Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I must admit I've been reconsidering Sholazar's changes - I'm now thinking that it'll start out flooded, but with the help of Watcher Freya and the ancient power left behind by the Titans in the five pillars, players will eventually drain the basin and restore it to its former glory.

Re. Arthas - dead perhaps, but his legacy will play an important part in the future. Velius and the Twilight's Hammer are attacking Icecrown Citadel in an effort to get at something the former Lich King has left behind.
    That doesn't sound too bad..I'm sure bolvar would notice, though...sigh, I miss Arthas >.>

Don't make the mistake of thinking that the new generation of nerubians are identical to the older generation. It isn't just their physical forms that have changed, but their motivations and mindset as well.
    You have to understand that Azhuul'Mehab, queen of the Sundered Monolith, is friendly with Brann Bronzebeard. That why I said two different group of nerubians since there are two queens. The older generation would need to call the new generation a foolish name when dealing with the players to show that that have gone on a different path.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brann's Document (written by Hazu'Asnab) allows him the right of passage within any Nerubian city, including the Sundered Monolith as long as he had Nerubian artifacts to trade.
    Nerubian artifacts can be the new rep gain item for the older generations.

The nerubians served the Old Gods since before recorded history. Many of the sprawling temple-cities of the Spider Kingdom are places of worship where they made sacrifices and gave praise to the Old Gods. They were brilliant engineers, scholars, and alchemists yes, but they were also fervant worshippers. They didn't need to be seduced or corrupted - they served willingly. This does, however, mean that nerubians could also choose not to serve...
    Majority of the Nerubians choose to fight against the Old God, Yogg-Saron. Anub'arak was willing to attack a Faceless in fear. How would the Faceless one become a myth, the last time they saw a faceless one was before the Fall of the Azj'Aqir and they were free from Old Gods' control. Yogg-Saron could not mind control the Nerubians however C'Thun might be able but it been over thousands years, the Nerubians are now immune to any mind control. Maybe you could make the worshippers rise in power during the Spider War against the Lich King and they created the new generation and twisted their followers' mind to serve the Old Gods once more.

The nerubian survivors of the Scourge war burrowed deep. The Faceless were unleashed upon them shortly after the end of the war, as punishment for their failures. The reason the nerubians are on the rise now, however, is because they have managed to regain the favor of the Old Gods.
    They were still fighting the Spider War when the Faceless were unleashed. They not survivors yet until after the war ended.

I had the same idea. Here's my write-up for a sub-region found in the Upper Kingdom:

Library of Ancient Weavers
    The sages of Azjol-Nerub were some of the longest lived magic users in the world, rivaled in their knowledge of arcane lore only by the oldest dragons. The library of Azjol-Nerub held thousands of scrolls woven from spider silk and inked in blood and venom, each scroll containing more lore than an entire shelf from the libraries of Dalaran. Tragically, none of the knowledge saved the nerubians from the onslaught of the Scourge, who ravaged the library as uncaringly as they devastated the rest of the Spider Kingdom. Many irreplaceable records of ancient lore were lost, but the nerubians succeeding in hiding away some of their precious knowledge.

The Library has become a stronghold for the Twilight Cult, who seek to uncover what the nerubians managed to hide. The lower levels of the library contain elaborate ritual chambers, filled with ancient relics and glowing with nerubian spell circles. The Twilight Cult have begun performing summoning spells, seeking to draw forth terrible elementals of darkness unlike anything the natural world has seen. The blue dragonflight and the Kirin Tor seek to stop them, but one of their number may find the lure of the nerubian's forbidden knowledge too great.
    I like the idea however Blue Dragon flight and Kirin Tor does not know any information of what is in the library unless the older generations told them. I would said it have to be three faction, Blue Dragon flight, Kirin Tor, and the older generations of nerubians, are worry about the secrets hidden deep in the library and how the Newbreed and the Twilight will use them.

The Hall of Horror should a nerubian/titan laboratory, where creation go wrong. It is the location of the Newbreed Nerubian creation.

