/1

i hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by rtjason View Post
    Ok heres your calculator.

a 2200 rating gives you a 2200 cap
    a 1132 rating gives you a 1132 cap
    a 745 rating gives you a 745 cap

anything in between you should divide n, with n being your highest rating achieved, by one, and the answer is x, which is equal n/1

x= n/1

i hope this helps.
    Considering you start with a cap of ~1360, this information is false.

@OP, just play your games and wait until tuesday, a lot of the information will come out then. If it is anything like past seasons, you maintain a constant cap until 1500 rating (which I believe is around a 1360 conquest point cap currently), and you begin to gain points above that. The exact relationship will be modelled on tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kore nametooshort View Post
    I doubt it would be 1:1 all the way, if that was the case then how on earth do you hit the 4k cap?
    Because its the Cap on the amount you can gain in one week, not a total point cap. That's what the 4k Cap is for.
    So say you have a cap of 1k points because of rating.. that means that to reach your point-cap, you can only farm 1000 points a week.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cap = x
    Rating = r

Cap = rating when rating >= 1368
    Gear Score is a good representation of skill, enchants, and gems...NOH! WAI-....

Quote Originally Posted by Fireslave View Post
    Cap = x
    Rating = r

Cap = rating when rating >= 1368
    Wrong.

2014 3v3 Rating first week of season 9 gave me a 2458 CP cap. Someone else do that math.