Thread: Lucky stories!

Page 79 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Back in Cata I quit WoW for a few months.
    My char was logged out in Deepholm - and the first time I logged in again after this time, I spawned directly next to Aeonaxx.
    I really laughed out loud IRL.

10+ Year Old Account
    4th Alys kill and rolled 99 on Flametalon.

3 seconds after winning it

"WTB dat mount 600k"

Deleted
    i was given the raptor and panter from the new ZG by a friend who won them in a random hc run back then (and no she didn't have them herself), i have to say i'm rather gratefull to her for those

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allitia View Post
    i was given the raptor and panter from the new ZG by a friend who won them in a random hc run back then (and no she didn't have them herself), i have to say i'm rather gratefull to her for those
    Wow.. I wish I had friends like that!

Deleted
    I was farming ZG solo on my Druid every day since Patch 4.3, which meant I had over 50 solo kills of the Panther boss, with no mount drops. Then one day I run it with a friend, not expecting anything to drop. We kill Kilnara, and the Panther drops. Then my friend says "I don't want it, you can have it, just give me the next dungeon mount that drops!" and passed it. I won it with a roll of 2!

Normally I'm not lucky with mounts though, I've lost the Firehawk from Rag more times than I have fingers

I use to do the Original ZG on my Shaman and my Druid weekly with my boyfriend's Rogue and Druid. One day he went into ZG on his druid and got the Raptor. Naturally I was pissed because he already had it on his Rogue and I had 0 ZG mounts. So since Shaman were squish and he already had the Raptor on his Rogue we did it together. The Raptor didn't drop, but the Tiger did. He let me have it because I was mad about his alt getting the Raptor. Then I decided I would test my luck on my Druid... the Raptor dropped.

So within a 30 minute period we got 3 mounts from ZG. Two Raptors and one Tiger. Probably the best mount luck we've had in the game.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 04:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scoliopteryx View Post
    Another lucky one (probably even better I guess) was when I was randomly checking the AH one time and saw a Spectral Tiger for 700g buyout, yes 700g and insta brought it ^^
    I hope you flipped that shit.

haha I remember douing ZG, but never dropped ;(, that tiger is just imba.

Now to my little story. Couple of weeks ago, we were doing Heart of Fear and we needed to get more ranged in: Since my buffs weren't really needed, I sort of semi benched myself :P. I was very much full of adrenaline and in one of those moods, where you just wanto get it down finally and kill the boss.

Well, since the end of Wrath I had been steadily doing Onyxia's Lair. First with full groups on 25 and 10 every week, then my alt joined the fun of doing it, too. The groups slowly got smaller until I could finally solo it. So tried pretty steadily on and of, but no drops at all during Cata.

Well, that night Reins of the Onyxian Drake dropped, I know I kept screaming on TS omg, omg, thus effectly putting and end to my guilds current attempt. When I did link it in guild chat though, I got a lot of loving and my GL said: " Things happen for a reason .." Not very exiting story, but getting that mount after years, really felt like the end of a long journey. Still sometimes miss doing the lair :P

Headless Horseman mount-- before it was being passed out like candy in 2010?, I ran HHM nearly 500 times in one season. Yes, the math is accurate. I would get legitimate groups on 9 alts every.single.day. Each person was expected to summon and I participated as well in these. I would then 2-man it on my paladin with my better half's characters. He would then log on to his brother's characters and we would do it again. The day before the event ended, it finally dropped. Of course, I saw three or four for my alts the following year after I no longer cared.

ZG tiger-- I was extremely lucky. I got it in less than 20 runs, a few months before it was announced that ZG 20 would be getting removed. The axe throwers were the main annoyance but for Thekal, I had a gorilladin tank. My better half mana burned the shaman and I then kept viper sting on her so she could never heal (she only needed 25 mana to get a heal off IIRC). We went for Mandokir once, had a laugh when one of us /danced while being watched and was one-shotted then never bothered again. Not because he was hard but because, being Horde, neither of us had any interest in the raptor.

Raven lord-- I wanted it on my priest but since I couldn't zombie-mode through H Sethekk on him, I usually just went in on the paladin. The pally got it after around its 30th run. The rogue, also being speedy, went in next-- 6 or 7 kills. Finally, my priest got one somewhere around the 25th run.