Har'koa is slain during the retreat from Zim'Torga, and her altar is overrun with Drakkari loyal to the Twilight's Hammer. Players will confront the undead Har'koa at her altar to destroy her and recpature it.
    Ok, why you want to kill the last Drakkari Loa? By leaving her alone, you created a couple gleams of light within Zul'Drak and a flight point for each step. It is a dark time in Zul'Drak.

Ebon Bulwark deal with the lower level (Necropolis Zeramas' and Necropolis Voltarus' Fall aftermath)
    Argent Stand deal with the mid level is dealing with Newbreed Nerubian that just open up a pit near by.
    Altar of Har'koa deal with the upper level is under siege.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velyndina View Post
    That doesn't sound too bad..I'm sure bolvar would notice, though...sigh, I miss Arthas >.>
    Bolvar definitely noticed, though he already has his hands full with the Scourge. Luckily the Ashen Verdict (and players) are there to help him out. Bolvar definitely doesn't want the Hammer to get what they're after in the depths of Icecrown Citadel.

Quote Originally Posted by Auroro View Post
    You have to understand that Azhuul'Mehab, queen of the Sundered Monolith, is friendly with Brann Bronzebeard. That why I said two different group of nerubians since there are two queens. The older generation would need to call the new generation a foolish name when dealing with the players to show that that have gone on a different path.
    You are correct. Azhuul is a queen from the previous generation who opposes the Newbreed. Nezar'Kali is a younger, recently mature nerubian queen. Kali is the source of the Newbreed, and her birthrate is much higher than Azhuul's (or any other previous queen, for that matter).

The older generation nerubians that serve Azhuul oppose the Newbreed, and generally refer to them as 'abominations' or 'mongrels,' or Chek'Az'Nerub, which means 'not of the spider' or 'non-nerubian', an epitaph usually used against other races and the greatest insult one nerubian can use against another nerubian.

Older generation nerubians who serve Kali call the Newbreed 'children of the divine.'

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brann's Document (written by Hazu'Asnab) allows him the right of passage within any Nerubian city, including the Sundered Monolith as long as he had Nerubian artifacts to trade.
    Nerubian artifacts can be the new rep gain item for the older generations.
    The Sundered Monolith is the HQ of Azhuul's faction, and players will meet up with Brann there.

Majority of the Nerubians choose to fight against the Old God, Yogg-Saron. Anub'arak was willing to attack a Faceless in fear.
    Anub'arak served the Lich King at the time, who was no ally to Yogg-Saron.

How would the Faceless one become a myth, the last time they saw a faceless one was before the Fall of the Azj'Aqir and they were free from Old Gods' control.
    The nerubians have had contact with Faceless after the fall of Azj'Aqir and the founding of Azjol-Nerub - that's why Anub'arak knew about them and the Forgotten Ones. The Faceless have been both subjects of worship and instruments of torment throughout the nerubian's history. In either case, they were never a common sight in Azjol-Nerub, so they may have become myth to many.

Maybe you could make the worshippers rise in power during the Spider War against the Lich King and they created the new generation and twisted their followers' mind to serve the Old Gods once more.
    So far I haven't read anything to indicate that the nerubians halted their worship of the Old Gods at any time prior to the war against the Scourge. I'm going by Blizzard's word on this one - according to them, nerubians + Old Gods = BFFs.

For the Spider Kingdom story, the nerubians worshipped the Old Gods as a pantheon, and eventually fell out of favor with them. The have returned as a major power because they have regained that favor.

Nezar'Kali was primarily responsible for this. The price she paid was the reason that many nerubians of the older generation turned away from her, and have begun to question their oldest beliefs.

They were still fighting the Spider War when the Faceless were unleashed. They not survivors yet until after the war ended.
    Correct. Losing against the Scourge was not their only failure.

