Thread: Arcane Mages

Arcane Mages

Ok so I'm having SERIOUS issues with Arcane Mages. Mostly based on the fact that Slow makes my cobras like 3s long cast and I go thru all my focus in like 2 shots. It doesn't matter how many Arcane Blasts I FD/Silence or how many shields I dispell if I can't do any dmg. Such a bad class design... Anyway what do you guys do?
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Die, they can't kill you in ghost form.

10+ Year Old Account
    CC them, and run like a little girl. Same applies to shadow priests.

That, or get a pocket healer or two.

Arcane Mages being a problem? Haven't run into that yet. Too squishy and no longevity. I am running rateds though, not random pug BGs, or something. So I run into Fire Mages a lot more often, which are much harder to deal with. Same for Frost. Arcane? Not so much. Use Fervor/Focus Fire if slowed and low on Focus and go at it. Arcane doesn't really have a way to effectively self-peel like Frost so if anything they should be scared of you, not vice versa. If you get into serious trouble a quick BW+spam is often enough to send them running. They lack sufficient burst and CC to deal with you and your pet in my experience. I guess you're mentioning Silence, so you're Marks? That could be the issue right there. I run BM in PVP and in rated BGs I use a Corehound, so while my Cobra is rather long their Arcane Blast is much longer.

Deleted
    Arcane mage just crit me for 39k :P
    They hide in the dark and lookin for victims , I know what they do!!!

At the very least you should be using a cunning pet with roar of recovery, since EVERY point of focus you can get is vital. Other than that I'd say save any big haste cooldowns like rapid fire for when they hit you with the slow debuff to help counteract it (maybe even going so far as getting a trinket with an on use haste proc).
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

lol not bm! bm is for bads... everyone knows this
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy