Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They fight demon fire with fire, why would they have any old god powers or be involved with the titans? They have no existing connection to either of them.
    Twas brillig

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    They fight demon fire with fire, why would they have any old god powers or be involved with the titans? They have no existing
    connection to either of them.
    well that is for the players to find out at the conclusion of the quests

Deleted
    Cool, but why re-use the whole northrend?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlot View Post
    allow me to answer this question even though I did not start this thread lol.
    I believe the idea is not to reuse in it's entirety the northrend zone, revamp it yes, but with more focus on the underground kingdom of the spiders...
    Plz someone correct me if I am mistaken =)
    Plz moderators, allow me to do a little technic called in advertising as pulling
    Check this out everyone!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...n-Hunter-ideas
    Thank You
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2012-01-20 at 10:13 PM.

Deleted
    I think this should not be done any time soon, but after a while when Northrend is beginning to show its age. Otherwise, this expansion is a very good idea! Those maps look interesting.

HAHA sick lads GJ

10+ Year Old Account
    Incoming scribbles

Bestiary - Eidolons

Eidolon of Air
    Before the Old Gods were banished, they held the elements in their thrall. Earth, air, fire, and water warred ceaseless for the amusement of their evil masters. When the Titans finally came to liberate Azeroth from chaos, many elemental beings had been so corrupted by the Old Gods that the Titans deemed them too dangerous to lock away with their fellows in the elemental plane.

Eidolon of Earth
    These beings were instead imprisoned inside Titan-forged obelisks and monoliths, and buried with the Old Gods deep beneath the earth. The elementals inside these tombs became known as Eidolons. The Twilight's Hammer has unearthed and destroyed many of these ancient prisons, freeing the creatures within - elemental monstrosities warped by the dark power of the Old Gods and driven insane by untold millennia of imprisonment.

Eidolon of Fire
    Eidolons take as many varied forms as their fellow elementals, but generally coallesce into scarecrowish, humanoid shapes. There is an undeniable aura of menace that surrounds every eidolon, and even for elementals they are unsettling to watch - their spindly limbs twisting and reshaping themselves, natural forces bent in completely unnatural ways. Their bodies invariable incorporate fragments of their shattered prison monoliths, and their limbs are draped in the broken chains that once imprisoned them.

Eidolon of Water

1. They would join in the same way that belfs and Forsaken have joined, and also out of a sort of curiosity due to the societal changes caused by the collapse of their civilization. They don't seem to 'hate' the guys they talk to in the quests so much as look down on them as lesser, or less than, people.

Whereas the Horde would see them as a bunch of arrogant, but useful allies, the Nerubians might view the Horde, privately, as something akin to humans domesticating wolves and keeping them to protect themselves.
    Protocol and manners are very important to the nerubians - they might want to kill you, but if you are their guest, you will be treated with all the respect that entails. Hence Brann being given the grand tour of the Sundered Monolith for holding the proper documents - once time is up, all bets are off.

Certainly, if they ever formally joined any faction, from their point of view it would be as you described - the other races would be seen as domesticated lesser lifeforms, tolerated and patronized.
    2. Goblins and Pandaren are both going to be on the factions, yet at the same time, they're neutral and in major areas.
    There's certainly the argument for the nerubians being neutral to both factions - in the case of my story, they've split as a society already over disagreements about their future. Some might favor one faction... or play both factions off each other.

3. Tol'vir could replace the nerubians in most places for the Alliance, as could other titan constructs.
    The Tol'vir do make a nice multi-limbed counterpart to the nerubians, don't they... the Tol'vir in Ahn'Saron certainly have plenty of reason to hate the nerubians.

4. I thought the guy in charge of doorward's name was Baelgun Firebeard or something to that effect? Is he still alive/involved?
    Baelgun Flamebeard leads the forces of Doorward - Brann is a friend of his, and is going to be lending aid (along with Brann's explorer league forces) due to Brann's prior experience with the nerubians. Baelgun's opened the ranks of Doorward to anyone who will join, Alliance or Horde - he's seen what's on the rise in Azjol-Nerub, and in the face of that, grievances he's had with the Horde simply aren't important to him anymore.