I like the idea however Blue Dragon flight and Kirin Tor does not know any information of what is in the library unless the older generations told them. I would said it have to be three faction, Blue Dragon flight, Kirin Tor, and the older generations of nerubians, are worry about the secrets hidden deep in the library and how the Newbreed and the Twilight will use them.
    The blue dragons know a fair bit. They've had conflicts with the nerubians since before the Sundering, and the Azj'Aqir long before that, and were able to glean a few secrets. Although their knowledge is still incomplete, they'll be taking the lead when they and their Kirin Tor allies start securing the area. The older generation nerubians have no presence in the Upper Kingdom at this time - at least, none that do not serve the Newbreed.

The Hall of Horror should a nerubian/titan laboratory, where creation go wrong. It is the location of the Newbreed Nerubian creation.
    The Halls of Horror are indeed of titan construction, part of the Ulduar complex that fills Storm Peaks. They are more of a prison than anything else. The Titans learned a long time ago that lifeforms twisted by the Old Gods do not make for good experimental subjects. There will be an Archivum Tribunal in the Halls of Horror that sheds more light on this.

The Newbreed originate in the Immortal City of Ahn'Saron.

Ok, why you want to kill the last Drakkari Loa?
    Cuz I can! >: D It also makes for a heart-wrenching climax to a questchain and ties in with the rest of the plotline in the zone.

By leaving her alone, you created a couple gleams of light within Zul'Drak and a flight point for each step. It is a dark time in Zul'Drak.
    Players will be able to recapture the Altar of Har'koa after destroying Nightfell, the evil Har'koa created by the Twilight's Hammer. I consider Har'koa and all troll Loas to be like the Ancients, and capable of returning to life through the Emerald Dream when slain. It is indeed a troubled time for the Drakkari, but many of them have turned to better ways thanks to the actions of the Argent Crusade and the Zandalar Tribe in the region, and they are continuing that work throughout the Cataclysm.

Depending on the new troll lore that's coming out with Patch 4.1, I may revisit the Zandalari's motivations in the zone - if they've gone bad, maybe it'll be them trying to resurrect Loas as evil versions of themselves rather than the Hammer.

Hope I could shed a little more light on things and explain my ideas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was anyone else expecting all of this to be in WotlK when it was first announced? I know I was

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    this would be very good after wrath of lich king.Itsreally nice job u must put a lot of effort into this!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is very impressive, I like it a lot

The Sundered Monolith is the HQ of Azhuul's faction, and players will meet up with Brann there.
    Where in the map, that you created is Sundered Monolith?

The nerubians have had contact with Faceless after the fall of Azj'Aqir and the founding of Azjol-Nerub - that's why Anub'arak knew about them and the Forgotten Ones. The Faceless have been both subjects of worship and instruments of torment throughout the nerubian's history. In either case, they were never a common sight in Azjol-Nerub, so they may have become myth to many.
    They "could" have been contact with Faceless, we do not know if the Faceless were sealed or were killed by the trolls.

The blue dragons know a fair bit. They've had conflicts with the nerubians since before the Sundering, and the Azj'Aqir long before that, and were able to glean a few secrets. Although their knowledge is still incomplete, they'll be taking the lead when they and their Kirin Tor allies start securing the area. The older generation nerubians have no presence in the Upper Kingdom at this time - at least, none that do not serve the Newbreed.
    Ok, what about Kilix the Unraveler, is he part of the older generation or the new generation? I reread everything, the Blue Dragonflight only knew about the Aqir and the Qiraji. The nerubians didn't deal with the Blue Dragonflight, both group did not disturb each other. Sure there were couple hole popping up but the Blue Dragonflight were busily trying to rebuild their life after the Sundering, same with the nerubians.

What cause the spit in the Azj'Aqir empire, was the trolls. None of the Dragonflights help the Trolls destroy the Azj'Aqir empire. THe dragonflight begin to be part of a war was during the War of the Ancients then War of the Shifting Sands where they help the Night Elves.

That why I said it have to be three groups for dealing with the Library. A nerubian guide with couple of Kirin Tor agents and Blue Dragonflight agents at the starting point of the library, your job is to help them remove the threats.

