Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Really cool expansion idea, overall a great idea. I really don't know what to say other than really great.

Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    only part I strongly disagree, is about Twilight Cult

change it for Scourge remains/Cult Of the Damned remnants

+ new villian can appear

BLIZZ MUST HIRE YOU buddy

Good Job
    Did you really quote the OP in its entirety to say so little about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auroro View Post
    I think you might want fix couple lore points.

Azj'Aqir is name of the empire on Azeroth which was spilt into three different kingdoms: Azjol-Nerub, Ahn'Qiraj, and Klaxxi'vess (something).
    Correct. The empire of Azj'Aqir covered a vast amount of territory, much of which was destroyed and buried by Neltharion, then further devastated by the Sundering. The zone 'Azj'Aqir - the Shattered Empire' refers to an underground region which contains some of those buried lands, and the broken ruins of the aqir cities.

You also need to make sure the Newbreed lore did not just end with the death of the queen. She might have left something behind that might be more powerful than her.
    It hasn't ended - Newbreed lore goes right to the endgame. Technically, the queen left behind Valthraxx, who was far more powerful than her. Though even with his death, his plan and purpose for the Newbreed endure. When I've finished up the storyline for the Twilight of Dalaran raid, there'll be a bit more info about what the Newbreed are up to at the moment.

One way of using the Worldgate as a way to transport an army.
    Yes, they used the Worldgates for that long ago. I envision the aqir being big on teleportation. They also used smaller crystals similar to the ones the qiraji used during the 2nd War of the Shifting Sands to move their troops rapidly across Kalimdor.

It is possible that Azj'Aqir's main Capitol has numerous Worldgate and with the Newbreed's knowledge of the new Azeroth. They could gain more forces from Qiraji and Mantid. I would said that both the Horde and the Alliance are force to deal with each of the forces in order to weaken the main army that is building inside the Capitol. You can also use few of the Azj'Aqir's Worldgate as an entrance to a dungeon or raids.
    There were many Worldgates in Azj'Aqir. They used them to evacuate many of their people when the dragonflights devastated their capitol and the trolls destroyed their armies. Three for each of the insect empires that we know of. There was a fourth Worldgate and there was to be a fourth empire, but the fourth gate was destroyed and the aqir that attempted to travel through it were... lost.

The qiraji have returned to Azj'Aqir in an attempt to rebuild their strength. Currently, there are no living aqir there - they long ago abandoned it.

No plans to have the Mantid in the story at this point - if I'd known about them before starting this concept back pre-Cataclysm, I might have had them and the qiraji be mixed with the nerbuians to make the Newbreed be nerubian/mantid/qiraji hybrids. It's a little too hard to work them in at this point. Maybe when I'm all done a write a post about 'Stuff I'd have Done Differently'.

You need to make Aqir meeting with the Newbreed a very bad news.
    That was always the plan.

The aqir know all about the Newbreed. When the two finally meet, the plans of Valthraxx will be fulfilled and the aqir will be ready to conquer the world once again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Only problem I have is if the Troll Empires of Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub were able to shatter the Azj'Aqir Empire by being savages with stone axes and a fistful of Loa. Then I really doubt the Aqir are anything stronger than people are bigging them up.
    The troll empires are much reduced these days from their former glory. In ancient times they had much more power. The zandalari forces currently in Pandaria should give you some idea of what the ancient trolls were capable of, and those zandalari are currently refugees from an empire that was shattered by the Cataclysm after being in decline for 10,000 years post-Sundering, and it had been declining even before that.

The ancient trolls had legions of warriors, armed with weapons carved of blackstone from the deep earth, harder and sharper than forged steel. They had many dire trolls and spell-casters among them, primitive siege engines enchanted to be invincible, stone idols brought to life, armies of the dead raised up from the earth. They rode raptors and teradons, devilsaurs and direhorns, and goaded stegadons, thunder lizards, salamanders, and dimetradons into combat. They coaxed couatl and windserpents out of the skies, some tribes even called hydras up from the sea. They commanded hordes of now-extinct beasts - from the north came ursu, bears as big as mountain giants, and slashfangs, great cats with curving fangs like swords. From south were called the mandakhan, massive snakes that could crush a dragon in their coils, swarms of flesh-stripping piranhaskinks, and packs of gigantaudons, ape-like dinosaurs possessing fierce strength. The skies were darkened by snow eagles and tyrannadons, dire ravens and the mythic quetzocouatl.

And the loa came in droves - swarming to answer the troll's call to war with an eagerness that has never been seen since. They came in their thousands, with loa like great Hakkar at their head, alongside even mightier creatures lost to legend. They seemed even more eager to fight the aqir than the trolls. Perhaps they knew something the trolls did not about the threat the aqir presented.

Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    only part I strongly disagree, is about Twilight Cult

change it for Scourge remains/Cult Of the Damned remnants

+ new villian can appear

BLIZZ MUST HIRE YOU buddy

Good Job
    The current Twilight Cult includes many of the Cult of the Damned members who became disillusioned with the fall of the Scourge. And several Scourge remnants have recently joined forces with the Twilight Cult to assault Dalaran.

Thanks for the kind words - although there really was no need to quote the entire massive OP!

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    My big issue with this is you turn every class into a hybrid with the new 4th specs... except hunters.

Why leave ONE pure DPS class?
    I don't know, what would they do? Shoot you with healing arrows? I guess maybe you could give them a pet-tank spec - maybe let players control the pet directly while the hunter operates remotely... do some tankin'... See? This is really hard.

