Is there a cap to archaeology fragments?

I've been looking and I cant find out, I was planning on saving all my troll frags for 525 to try and get zinrokh. Anyone know?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

i've heard there is a 499 cap on fragments

I don't know if there is a cap. But right now I have 608 fossile fragments so if there is, it got to be higher then that.

Well, reciving skills from survey goes green after 75 an somewhat 100 stops giving skill.
    And fragments in them selv i dont think have a cap, as one in paragon saved up 2500.

Guy above me confirmed that the cap isnt 499 atleast.

Not exactly an answer but I'll just mention that Zin'Rokh only requires a skill of 450 before you have a chance to see it. So feel free to start solving Troll artifacts at that point.

Keep going and find out? I've hit 300+ so far on Dwarves.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Stop looking for sense in a game that mails you dragons.

Even if there isn't, you probably shoundn't do this. Soon finding fragments won't raise your skill anymore and you will have to solve some artifacts to move on.

Deleted
    Saving artifacts have a good point to it. IF you are after a certain item that is lets say provided by nightelf fragments and requires a skill of 525, you can save on those fragments and skill of the rest. This makes the leveling process a bit slower. In the end when you reach 525 you can use all your fragmens you have saved up and solve more, thus having more chance of getting the item you want.

It basically saves time so you dont have to farm all the fragments again

nope, there is no cap on the number you can carry around and you only need to save them until you hit 450 that is when you can start getting zin'rokh as a project.

note I approve of this method as it helped me get my zin'rokh

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have over 3000 fossil fragments with no end in sight. If there is a cap, it's incredibly high, probably similar to the current gold cap I would think.

15+ Year Old Account
    Moved to Professions.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Moved to Professions.
    since when is Simca moderator?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently at 1016 Fossil fragments and 1744 Night Elf. If there's a cap, I hope it would mean that those sites would stop spawning.

Please Blizzard. /beg ;_;

There is no cap, at least not one that you'll ever reach.

Quote Originally Posted by JeKv View Post
    Not exactly an answer but I'll just mention that Zin'Rokh only requires a skill of 450 before you have a chance to see it. So feel free to start solving Troll artifacts at that point.
    thanks a lot for the info and for letting me know that guy got to 2000. I really appreciate the answer
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)