So far I haven't read anything to indicate that the nerubians halted their worship of the Old Gods at any time prior to the war against the Scourge. I'm going by Blizzard's word on this one - according to them, nerubians + Old Gods = BFFs.
    Kilix the Unraveler would also disprove the Nerubians + Old Gods = BFFs, he order you to kill the Faceless one and their leader, Herald Volazj. That quote came from Blizzcon and there was no BFFs in Wraith found in both dungeons it is likely that Blizzard was pulling people's legs. Elder Nadox was listed as Undead in Ahn'kahet: The Old Kingdom, there was no nerubian bosses that was in the twilight area.

You will have to created a history dealing with the faction of nerubians worshippers because couple of nerubians will attack or order the death of the Old God's followers and the Old Gods.

I like the idea of having couple group of nerubians that worship the Old Gods, however I think it is better to said that the majors of the nerubians did not worship the Old God since the Fall of the Azj'Aqir and was willing to attack the Old God. During the Spider War, the small % of the nerubians population are worshipper of the Old God rise in power as the majors nerubians were killed by both the Lich King and the Faceless Ones. Now the nerubians worshippers out-populated the nerubians that were against the Old God and took over couple city beside Sundered Monolith for their Dark Master.

Maybe the idea that they stop worshiping the Old Gods is like "fell out of favor" then a power surge of the worshippers was able to regain that favor.

The fall of the Azj'Aqir empire could have made the Nerubians lost hope in their Old Gods and they seal in the area where faceless ones were at. When the Lich King attack the Nerubians, few of them unseal the area and were attack by their old masters for sealing them in.

Nezar'Kali was primarily responsible for this. The price she paid was the reason that many nerubians of the older generation turned away from her, and have begun to question their oldest beliefs.
    Again, you have to created a story of how she join the worshippers and somehow was able to created Newborns faster than Azhuul creating the Nerubians. Was it the Old God granting a blessing upon her and twisted her eggs or the did she found a titan artifact that twisted her into something else.

Players will be able to recapture the Altar of Har'koa after destroying Nightfell, the evil Har'koa created by the Twilight's Hammer. I consider Har'koa and all troll Loas to be like the Ancients, and capable of returning to life through the Emerald Dream when slain. It is indeed a troubled time for the Drakkari, but many of them have turned to better ways thanks to the actions of the Argent Crusade and the Zandalar Tribe in the region, and they are continuing that work throughout the Cataclysm.

Depending on the new troll lore that's coming out with Patch 4.1, I may revisit the Zandalari's motivations in the zone - if they've gone bad, maybe it'll be them trying to resurrect Loas as evil versions of themselves rather than the Hammer.
    From what I see, the lore stats the every 6 years the all the troll clans' leader head to their homeland, Zuldazar, for a meeting. ZA/ZG event stat that the Zandalari's King, King Rastakhan, want to united the troll clans as one major empire. There is couple reasons why would the king want to united the troll clans, however one of the reason does stand out more is that there is a new leader rising in power name Zul and he could have overthrown Rastakhan, brainwash the king or the KIng join forces with Zul. Unless we find out who is Zul.

Having the Zandalari changing the Loas goes against the ideas because two time they have sent us to save the Loas.

1) Hakkar the Soulflayer mind control the loa priests that were sent to end Hakkar. Those priests were use to steal their loa's power. We just remove the links between the Loas and Hakkar, freeing the Loas. Not removing the links between the blood god and the Loas, weaken the Loas to a point of them unable to help their troll champion.

2) Drakkari Loas were being killed for their power, we saved Har'koa from being killed. Drakkari were panicking and killing their Loas without knowing that helps (Argent Dawn and Zandalari) is on the way destroying the Lich King's armies in front of the city.

Amani Loas were ask by the Amani to help them get their revenge against the Blood Elves and the Horde. They were free to do whatever they wanted.

It is better to have the Twilight be the one creating the darker versions.

Maybe a better idea dealing with Har'koa.