5. Here are a pair of HORDE ONLY quests in the Dragonblight
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:The_Lost_Empire

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=12040
    You know, the thoughts occurs that there is no reason that the nerubians couldn't join the Horde in future. Blizzard clearly has their own plans for the future of the Spider Kingdom, given those new Cata quests in the Azjol-Nerub dungeons. Maybe I'll wind up being way off base. I'm spinning a lot of fan-lore out of information given about the nerubians in the past, some from RPG books that may have been discarded.

Any reasons I can give against them joining can really only apply to the story of this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Exhaust View Post
    I honestly think this should all be under Northrend instead of changing Northrend & removing instances
    How could revamped Northrend zones be under Northrend?

"Yo dawg, I heard you like Northrend..."

Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    this would fit so well if joined with a new demon hunter hero class... DONT YOU THINK =^)?
    if your intersted check this:http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...n-Hunter-ideas
    either way ur doing a really good service for us fans and ultimately, the WOW community
    I've thought long and hard about attempting to include new races or a new class in this concept. Unfortunately, I only started doing that thinking after I'd plotted out most of it, and now I feel it would be too hard to include new race/class stuff that would also tie into the overarching story without me needing to make a lot of changes. I don't want to just throw some guys in, like the Worgen and Goblins, and not have them be integral to the final endgame thing. Death knights were pretty important in the great scheme of things in Wrath, and blood elves and draenei were heavily featured in BC's endgame.

If I had to pick, I would probably go with a new class. However, Demon Hunters would, I feel, be better left for a Burning Legion related expansion - demons will not feature heavily in the Spider Kingdom stuff (moderately, later, but not heavily...).

Quote Originally Posted by TheLovecraft View Post
    I... don't see what prompted this or how the strange Demon Hunter variant class you created relates to The Spider Kingdom concept.

How exactly would this "fit"?
    Just a little forum fan-concept cross promotion/pollination!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    I believe the idea is not to reuse in it's entirety the northrend zone, revamp it yes, but with more focus on the underground kingdom on the spiders...
    Plz someone correct me if I misunderstook =)
    No, I re-used the whole thing. Pretty much everything 'cept for Wintergrasp got totally Catacylsm'd, in the same way all the 1-60 stuff did.

It doesn't make much sense to go through 1-60 quests where everyone talks about how dead the Lich King is, only to wind up in Northrend at 70 with the Lich King stomping around trying to kill you. Northrend suffers especially bad from outdated storylines because everything there is story-driven so heavily.

The new 70-80 Northrend shows you what's happened in the wake of the Lich King's defeat, lets you complete a new storyline that involves defeating a new set of adversaries, and gives you a preview of what awaits once you've hit 90 and are able to explore Azeroth's underworld.

I like those elemental creature but why are they worse than the elemental lords.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auroro View Post
    I like those elemental creature but why are they worse than the elemental lords.
    Eidolons aren't necessarily more powerful than the elemental lords, but unlike the lords and most of their servants, eidolons would not have been content to remain in the elemental plane. They were too heavily corrupted by the Old Gods - they would have sought to escape the elemental plane and free them. So the Titans decided they were too dangerous and they needed stronger measures to keep them under wraps.

Deleted
    Idea seems great, Just spiders... eeeeeeyk.

Maybe you could add Tuskarr to alliance and Vrykuls to Horde
    They are both races that are requested by WoW players

Looks interesting, nice work.

That Eidolon of Air is really awesome. You're really talented ^^

Golden Yak, your quality of concept design is nothing but exceptional. Your map and mob concept art is a seamless adoption of the warcraft art style and spirit.

I really hope you plan to get hired by Blizzard, would be nothing short of a crime if you didn´t get your work out on the world stage. Judging by your website you are already working on that.. I really hope they take you on board, WoW content dev could really use someone with fresh ideas, enthusiasm and the means to bring them on paper like you´ve done here (the concept of cataclysm zones and dungeons has been okay, but honestly the revamped Northrend maps and Nerubian Zone tops anything I´ve seen this expansion, in terms of interesting).

