Question PVP HEALING - Holy or disc

need to know whats the best heal spec, i currently get rocked and cant keep up to damage of more than 1 person. I can tank/kill 1 person usually, but cant survive/heal worth shit with more than 1 dps on me. with every melee getting a lock down on a 10 second cd its kinda redic. so anyways back to the topic, which spec and why?

DPS in comparison to heal seems rather broken atm. Me and a guildie (fury warr) tried a duel last night, he charged me and killed me in 1-2 globals with a 29+19 raging blow followed by a 38k heroic strike, gl healing that.

With that said, if you have a lot of mastery on your pvp gear I would say go disc, specially for Arena.

How ever I will most likely go Holy for rated battlegrounds thanks to Guardian Angel, fast strong heals, Desperate Prayer and the main reason is definitely Chastise it's sooo good when someone charges you or a rogue cheap shot > you trinket > chastise and run

from what ive seen so far this season is that disc still dominates the arena field of pvp but ive been seeing more and more holy priests in bgs. i would still just go with disc because the bigger bubbles can still be more helpful than almost anything holy has. i do also have to agree damage is broken a bit atm. i do just fine in 2s but when i go to 3s if both dps have a chance to unload on someone i can use every cooldown i have and i still cant heal through their damage. but i think that will get fixed as soon as people have more pvp gear

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellgrazr View Post
    need to know whats the best heal spec, i currently get rocked and cant keep up to damage of more than 1 person. I can tank/kill 1 person usually, but cant survive/heal worth shit with more than 1 dps on me. with every melee getting a lock down on a 10 second cd its kinda redic. so anyways back to the topic, which spec and why?
    Why did you exclude Shadow? There are some very inventive specs for pvp healing that you can build as Shadow that provide much better mana regen, decent healing and better CC and offense.

Deleted
    I'm playing Holy atm, shields break in an instant and I just find it useless.
    With holy you get chastise and and Body and Soul which can help creating some distance between DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was trying out Holy Pvp in battlegrounds, but due to not doing rated BG's the healer support in the teams has been lacking .
    Despite it was decent. When I wasn't focused by 2 DPS at the same time I was doing fine, keeping people alive, fearing, Chastising, dropping in some damage, it went quiet alright. My only problem is that Heal is so slow and Flash Heal makes me go oom too fast. I'm thinking of taking 2/3 Darkness to offset this somewhat.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    Disc is still the better ARENA specc. Even tho people can global priests no matter what specc, disc still have the advantage with Pain supression and Barrier, and Focused will also.

What you want now is reforge ur mastery to Haste, just everything haste, crit aswell, reforge crit to haste. Whoever said reforge to mastery doesnt have a clue atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    Why did you exclude Shadow? There are some very inventive specs for pvp healing that you can build as Shadow that provide much better mana regen, decent healing and better CC and offense.
    More control and self survivability for alot less healing? no thanks
    Healers should be far from selfish, no improvement to healing, no reduction on manacost, you lose all the basic healing tools and boost your shadow abilities.
    and how can you say they have better mana regen? Shadowpriests are already known for going oom really fast, not to mention you dont get meditiation, or
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

I can see the shadow spec 'working.'

Pvp fights typically aren't that long and combat drops quickly. That means meditation loses a fair amount of its value since you'll be benefiting from OOC regen. The shadow spec obviously puts out much much lower healing, but the trade offs are: Pain supp^2 + mana back, silence, psychic horror, fade removing crap, paralysis root.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disc for arena at least, don't know about BGs yet though.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    More control and self survivability for alot less healing? no thanks
    Healers should be far from selfish, no improvement to healing, no reduction on manacost, you lose all the basic healing tools and boost your shadow abilities.
    and how can you say they have better mana regen? Shadowpriests are already known for going oom really fast, not to mention you dont get meditiation, or
    You are forgetting that most of the core +healing talents you can get as a shadow priest as well. Not only that but you can afford to use Flash Heal more since you now get more mana regen. Getting 10% of your total mana back for every SW: D is huge. Plus getting 10% of your total mana every time you take a big hit, and the shorter CD on Fiend. Still not enough mana regen for you? Dispersion. It's so funny how OP healing as shadow is, and how there's always someone who blasts it without trying it. Sure, it's not for everyone. It requires some skill. You need to weave some Flays and Death in with heals. You get to pop Fiend a lot more, and it hits much harder. If a rogue or cat comes after you, you should be able to hold your own.

Try it. You will spend a lot less time drinking, and a lot more time healing and killing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    You are forgetting that most of the core +healing talents you can get as a shadow priest as well. Not only that but you can afford to use Flash Heal more since you now get more mana regen. Getting 10% of your total mana back for every SW: D is huge. Plus getting 10% of your total mana every time you take a big hit, and the shorter CD on Fiend. Still not enough mana regen for you? Dispersion. It's so funny how OP healing as shadow is, and how there's always someone who blasts it without trying it. Sure, it's not for everyone. It requires some skill. You need to weave some Flays and Death in with heals. You get to pop Fiend a lot more, and it hits much harder. If a rogue or cat comes after you, you should be able to hold your own.

Try it. You will spend a lot less time drinking, and a lot more time healing and killing.
    True that. There's been a few times where I prevented a wipe on a heroic boss just because I popped out of shadow and healed after the healer died. SW: D and Archangel are so FTW for that.

with 0 dispell protection and average cast times being higher, healing as priest is quite hard atm against a decent team.
    Dk's Necrotic Strike + Warrior's Colossus smash are litterally blowing everything on their path while mages are facerolling either ice lance or spellsteal (that should cost much more mana btw like 25% base mana or give it a 10s cd).
    interrupts are even more deadly than ever.

yeah, just hoping things will get better as we'll stack up to 2k-2k5 resil.