Thread: Lucky stories!

Page 32 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My favorite rare mount story is probably getting my Azure Drake from Maly 10. I'd gone in there for the weekly not knowing they had changed it with H Oculus/blue drake. We killed it and I saw the Reins of the Azure Drake. My eyes popped out of my head, and I opened my bags to see if I had the gold to buy it off the winner (My dice... ohhh, my dice /sadface). We roll on the drake, I of course lose. So I whispered the winner I'd buy it for 20k. He told me he had already accepted an offer of 15k. I raised my offer to 30k. After a bit he agreed and we met outside the instance. Little did I know, a guildie had been in the instance on an alt in another guild and had been trying to buy it for me knowing I am a hardcore mount collector. /shame

Deleted
    i have no "really" rare mounts on my Main. Though whilst leveling my Dk alt in Uldum, NPC Scan threw up a "Mysterious Camel-Figurine," flew to it, clicked it, was ported killed it got the mount, and once the FoS & Title comes in 4.1 he will forever be known as Thundin the Camel-Hoarder!

I farmed Time Lost Proto Drake for a good three weeks in WotLK. Then on my birthday at four in the morning, being intoxicated, I flew that way and there it was. I dragged him to the mountain, killed, and got the best flying mount! (of the time).

Went with a group of 8 people. Al'ar dropped, I won with a 47 roll. People were pretty pissed at me, as anyone who won one of the rarest items in game with a 47 roll would. I still do Kael'thas every week with 3 friends since I solo 3/4 bosses for gold.

Guild was doing Ulduar Yogg 0 every week to get Mimirion heads. The guy who helped organized the raids has had crappy rolls and finally rolled a 98. I rolled a 99. Initially I was going to pass but then I realized that if I did that I may never get a high roll ever and there were a ton of people who still needed the mounts and if the guy wanted he can have it passed to him (Which he did when Blizzard announced that Mimi's head was going to be a rare chance in 4.0.3a).

Been camping this clown casually for about 7 months. By casually I mean once I did my Argent Crusade dailies, I would afk with npc scan for an hour or so while I was doing other stuff like working out, cleaning my room, reading, etc. One day I strolled by Bor's Breath and I saw like 8 people there so I figured a respawn was due soon. A priest tried to gank me but failed and after I killed him I mounted back up and BOOM TLPD spawns out of the mountain. I tagged him in mid air with a Soulburn Soulfire and killed him in 5 seconds. The second I looted him like 4 guys landed on the ledge including that same lame priest.

Started to solo Skadi ever since the 4.0.1 changes went through and Warlocks got some nice buffs like Felstorm. Was a pain at level 80 (25 min runs) so I decided to take a break. Came back after Cata launched and finally got it.

150 something kills on this clown. I started to farm with a druid friend for about 2 months and I solo'd him once 4.0.1 hit and Anzu was a regular spawn there. Eventually it dropped.

I knew about this mount during the Cata beta and I wanted to be the first guy to get it. But when Cata launched I wanted to be one of the first 85's so we can get geared for raids asap so I eventually forgot all about it. I camped on and off, never saw a spawn. Eventually a guildie got it at 9am in the morning so I headed there about 2 days later (Since a solid respawn timer est is 3 days). Camped for 16 hours and it spawned sat morning. I was afk playing MGS4 and I heard Npcscan go off. I raced to it, passing a poor guy on a slow 150% mount and mounted it and killed it.

Other mounts:

ZG Raptor - Got it 3 kills after watching a video on youtube for Ulduar geared demo locks
    Sea Turtle - Over 9000 fish casts -_-
    Grand Black War Mammoth - Bought it off a winner for 3k gold. I would have bad 5 times that much lol.
    Green Protodrake - 3rd egg
    Baron mount - Around 150 kills
    Swift White Hawkstrider - Friend helped me out back when it wasn't easy to solo. 4 kills or so.

---------- Post added 2011-04-19 at 08:13 PM ----------

Update!

After like, over a year of kills (^_^)

I got my ZG tiger & raptor mount within 6 runs of each other, and I had only been farming them for about 2 months. I feel lucky, considering how many people farmed those two mounts for years. I got my sea turtle 'by accident' when I was fishing the Dark Herring (never got the Herring though); whereas my partner fished his sea turtle up on his first cast - there always has to be someone! I think I got my White Hawkstrider on my 2nd or 3rd run, didn't take long for that one to drop at all. I used to farm for the others, but I don't play as much nowadays.

Only two I'm particularly proud of.
    White Hawkstrider - got it after only 7 runs, pissing off my girlfriend who has been farming it for over a year.
    Vitreous Stone Drake - Not sure how many runs it was at the time I got this, but was early January. Wasn't exactly expecting to ever see it (considering having never seen Blue Proto). Beat girlfriend on roll. She mad, still talks about it to this day.

Oh, and I got the Sea Turtle without even really wanting it, was just out fishing for the guild achievement to get the feast. Again, mad and jelly girlfriend.

