Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How are you doing in PvP?

I am greatly enjoying the hunter changes, and I am having a lot more fun in PvP now. Aspect of the Fox makes kiting melee classes even easier now, and even some keyboard turning casters that can't keep up. Camouflage has helped me gain the upper hand quite a few times now, and Cobra Shot is great for keeping up Serpent Stings on those rogues that might try to Vanish on me. >=)

Overall, I am really enjoying my Hunter in PvP so far, besides some trouble from a few overpowered classes that are bound to be nerfed. How is everybody else doing, PvP-wise? I've yet to do Arena. How's that going?

I hate it. Our Burst Damage went down the drain with the implementation of focus. I can put out some pretty serious damage in BG's If they let me stand still. I am also putting out decent numbers in pvp because they always go for the pally healer. But, if anybody attacks me I generally lose. Rogues(If I catch them before they stunlock me), Shamans and Priests I can generally kill, everything else rolls me.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it's going decent. Nothing great but ok. Warriors seem to be a problem for me and whenever I get more than 1 person attacking me I know I am going to lose. Also, aspect of the fox doesn't seem to help that often. Most of the time I am using Hawk because I can trap and just sit behind everyone and do some damage (or try to at least >.<).

I am doing very well. Only class's i cant stand are feral druids, enhance shammys and rogues if they get jump on me. I have figured out mages and locks. warriors are also very dangerous if they know how to play

10+ Year Old Account
    I am doing alright, I suppose. Not as good as I was pre-4.0.1, but that goes without saying. Still topping damage meters, and KBs, but I just feel weaker 1v1, not as self-reliant.

I would LOVE to see all this awesome hunters in action, seriously.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

The thing that kills the most in pvp i think is the fact that we are a resource class now and when 1 shot costs 50 focus and sometimes it just plain sucks. i shot a warrior today with my explosive shot and my ticks hit for 2500 a tick. for a grand total of 7500 damage? What the fuck blizzard. half my resource to do 7500 damage and a mage spams ice lance that hits for 5k base for most mages and they have what like 60k plus mana. where is the fairness in that. not to mention my cobra shot only crits for 9k and thats if im not trying to get outta min range to cast it. most class's if im 1 on 1 with them eat my face. they all know if they root me in run up into melee and cast im screwed. the end of my QQing session ends with the fact that i was charge by a feral druid in bear form and crit for 16k on a mangle. i have 2500 resil and 115k life unbuffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Smithan View Post
    The thing that kills the most in pvp i think is the fact that we are a resource class now and when 1 shot costs 50 focus and sometimes it just plain sucks. i shot a warrior today with my explosive shot and my ticks hit for 2500 a tick. for a grand total of 7500 damage? What the fuck blizzard. half my resource to do 7500 damage and a mage spams ice lance that hits for 5k base for most mages and they have what like 60k plus mana. where is the fairness in that. not to mention my cobra shot only crits for 9k and thats if im not trying to get outta min range to cast it. most class's if im 1 on 1 with them eat my face. they all know if they root me in run up into melee and cast im screwed. the end of my QQing session ends with the fact that i was charge by a feral druid in bear form and crit for 16k on a mangle. i have 2500 resil and 115k life unbuffed.
    Seems to be a combination of you having sucky gear and him having resillience stacked. Working as intended
    Meh

Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    I would LOVE to see all this awesome hunters in action, seriously.
    Seriously if you're so awesome leave me your character name and server so I can learn from all you awesome hunters. Servers and names...

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by Smithan View Post
    I've felt my fair share of feral druids OPness as well. =/ Everybody's saying they'll get nerfed, so hopefully they will.
    As for getting snared, yeah, I have that problem too, and if there's no way I can break out if it, I usually get beat on before I can make a comeback, which does suck.

I do also find that focus isn't as good in PvP, for the same reason that you stated. I can work with it, but I can't put out nearly as much damage as I had before. I try not to fall below a certain amount of focus so that I can always use one of my potentially fight-changing abilities (traps, etc) so I find myself using Cobra Shot a LOT. PvP now kind of makes me wish that we did have mana again, but hopefully Blizzard will see some of the weaknesses we have in PvP right now.

At least it's better than it was, though. =) I'm still having fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aspect of the Fox has made it a lot better than it was. I'm having way more fun in BGs than I was pre-Cataclysm.

1v1 seems to be our big problem right now, but I can't imagine that's ever going to get much better because the game simply isn't balanced with that in mind. Still, it's really frustrating sometimes when I'm getting my skull bashed-in by a sure-to-be-nerfed Warrior. I'm killing other Hunters no problem though, for whatever that's worth.

Seriously if you're so awesome leave me your character name and server so I can learn from all you awesome hunters. Servers and names...
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ard/sev/simple

Outplaying still beats every class but Arms.

I don't recall anybody saying they were awesome in this thread, lol.
    I was simply stating that I'm having a lot better time than I was towards the end of Wrath, and that PvP has gotten a lot better since then. Not trying to sound egotistic or anything. Don't jump to conclusions. =P

Deleted
    Well except the fact that i almost kill a 85 level hunter with mine 82 shadowpriest can say PvP is ok if you know how to play with hunter.
    Focus are great but there is a little problem.Warriors rogues and Druids dint need 1.5 cast who can screwed in melee range to get their resource up.We need removing that DR from Cobra/StS or next time when those hunter try to gank mine poor alt again i will kill him coz now i`m 83 with lot of good blue gear

P.S. I even wont playing PvP anymore till hunters get fixed
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2010-12-19 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garam View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ard/sev/simple

Outplaying still beats every class but Arms.
    One team, 2v2, 480 rating. I don't see the awesomeness. Is your 5-0 record the awesomeness?

-Huainy

One team, 2v2, 480 rating. I don't see the awesomeness. Is your 5-0 record the awesomeness?
    Try checking their Arena achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Try checking their Arena achievements.
    2000 3v3 achievement b4 Cata? Check what?

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by Rifee View Post
    Seems to be a combination of you having sucky gear and him having resillience stacked. Working as intended
    I dont stack resil tho. i just use the pvp gear and slots i dont have pvp gear i use heroic pieces. here is a link to my armory page. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ustafur/simple

2000 3v3 achievement b4 Cata? Check what?
    Gotta agree with this guy. How does having an arena achievement before Cata in anyway show anything about cata ?

Deleted
    well i tryd disk priest / holy priest / shadow priest all classes .
    1 disk priest is really weak
    2 holy priest sucks olny not vs paladin cus we can kite them really good olny the stun of 3 seconds is good and speed but i dont see the point every class can get out of a sloww speed and we not.....paladin freedom - shaman can dispel run 30% speed and slowing speed - druid shape form root - ( i mean olny healing classes of pvp )
    3 shadow priest is really weak in mana they can dispel all our dots that cost allot of mana so its really fucked up if the dispel all my hots .... and im aint nathing anymore...

so IMO priest are the weakest class that is
    priest was my main like seseon 1 to seseon 9 and this seseon i really dont like priest we are so weak compared to other classes