How about keeping the idea of Har'koa is being tainted during the retreat from Zim'Torga. The Argent Dawn and the Zim'Torga trolls deal with purifying the evil within Har'koa then Har'koa lead an attack to reclaim her temple forcing the Twilight cult to retreat to the upper levels. Equivalent to Goldrinn in Mount Hyjal. I means she have not been tainted very long where the other were destroy by the Drakkari and resurrected twisted by Twilight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazefury5 View Post
    Was anyone else expecting all of this to be in WotlK when it was first announced? I know I was
    I was expecting a zone, since they'd announced there would be one. Maybe there will be, someday...

Where in the map, that you created is Sundered Monolith?
    It is located in the Shadow Web Caverns. There's a rough map concept in the OP.

They "could" have been contact with Faceless, we do not know if the Faceless were sealed or were killed by the trolls.
    The Faceless were sealed away by the Titans during the Ordering of Azeroth many thousands of years ago, and have had virtually no contact with any of the races of the surface since that time. The Aqir, as creations of the Old Gods, had the most contact with them.

Ok, what about Kilix the Unraveler, is he part of the older generation or the new generation?
    Kilix the Unraveler is part of the older generation. He is an agent of Azhuul'Mehab and is no ally to the Newbreed.

The nerubians didn't deal with the Blue Dragonflight, both group did not disturb each other. Sure there were couple hole popping up but the Blue Dragonflight were busily trying to rebuild their life after the Sundering, same with the nerubians.

What cause the spit in the Azj'Aqir empire, was the trolls. None of the Dragonflights help the Trolls destroy the Azj'Aqir empire.
    The blue dragonflight never went into open warfare with the Aqir, but there were still smaller scale conflicts between them, long before the fall of Azj'Aqir and the Sundering. The mage-priests of Azj'Aqir frequently employed dangerous magics that required the intervention of the blue dragonflight, and sometimes the other flights as well. Many of these battles have no historical record - the Azj'Aqir lost their records when the empire fell.

Ultimately it was the trolls that destroyed the Aqir empire, but they had a long and ugly history of making trouble for Azeroth thousands of years before that happened.

Even after the fall of Azj'Aqir, the blues kept tabs the Aqir that eventually traveled north and became the nerubians. Open conflict was never worth it for either side, but the blues were able to learn a lot. There weren't many blues left to watch the nerubians after the Sundering, but one or two continued to do so.

The Library of Ancient Weavers is in the Upper Kingdom, where the older generation has no presence. The blue dragons and the Kirin Tor are on their own.

Kilix the Unraveler would also disprove the Nerubians + Old Gods = BFFs, he order you to kill the Faceless one and their leader, Herald Volazj.
    Yes, Azhuul'Mehab's faction has no interest is regaining the favor of the Old Gods or worshipping them any longer.

The conflict between the Newbreed and Azhuul's faction is the focus of one of Shadow Web Caverns major questlines.

From what I see, the lore stats the every 6 years the all the troll clans' leader head to their homeland, Zuldazar, for a meeting. ZA/ZG event stat that the Zandalari's King, King Rastakhan, want to united the troll clans as one major empire. There is couple reasons why would the king want to united the troll clans, however one of the reason does stand out more is that there is a new leader rising in power name Zul and he could have overthrown Rastakhan, brainwash the king or the KIng join forces with Zul. Unless we find out who is Zul.
    I'm happy with all of the Northrend zones as they are now. I may revisit Zul'Drak if new troll lore comes out that warrants making changes, but I'm going to be moving ahead with Spider Kingdom content for now.

My next update will be finishing off the revamped Halls of Reflection, some new arts, and a preview of the Spider Kingdom 'Available at Launch' content.
    Last edited by Golden Yak; 2011-04-19 at 01:56 AM.

Wow, I can't believe the amount of thought that went into this. Awesome job, very cool idea.

It is located in the Shadow Web Caverns. There's a rough map concept in the OP.
    Ok, there is a problem.

