Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Nerubians have had way more coverage in warcraft RTS games and RPGs than pandaren ever did - they had a huge section to themselves in the RPG books and several missions in the games that revealed some of their society. The Spider Queen is canon - Nezar'Azret, the previous queen, was killed in WC3. And in Cataclysm, Blizz added some quests to the nerubian dungeons that reveal how surviving nerubians are preparing to hatch a new generation, complete with a giant egg containing a new nerubian matriarch. They added those quests just as I was starting to seriously flesh out my storyline, it fit perfectly with what I was doing - it's like they read my mind!
    When they killed Anub in a 5 man during WotLK I was one of those guys who cried on the forums about it until they brought him back as a raid boss. Huge fan of your ideas man and can't wait to see what you do with your next expansion. Totally envious of your in-depth lore mastery btw.

PLease let this be it. I'm afraid blizzard havent learn their misstake from MOP. At least Activison hasnt? Idk. No more silly panda bs, please go darker, remove the pg 12 (im probably only dreaming but still)

15+ Year Old Account
    Did you do all of the illustration work, Yak? I really love your coloring skills especially, well done!

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Deleted
    Only problem I see with full spiderthingie expansion is the grand color scheme (enviroments) it's all stone (underground), that would make very boring, on the long run, enviroment to move around. Blizzard has been very consistent on it's expansions of giving us many kind of enviroments to explore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    PLease let this be it. I'm afraid blizzard havent learn their misstake from MOP. At least Activison hasnt? Idk. No more silly panda bs, please go darker, remove the pg 12 (im probably only dreaming but still)
    I've thought MoP was rad so far - there's plenty of darker bits to it between the Thunder King and Y'Shaarj. Though if they can make an entire expansion based on pandaren, I feel good about our changes of an eventually underground focused expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    Did you do all of the illustration work, Yak? I really love your coloring skills especially, well done!
    It's all me. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Crista View Post
    Only problem I see with full spiderthingie expansion is the grand color scheme (enviroments) it's all stone (underground), that would make very boring, on the long run, enviroment to move around. Blizzard has been very consistent on it's expansions of giving us many kind of enviroments to explore.
    That's a valid concern, but as I've said in the past, the theme of 'underground lands' isn't any more limiting than, say, Northrend's theme of 'frozen lands.' You can have all kinds of environments besides spooky caves - sprawling underground cities of the nerubians in dark brick and gold illuminated by spell fire, a swampy forest of mushrooms and fungus that give off bioluminescent light, ancient temples carved out of ice in subterranean glaciers, buried jungles lit by magical suns overhead, titan cities built on black mountains towering high above oceans of magma...

Also something like this:

http://www.crystalinks.com/mexicocrystals.html

And that's a real live place.

If some mook like me can dream up all that in his spare time, imagine what Blizzard could do if they took a theme like 'underground' and really ran with it.

Deleted
    I'm curious, how do you do the zone/instance maps? Do you create them from scratch and use existing WoW maps as an illustration or something? And what is the program you use to modify the WoW logo for your liking?

I'd love to know, as you see, I have an expansion idea of my own underway.
    Last edited by mmoc72727c7d9f; 2013-06-09 at 08:23 AM.

A remarkable, interesting and well thought of concept.
    1stly, I wanna say really good job developing such an idea.
    2ndly, It would be cool to play it live!

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I still love you and your idea, Yak. Keep up the great work.

EDIT: WHAT WILL PATCH X.2 BE? @_@ I MUST KNOW!
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2013-06-10 at 05:11 PM.

Yak please atop with this idea... The more you develop it the more I want it! I want a bat people playable race!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalaman View Post
    Strech the map alittle more so it covers the Argent Tournament part of icecrown. If you did ToC you will understand why
    awesome sig rofl I wonder how many ppl have put their finger on the screen trying to squish that.

And the Spider Kingdom idea sounds awesome very creative!

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    Yak please atop with this idea... The more you develop it the more I want it! I want a bat people playable race!
    With 'Flying Wild', right? That would be pretty sweet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    I'm curious, how do you do the zone/instance maps? Do you create them from scratch and use existing WoW maps as an illustration or something? And what is the program you use to modify the WoW logo for your liking?

I'd love to know, as you see, I have an expansion idea of my own underway.
    I use Photoshop for everything, including how I made the logo.

I go over how I made the maps here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...concept/page30

Good luck with the idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Falu View Post
    A remarkable, interesting and well thought of concept.
    1stly, I wanna say really good job developing such an idea.
    2ndly, It would be cool to play it live!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    Spread the gospel. Tell everyone to talk about how awesome nerubians and caves are to Blizzard. We might get an underground themed expac yet, or at least Azjol-Nerub as a zone or raid finally.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    I still love you and your idea, Yak. Keep up the great work.

EDIT: WHAT WILL PATCH X.2 BE? @_@ I MUST KNOW!
    X.2 is called Malevolence Rising. It will deal with the aftermath of the Twilight Cult's attack on Dalaran, what Angerboda is up to as queen of the dead, and a showdown with the Malevolence that's been haunting Northrend's ley line network since the war with the blue dragonflight ended. Plus the hidden creators of the Newbreed are revealed as their plans build up to their endgame for all of Azeroth.
    Last edited by Golden Yak; 2013-06-11 at 03:21 AM.

I have nothing to say other than "Blizzard, hire this guy!" - really amazing work, Golden Yak. I really enjoy reading the updates eventhough I'm not an active sub anymore.

Z.

X.2 is called Malevolence Rising. It will deal with the aftermath of the Twilight Cult's attack on Dalaran, what Angerboda is up to as queen of the dead, and a showdown with the Malevolence that's been haunting Northrend's ley line network since the war with the blue dragonflight ended. Plus the hidden creators of the Newbreed are revealed as their plans build up to their endgame for all of Azeroth.
    When's the release date? :P

Looking forward to it

10+ Year Old Account
    Hur hur, Soon™ ;)

Hur hur, Soon™
    touché

10chars

Haven't been here for a long time, but just came back and noticed the new changes, really like 'em ^.^ I really hope that we get to further explore the Nerubians at some point.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

Interesting stuff, pretty cool ideas it made me wish this could actually happen.

Is this 'THE DARK BELOW'?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Is this 'THE DARK BELOW'?
    Fingers crossed!!