Thanks to everyone for the comments.

Working on some monster drawings, but they aren't done yet.
    In order to keep my hand in, have some renditions of the journal entries I wrote about here.

A rough sketch in the journal corresponds to the image on the altar. A translation of the nerubian glyphs is written below:
    -The Defiler of Time-
    -Lord of the Wastes-
    The third line doesn't translate clearly. The word 'C'Thun' is written.

A rough sketch in the journal corresponds to the image on the altar. A translation of the nerubian glyphs is written below:
    -The Lucid Dream-
    -Beast with a Thousand Maws-
    The third line doesn't translate clearly. The word 'Yogg-Saron' is written.

-The Seven Terrors-
    -The Devouring Mist-
    The third line doesn't translate clearly. The word 'Y'Shaarj' is written.

-The Dreamer in Darkness-
    -The Drowned God-
    The third line doesn't translate clearly. The word 'N'Zoth' is written.

-The Weaver of Life-
    -He Who Shapes-
    The third line on the altar has been damaged. The heiroglyphs are unreadable. There is no translation.

There is a sixth entry bundled with the others, but it does not match the pattern of the first five. It appears to have sprung purely from the mind of the journal's writer.

Pleasant dreams!

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Amazing work, Spider pride!

>8<
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice, the windows in Ulduar and the Jade Forest temple?

Deleted
    Man, those tablets are really disturbing! Good thing that you can still keep up doing this, must be hard to produce the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I don't know, what would they do? Shoot you with healing arrows? I guess maybe you could give them a pet-tank spec - maybe let players control the pet directly while the hunter operates remotely... do some tankin'... See? This is really hard.
    Survival was originally meant to be a tank tree that used dual shields (back then there were 2 types of shields, bucklers and shields, they used bucklers)

Simply have a hunter dual wield shields and have Glaive melee abilities. They would not use a pet, except as a cooldown, similar to Xuen for Brewmasters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    Nice, the windows in Ulduar and the Jade Forest temple?
    Both great sources of inspiration for this yes, especially the images from Ulduar. I might do full on drawings of the stone tablets from the Altar of the Old Gods that these drawings are frenzied recreations of, though not for a while. I must preserve what sanity remains...

Quote Originally Posted by Kraspotatius View Post
    Man, those tablets are really disturbing! Good thing that you can still keep up doing this, must be hard to produce the stuff.
    All it takes is practice and time!

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Survival was originally meant to be a tank tree that used dual shields (back then there were 2 types of shields, bucklers and shields, they used bucklers)

Simply have a hunter dual wield shields and have Glaive melee abilities. They would not use a pet, except as a cooldown, similar to Xuen for Brewmasters.
    Hmm, that's actually a pretty neat idea. Maybe I'll give some thought to changing it.

The amount of work you've done is amazing. I'd say screw wow, it would make an awesome standalone GAME.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

10+ Year Old Account
    dayyyyyyum this keeps getting better and better

Your expansion also proves that anything in the current Lore can be made into an expansion.

I love your idea, but this entire thing also gives me hope for the future of WoW as a whole, and that it's not dying anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Great work bro really interresting!... But personally id rather see a Burning Legion expansion. Always wanted demon hunters ingame, mby i can get that in Burning Legion!!! But awesome work nonetheless, interresting and fun read! )

Deleted
    As much as I hate spiders I think this is pretty cool

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine that many have already told you this Yak, but Blizzard should hire you.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    No plans to have the Mantid in the story at this point - if I'd known about them before starting this concept back pre-Cataclysm, I might have had them and the qiraji be mixed with the nerbuians to make the Newbreed be nerubian/mantid/qiraji hybrids. It's a little too hard to work them in at this point. Maybe when I'm all done a write a post about 'Stuff I'd have Done Differently'.
    You can still add the Mantid part into the story. They already warn the player that once their master (Y'Shaarj) return, they are willing to betray the Horde and the Alliance.

Newbreed should be just twisted nerubian. The Old God blessed and change their nerubian followers.

However creating a nerubian/mantid/qiraji hybrids should have a different looks from the Newbreed. These hybrids has the intelligence from Mantid, ferocious from the Newbreed, and strength of the Qiraji.

I still think that you might want to created three dungeon from each of the insectoid races that is connected to the main Fortress and also make the nerubian/mantid/qiraji hybrids be Heroic mode only at appear before the Worldgate inside the dungeons while the raid version has almost all the bosses being hybrids. You can have the mantid group stole the Mogu's technology to create monstrosity stone creature to guard the new Fortress while they try to rebuild new Worldgate.

The Swarms has return.

I always wanted to explore the nerubian underground during wrath so I LOVE THIS!!!

World of Warcraft: The Skittering Darkness ........... ooooo sends chills down my spine :O

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    That journal entry was amazing... and while I know its been said a hundred times, Blizzard should seriously hire you. You've practically given them all the concept work for a new expansion!

Usually, I think fan expansion ideas are hokey. But this actually looks pretty cool. I think it's because the underground aspect reminds me a lot of Salvatore's Dark Elves.

great work ! I reallly like underground theme.

As much as i thought Mop was really well built i always preferred darker themes.

i can't believe i hadn't seen this before. this is some awesome work Yak!

it certainly puts my expansion ideas, writing and imagery to shame. makes me want to rework my stuff
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'