Sundered Monolith is located under Dragonblight meaning it is found in the Upper Kingdom or Wound of the World by your map. Think Sundered Monolith like Minas Tirith (Lord of the Ring) against the Lich King then the Newbreed.

It is the one of the last strongholds of nerubians after the Spider War.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Sundered_Monolith

I think the best way to fix this is to change the Shadow Web Gate into Sundered Monolith which deal with location and you will be able to create a quest chains leading to the Upper Kingdom. Story flow

The Library of Ancient Weavers is in the Upper Kingdom, where the older generation has no presence. The blue dragons and the Kirin Tor are on their own.
    Again the location of Sundered Monolith is located in under Dragonblight meaning the older generation does have presence there. You have to relocate the Library to Shadow Web Caverns or just add a nerubian guide helping the blue dragons and the Kirin Tor.

I think adding the nerubian guide is the easy path to do. Make the guide name Kilix the Unraveler who is known to the Kirin Tor.

I'm happy with all of the Northrend zones as they are now. I may revisit Zul'Drak if new troll lore comes out that warrants making changes, but I'm going to be moving ahead with Spider Kingdom content for now.
    I just adding some info about the trolls' history. They do have these meeting every six years. Last one was over at the start of WoW. ZG/ZA event just tell us the what happen at the Cata meeting.

My next update will be finishing off the revamped Halls of Reflection, some new arts, and a preview of the Spider Kingdom 'Available at Launch' content.
    I just think that you are killing all the twilight members a little too fast or are you going to create more Twilight members for the underground worlds of the Spider Kingdom.

10+ Year Old Account
    This would be cool as a joint expansion (maybe a double revamp of TBC and WotLK). I'm pretty sure people would get sick of nerubians pretty quick if they were the only ones there. I'd say it should be SK, TBC revamp, azshara/south seas combined. That could work. Especially with phasing. Imagine at lvl 90 you return to lands of old that you saw in earlier levels.

I came in thinking "Oh awesome another Drow Forgotten Realms Rip off" but no you pulled it off good job, this could be fun.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally hope blizzard contacts you :P

Deleted
    gogo, apply for job!

10+ Year Old Account
    As an expansion ? No (although I enjoyed it very much and have nothing but respect for your artistic talents ) There are thousands of better possibilities for an expansion and I doubt Blizz would consider redoing Northrend anytime soon because its fairly new (according to them ). Would be an awsome content patch though! the biggest one to DATE!
    Last edited by Oraj; 2011-04-20 at 05:34 PM.
    Putrefaction you've caused, No need for confession. Now you wish you had a god, To stop your demolition. Crushing the bones of the hundred folds, Swinging the judgement hammer. Man, woman, child no-one is safe The heads of the dead are the banner.

Deleted
    They are not really evil, they just lawful evil. They are in the same rank as Scarlet Crusade.

Nerubians are mad scientists where as Scarlet Crusade are religious crazed.

Nerubians would never serve the Old God, they thought those Faceless were a myth. At the same time they were immune to mind control, which means that they somehow broke free of the Old God control long before Lich King the first start his war against them.
    Nerubians and Qiraij belong to the same species, namely the aqir, which were created by the fallen Old God C'thun (fallen as in fallen in the war of with Titans, he was believed to be dead after these events and thus wasn't imprisoned) out of the image of the silithid (which were bug like creatures born from the magical ether from the well of eternity).
    So yeah, Nerubians were created by the Old Gods and thus serve them and their minions (the faceless ones) etc.

Besides, back when the Nerubians and Qiraij were still one and the same race, the Aqir, they were obsessed with eradicating all non-arthropod life (obsessed with killing everything that doesn't have an exoskeleton), for some reason I think they haven't changed their views on that.

It is hard not to serve the one that created your entire race, besides, every single race the Old Gods managed to actually create, have been loyal servants up to their death, this also counts for the ons they managed to corrupt.

However, would really like an Nerubian focused expansion or even patch, since Azjol'Nerub was made into an instance (instead of the actual zone they promised us) and also because the Nerubian lore in Wotlk was very lackluster.