Hope we see your work enrichen the big games soon!
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Deleted
    They fight demon fire with fire, why would they have any old god powers or be involved with the titans? They have no existing connection to either of them.
    because the OLD GODS are synonims of the chaos and order forces that make the universe. It says so in the lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Update! The second zone of the Spider Kingdom:

Shadow Web Caverns

A vast zone flourishing with the life of Azeroth's underworld. Forests of giant mushrooms blanketed in spider webbing, swamps of phosphorescent plants, and the ever-present temple cities of the nerubians all await exploration.

The Spider Kingdom is vast, stretching across several regions, but there are still many areas that were never colonized fully by the nerubians. The Shadow Web Caverns is a vast underground wilderness, filled with the natural geography of Azeroth's underworld. Forests of giant mushrooms, underground swamps and seas, deep caverns and sprawling mountains all form the terrain of this region.

Many dangers lie within the wilderness of the Shadow Web Caverns. Aside from all of the natural threats, the forces of the arach'layn, the Twilight Scourge, and the dread servants of the Old Gods can be encountered.
    Dungeons! - The Hanging Tower of Naz'Zuraq, Ahn'Vekir - the First City, Terrormaw Hold
    Raids! - Nidhogg's Lair
    Cities! - The Sundered Monolith

Here is a page containing information about all of the Upper Kingdom's regions in detail:
    http://www.wowpedia.org/User:GoldenY...rns_Subregions

A Few Things:
    -Like all Spider Kingdom zones, there is not a set level range for the Shadow Web Caverns.
    -Shadow Web Caverns has regions appropriate for level 90, 91, 92, and 93.
    -Completing all of the level 91 content in the Upper Kingdom alone will not be enough to advance to level 92 - you will need to venture into Ahn'Saron, the Inner Kingdom in order to progress.

Questing areas work like this:

With Shadow Web Caverns complete, the third and final questing zone awaits - Ahn'Saron, the Inner Kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by darklord12 View Post
    Maybe you could add Tuskarr to alliance and Vrykuls to Horde
    They are both races that are requested by WoW players
    I don't know that I'll bother coming up with new races to add - it'd be too hard to work them into the story at this point, and I wouldn't want them to feel tacked on.

I may do a class idea - not my forte though.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    That Eidolon of Air is really awesome. You're really talented ^^
    Why thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    Golden Yak, your quality of concept design is nothing but exceptional. Your map and mob concept art is a seamless adoption of the warcraft art style and spirit.

I really hope you plan to get hired by Blizzard, would be nothing short of a crime if you didn´t get your work out on the world stage. Judging by your website you are already working on that.. I really hope they take you on board, WoW content dev could really use someone with fresh ideas, enthusiasm and the means to bring them on paper like you´ve done here (the concept of cataclysm zones and dungeons has been okay, but honestly the revamped Northrend maps and Nerubian Zone tops anything I´ve seen this expansion, in terms of interesting).

Hope we see your work enrichen the big games soon!
    D'aww, shucks!

You sir, are a brilliant man, I could really picture this in game. This has trumped everything Blizzard put out with Cataclysm. I think you sir, should for apply for a job at Blizzard, I am sure you would easily get a job there, and they would probably consider your idea and quite possibly make it an expansion, because this is some of the highest quality work I've seen in a long time. This is the most original idea I've seen for an expansion, and Blizzard could really use a man with such creativity as you. Good luck to you, and keep up the good work, and hopefully you may be seen as one of the big names at Blizzard Entertainment, or perhaps your own gaming company.

I agree with Bane. You definitely need to be working for Blizzard as a lead artist. You have a brilliant mind, my man!

Can't wait to see more!

Loving the Eidolons, very original stuff.
    Twas brillig

Wow, that is a lot of information. Great ideas ^^,