Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This is certainly an interesting idea for a revamp to Northrend, something that Blizzard HAS said they're hoping to do later on. Do I think its expansion material? Not really. I mean, I don't have any particular desire to have an entire expansion focus on just the Nerubians OR the remnants of the Scourge.

But your ideas for revamping Northrend itself are sound and interesting. I'd like to see more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magican View Post
    Maybe you could work in Obsidian Statues -> Destroyers? They were in Warcraft III TFT and looked reaaaally awesome, but somehow Blizzard forget them...and I guess they'd fit your "intelligent Scourge" concept
    The Obsidian Destroyers will have a role to play in the Spider Kingdom content. Cataclysm revealed that they were originally a race called the Tol'vir, and hinted that some Tol'vir might remain beneath Northrend. With a hook like that, how could I leave them out?

@lizon - I like the way you think lizon, those are some interesting ideas, particularly the idea of an enemy invading the Caverns of Time directly. While I believe that the qiraji had their fun with the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj event and raids, I do intend to use them in a somewhat smaller capacity later on.

Also, I think you'll find that the trolls weren't worried about silithid hives surviving, but colonies of another race, the Azj'Aqir, ancestors of both the nerubians and the qiraji. I've got a few ideas for them too.

And funny you should mention Deadwind Pass...

Quote Originally Posted by RedMageNeko View Post
    This is certainly an interesting idea for a revamp to Northrend, something that Blizzard HAS said they're hoping to do later on. Do I think its expansion material? Not really. I mean, I don't have any particular desire to have an entire expansion focus on just the Nerubians OR the remnants of the Scourge.

But your ideas for revamping Northrend itself are sound and interesting. I'd like to see more.
    Thanks! Glad you like the Northrend stuff, and I hope I can eventually change your mind about the nerubians. They aren't going to be alone for the Spider Kingdom content, and the Scourge Remnants are 70-80 villains...

Brilliant.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

It would be a good reason for blizzard to send us back to northrend, but i would like it called something i bit more, loreish, like the Nerubian Empire or something

No, just no i hate Old kingdom and spiders

Deleted
    I don't like spiders, they even make me creep ingame

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    @lizon - I like the way you think lizon
    You don't want to know how I think. ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey111 View Post
    It would be a good reason for blizzard to send us back to northrend, but i would like it called something i bit more, loreish, like the Nerubian Empire or something
    How about Wrath of the Cataclysmic Nerubian Crusade?

Really awesome stuff you have here! Keep up the good work because I want to see MOAR.

I dont hate this.

Please continue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love this idea to be honest, it could happen and theres even available lore that wouldnt require a retconn. I hope they impliment the idea, good job ;D

So much Northrend lore that was missed out on. This would be so amazing and would help complete my favorite continent

Keep up! Nice ideas!
    I always wanted xpac abour nerubians.

pretty nice concept art

10+ Year Old Account
    Update! Horde and Alliance scouts have uncovered the identity of the leader of Northrend's Twilight's Hammer sect!

Twilight Master Velius

As the ogre Cho'gall was to C'thun, the human Velius is to Yogg-Saron. Here's a snippet from the Twilight's Hammer page:

Velius was an adherent of the Twilight's Hammer cult in Northrend and a devout worshipper of Yogg-Saron, the Beast With a Thousand Maws. He became fascinated studying prisoners of the Scourge that had been forced to mine saronite, and how over time the prisoners became driven mad by the voice of Yogg-Saron. Inspired by tales of the dragon Deathwing's metal armor, Velius crafted his own armor from saronite, and grafted it directly onto his flesh, using refined liquid saronite to seal the bond.
    Further information on the Twilight's Hammer of Northrend can be found here:

Twilight's Hammer of Northrend

I've also reworked another Northrend zone: The Grizzly Hills.

Grizzly Hills

* Venture Bay has been flooded by the Cataclysm. Goblins have switched from deforestation to offshore oil drilling, and D.E.H.T.A is not happy about it.
    * The Cataclysm has caused Granite Springs to expand into a large hot springs. The Zul'aman gang has left and goblins have set up Soft Springs Resort, a neutral quest hub. A number of Drakkari frost troll survivors are employed as servants.
    * More of Drak'Tharon Keep's un-instanced areas have been opened up. The Zul'Aman gang is all here, and ready to explore the troll ruins now that the Scourge has been largely cleared out. Scourge remnants remain in the Drak'Tharon Keep dungeon.
    * The Wolf Cult in the region has been surplanted by Amal'thazad's Death Cult. Plague Cauldrons are being shipped to areas throughout Grizzly Hills as Amal'thazad's forces plot to turn the area into a new Plaguelands.
    * The Drakuru questchain has been removed - a plot involving Death Cult infiltrators working for Amal'thazad will take it's place.
    * Blue Sky Logging Grounds has become an elaborate phased area. The Cataclysm has dammed Blue Sky River at the source, causing the river to dry up all throughout Grizzly Hills. The logging operation has been forced to shut down, but the Alliance and the Horde continue to battle.
    * Landslides have destroyed Amberpine Lodge. The nearby Blackriver Logging Camp is overrun with slimes and mindless undead.
    * Silverbrook has been taken over by Gilnean Worgen and become an Alliance town.
    * Frosthorn Mountain in the south has gone volcanic, becoming Firehorn Mountain. The surrounding area has been stained with ash and fire. The Horde have set up camp nearby.
    * Things have gone from bad to worse for the local furbolg. The corruption of Yogg-Saron has continued to spread despite the Old God's defeat at Ulduar. Undying tendrils infest the region around Grizzlemaw, and the furbolg within are mutating into horrible monsters. Heart's Blood Shrine has expanded into a neutral quest hub where friendly furbolg seek help dealing with their troubles.
    * The Twilight's Hammer have occupied Dun Argol. They are experimenting with the Iron Dwarf weapon forges.
    * The eastern coast has been flooded. Mountain giants are warring with sea giants and naga.
    * Shadowfang Tower has been taken by Gilnean Worgen and become an Alliance quest hub. The Death Cult has infiltrated the town and is attempting to spread the Plague of Undeath.
    * The Twilight's Hammer have occupied Thor Modan to salvage the Iron Dwarf artifacts there.
    I've added some storyline stuff and expanded the galleries in the other reworked Northrend zones. If anyone's interested, check 'em out - links are in the OP and in my sig.

Next zone will be Zul'Drak, and all the crazy troll shenanigans that it has.

Quote Originally Posted by A Forum Troll View Post
    How about Wrath of the Cataclysmic Nerubian Crusade?
    Hmm, tempting. Lot of people aren't thinking the name is epic enough. Maybe 'Spider Kingdom' will just be 'Patch 0' and the whole thing'll be called something else.

Might be appropriate seeing as how there's gonna more to explore than just Azjol-Nerub...

Quote Originally Posted by Drooly View Post
    pretty nice concept art
    Thanks! More to come.

Deleted
    Very, very good idea.

Wow, great job.

Deleted
    jfsdhvvmvdf,bmb,.bldb gfnj.... sorry... i need new pants.. and a keyboard

10+ Year Old Account
    A legion of SPIIIIDERS!!!
    "I see nothing. I hear nothing. I taste victory."

"Trolling (verb): speaking your honest opinion." - you know who