Deleted

Grim Batol HC - Righeous fury dispell?

The last two days I have done Grim Batol on heroic I seem to have had Righteous Fury cleansed off me somehow between the dragon flying sequence and the first boss.

Has anyone else experienced this? Both times I didn't die or do anything that could possibly cause the buff to be removed(ie. right clicking it) and I only noticed when after wondering why my threat was appalling on the boss I notice Righteous Fury is not active

I personally have not had this problem.

According to Wowhead, the Twilight Shadow Weavers' Felhunter pet has a Devour Magic ability. It does have a messed up tooltip though, the appearance of which seems to imply it doesn't work, but it still may, as Wowhead lists "Dispel (1)" as a spell effect. They are summoned in the area you mention, this may be it.

Twilight Shadow Weaver summons this guy, who has Devour Magic
    Last edited by cybermind; 2010-12-19 at 02:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Meh. To be fair, since it doesn't have an improved version, it really shouldn't be dispellable since it has no benefit to any other spec that can take it (i.e. Mages), and it just means it's something else to keep an eye on.
    Yes I agree, I always double check RF, my seal and blessing are all up before I make a start on the instance. I don't really want to have to use a mod to track righteous fury just on the off chance a mob removes it

It sounds likely this is what is happening though as I haven't come across it previously and have not made any chances to my interface since just after Cata hit.

Yes, the mobs that are linked, do dispell your righteous fury. I always notice b/c I'm an OMEN whore and when I drop below 20k, I'm kinda like WTF?Oh don't have RF up.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They also eat pally buffs, and more annoyingly, my beloved Beacon :/

So yeah, just check after every trash pull that you encounter those dudes on.

Just pay attention or get a mod to track it, Warriors have to sometimes get back into Defensive stance after an MC effect.

If you use power auras, you can set up a power aura to track righteous fury.

I don't have a tank spec atm, but I always liked a giant and annoying power aura, something I'd want to get rid of a quickly as possible :-P

Deleted
    Hmm, in GB hc, I also seem to have issues with my aura being disabled. I think it's due to one of the ascendant spells which stuns you and renders you immune as I remember a similar bug with PP when it was released. That's why Tear Gas only reduces damage by 99% now, not 100%. I think.

Deleted
    Personally i have not seen this problem, but the next time i go into Grim Batol Hc ill check it out...

This has happened to me twice, in the pull or two before the first boss. I also noticed in the hotfix, it states rf is no longer dispellable.

Recent hotfix went in to make righteous fury undispellable.