Unfortunately, I still don't have anything that's particularly cool. I'm just waiting for my Raven Lord and I'll be happy forever.
    Last edited by Vladilena; 2011-04-26 at 01:48 PM.
    « DOr shar'adore da shando! » ♥

« Vladka | Ryska | Radka »

Deleted
    I got Invincible on our single LK 25 kill 1 day before they removed the 100 % drop

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladilena View Post
    Only two I'm particularly proud of.
    White Hawkstrider - got it after only 7 runs, pissing off my girlfriend who has been farming it for over a year.
    Vitreous Stone Drake - Not sure how many runs it was at the time I got this, but was early January. Wasn't exactly expecting to ever see it (considering having never seen Blue Proto). Beat girlfriend on roll. She mad, still talks about it to this day.
    Me and my boyfriend ran MgT for the White Hawkstrider a good number of times but he passed it to me when it dropped.

I solo'd normal Stonecore for my Vitreous Stone Drake but he knew how much I wanted it, and said if he ever saw it drop in HC Stonecore with me that he would probably need on it and then give it to me if he won.

He even helps me camp for Aeonaxx sometimes now.

Such a sweetie. ♥

Edit: Oh, and he spent almost 24 hours in total farming the Hyacinth Macaw for me!
    Last edited by mmocc5c312fa0d; 2011-04-26 at 01:52 PM.

So back before ZG was taken out, every 3 days I would run ZG with my friend's druid on my warr for the raptor mount. We ran it every lockout and it never dropped. So 1 week, we decide to run ZG on my lvl 60 mage and he would bring his DK. Well wouldn't you know it the raptor drops. I could have been nice for having him run me thru ZG for some 60 gear but I instead decided to roll on the mount just to piss him off, and I win it (he still hasnt forgiven me lol).

Then, one week before a Naxx raid back in early '09 I ran ZG on my pally, first time in there since Vanilla...the raptor drops, on my birthday nonetheless, thanks for the birthday present blizz!

Summer of '09, first Oracles egg I got the Green Proto Drake and first MGT run I got Swift White Hawkstrider both on my warr.
    Last edited by Bloodstone92; 2011-04-26 at 02:02 PM.

got my raven lord on my birthday

Looking for Vyragosa or Skoll for my LK Rare meta, and TLPD shows up. I break my chair in excitement. Mount 129, I think that was.

437 Baron Runs, I get my Baron Mount while killing every mob in the instance naked with my fists.

10+ Year Old Account
    "All I want is the damn Lightforge legs for my RP outfit..."
    *78 solo runs of Stratholme later*
    "I swear to bob, at this rate I'm gonna get the stupid horse before I ever get my Lightforge legs."
    *11 minutes later*
    You receive loot: [Deathcharger's Reins]
    *face. desk.*
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    "All I want is the damn Lightforge legs for my RP outfit..."
    *78 solo runs of Stratholme later*
    "I swear to bob, at this rate I'm gonna get the stupid horse before I ever get my Lightforge legs."
    *11 minutes later*
    You receive loot: [Deathcharger's Reins]
    *face. desk.*
    Will gladly trade any of my 4-5 drops of Lightforge Legs for that "stupid" horse. :P
    RNG is RNG... but I hate it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti
    No, they (new-gen gamers) are happy. Never happier than when they are crying loudly about the injustices of voluntary forms of entertainment.

Deleted
    On my way to Zul'Gurub on my rogue to do a mountrun while talking to my friend on what character to play once cataclysm hits, i really can't decide. So i come up with this thing that whatever character i get a Zul'Gurub mount on first is going to be my main in Cataclysm. About 15 mins later the tiger i've been dreaming about for years drops

May also add that 3 days after the ZG tiger dropped i got the headless horseman reins, and 3 days after the horse dropped i went ZG again to try my luck on the raptor mount and guess what Yeeeeah

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgot one... the very last day before it was removed:

"Well, I need to do one or two more heroics to get the heirloom bow for my new hunter. Who's the closest to having enough... Orc shaman it is."
    "Urgh, Oculus, half the group is gonna ditch and I'm gonna spend all day in queue just to get this done..."
    "Yay, finished! ...OMFG. And I don't even HAVE epic flight on this toon yet..."
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have any yet. But by Saturday I'll have the rusted proto, bloodbathed, kimgslayer, shattered sun title, starcaller on my Tauren warrior named sunbreaker. I'm excited
    Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacre mercenaire." ("Long live death, long live war, long live the cursed mercenary.)

Was on and off farming for Anzu since it came out in BC, in early Wrath was paying Druids to run me, but they quickly got tired of doing so.

During the ICC era, bought a friend her epic flying so she could do the quest and summon Anzu for me, and got the mount after about 2 weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine was very tradgic, there was this rogue called No in one of the top 25 guilds in the world and like 4th on oceanic anyways so he was geared, u kno type of guy 500k gold every mount possible every legendary...server firsts just an overall nerd, lols anyways his like lfm TK mount drops /roll winner gets 55k, then his like if it drops ill give you 25 "his a friend" ontop of the 55k, so i went and what do you kno, the bitch drops the mount and No Wins the 55k roll but gives me 35k so I went there seen a mount i've never seen drop in 7years of wow, and get 35k I was pretty happy... but pissed off cus it was my 100th kael'thas kill aswell, checked in my statistics ironic right.

I got the White Hawkstrider the 10th time I ran Magisters Terrace. My friend got it after doing it every day for a month and a half. So I guess luck was on my side, only having to do it 10 times. Now the 150+ runs of Sethekk Halls and still no mount....
    Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    Finally someone uses the Second Amendment for what it was meant for: Shooting people who do stuff you don't like.

Only "rare" mount I ever got was the one out of VoA =(