Altoh, I'm not so sure about Velius, looking at his artwork, he doesn't really seem like a representative of Yogg-saron avatar, more like a human wearing warrior T11 like armor. I'd prefer it if he had mouths spread out over his body comparable to yogg-saron, since Cho'gall had the all the eyes over his body.

---------- Post added 2011-04-23 at 06:26 AM ----------

I do not recall such a questchain, although I believe I read something about it. I haven't done all of the reworked 1-60 stuff, so I may have missed a lot. There might be a new generation of goodly black dragons someday, but the forces that occupy the Obsidian Dragonshrine in Dragonblight are still loyal to Deathwing at the moment.

If more info about a redeemed black dragonflight comes out in future, I may take a look at reworking that particular idea.
    Aye, but I guess this fan expansion is to be set after the events currently happening in Catalcysm, correct? And since Deathwing is pretty much guaranteed to die in this expansion, I'd see a big possibility to have the remainder of the flight to come back crawling to Alex after their leader is dead (pretty much what the blue flight did after Malygos was killed). That's because the Flight seem to follow their leader/aspect until he or she dies.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2011-04-23 at 06:27 AM.

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I would like to know if your version of Azjol-Nerub would include the Ulduar Tol'vir.

While it all sounds nice, and I am expecting/hoping that towards the end of WoW there will be a similar world change as the Shattering along the lines of something like "The Restoration" or w/e, in which Old World Cata issues are resolved, Outlands is changed due to the absence of Illidan, and as you have done here, Northrend w/o Arthas. The only issue I find with this is you quite frankly took out every last Northrend raid but OS and VoA. I mean, while you gave valid points for all of your changes, you cant just go and eliminate the enitre raid content of a past expansion. Lore wise, yes it works out. I liked your ideas for Naxx and I suppose Maly wasnt popular to begin with, but to remove ICC and Ulduar? I mean, just because Nef and Rag appear again in Cata, they didnt go and remove MC and BWL. The outside area of Ulduar is rather large enough already to host a large quest hub, but ya I can agree with removing Naxx and Maly at the most. Other than that it really wouldnt be a half bad expansion, but I'd imagine some QQ over returning to what is technically Northrend.

---------- Post added 2011-04-23 at 12:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    Nerubians and Qiraij belong to the same species, namely the aqir, which were created by the fallen Old God C'thun (fallen as in fallen in the war of with Titans, he was believed to be dead after these events and thus wasn't imprisoned) out of the image of the silithid (which were bug like creatures born from the magical ether from the well of eternity).
    Fairly certain all of the Old Gods were imprisoned, AQ being an old Titan stronghold, guarded by the Tol'Vir, and AQ was where C'thun was sent to be imprisoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Gharld View Post
    Fairly certain all of the Old Gods were imprisoned, AQ being an old Titan stronghold, guarded by the Tol'Vir, and AQ was where C'thun was sent to be imprisoned.

C'thun was never imprison, he play the Titans like fools. He was in power long after the Titans left, he created Aqir empire that rival in power against the twin troll empires. He was list as dead by the titan. He was free to do whatever.

If you look at AQ, there is no titan artifact any where.

Also there was no Tol'Vir at all. Ulduar was a Lab and some titan walk into C'thun path and got himself killed.

---------- Post added 2011-04-25 at 07:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    Besides, back when the Nerubians and Qiraij were still one and the same race, the Aqir, they were obsessed with eradicating all non-arthropod life (obsessed with killing everything that doesn't have an exoskeleton), for some reason I think they haven't changed their views on that..
    Nerubians have change their view dealing with the non-arthropod life. They were willing to work with other race to reclaim their land from the Lich King.

Azhuul'Mehab's nerubians was willing to join the Alliance thank to Brann Bronzebeard.

There is a betrayer in the Forsaken who is a undead nerubian named Mael Shelub. I wish blizzard have added him into SFK as a bonus boss.