White hawkstrider-- Took 4ish characters in daily. Maybe two weeks worth of runs before it dropped on my druid. Account-wide mounts had been announced so I called it at that.

Twilight and black drakes-- PUG strong-arms for 3D. Nothing special.

Azure drake-- I was capable of soloing Maly at 85 on my DK (struggling on my hunter because of the pet bug). My better half joined me again to help push it along and it dropped on our 4th run (7th for the character). I'd gotten the blue when it was moved to Oculus.

Green proto-- Got it from a tanking satchel

Blue proto-- Was hitting H UP on every character. My warrior got it on its second run.

violet proto-- earned What a Long, Strange trip on 10 characters. Because I was way too cheap to buy 310 for anyone. Spread out over three years. The Children's Week PvP achievements were my favorite part. (yes, I'm serious-- I love all the PvP nubs who stumble in)

TLPD-- Camped for a little over two weeks. 18 Vyra kills (3 missed while offline for sleep; confirmed by Azure helm loots in the armories of others I'd seen). I was the only one camping a spawn spot so I had a huge advantage (my shaman at FL to intercept 3/4 and my better half's shaman at Brunn to catch that one). Others, being clueless, seldom knew anything had happened as I would skin Vyra immediately then hang around a bit to throw off the scent. Around 3 a.m. the last day, TLPD, patted down from the waterfall spawn to FL.

Aeonaxx-- I put in maybe five days with nothing. I logged in one evening after being offline for 20 min. and there he was. Just below my camp. I clicked to mount and. . .he was already engaged. I tried to fire off a tag with parachute up but he was already grey. Annoyed, I set up autohotkey and a Mimiron targeting macro so I could camp without logging. It struck gold two days later, waking me around 9 a.m. I hopped on, completely out of it, but killed him easily. A month later, I was doing some dailies and he zipped by engaged. Grats to some alliance druid. Six hours after that, my NPCscan goes off. I assume it's broken but sure enough, there's Aeonaxx on NW2. I engage him on my hunter and tell my better half to bring his priest. He logs and we coordinate a tagging spot, I invite him to the group and set the loot to free-for-all. He lands a DoT, complaining the mob is grey to him but that he's stuck in combat. By now, a decently sized posse is following me around, probably wondering why I'm not doing anything. I drop Aeo in front of the priest who then loots his own PSD. He's not a mount collector but it beats most of his others.

There are others but meh.

Occasionally, I'll head into TK but I honestly couldn't care less if I ever see the phoenix. Ony though. . .been trying for years. Saw one on BMAH, threw 200k at it, and a few hours later, bids were out of my league. Bummer.

I don't have many rare mounts... I got the Amani Battle Bear back in the day.

However, my shining piece in my mount collection would have to be the Thundering Ruby Cloud Serpent (Alani) that I procured earlier today. Got a Skyshard one day while doing dailies in October and looked it up, figured "hey why not, let's try for ten." After four straight hours of farming I had acquired two more. The next day I got one in my Treasures of the Vale. Farmed on and off for a few weeks (nothing crazy), and wound up at seven.

Then 5.1 came, and with it, came the nerf. It took me two months of on-and-off farming to collect the three shards I needed. Two of those three came within 2 hours of eachother. Today, at around 1:00PM EST, Alani met her demise just east of Whitepetal Lake.

Edit - Oh, and a White Hawkstrider from a Satchel!
    Last edited by Breimann; 2013-01-27 at 11:02 PM.

I went to Onyxia's lair, I killed Onyxia on my Rogue, the mount did not drop.
    I went to Onyxia's lair, I killled Onyxia on my Monk, the mount drops, I spasm over guild chat and appear to have a fit, I flaunt my mount off to everyone, they get pissed off.
    The End

Deleted
    Got couple of 'em, guess I'm pretty lucky considering that I only farmed them on 1 character (with exception of 80 warlock that is able to solo kara 1st boss)

-Hawkstrider - my first rare mount. About 10 runs.
    -Raven Lord - this one was a bitch. 120 runs, dropped 9/24 - 2 hours before MoP went live
    -Red AQ thingy - well solo'ed trash in one rep run. I guess it counts as a rare mount, gives an achievement even. Most useless rare mount ever tho.
    -Ashes of Al'Ar - 30 runs, many of them at 85 with others (without reserve). Dropped on my 8th solo run @ 90, november 10 or smth
    -VoA mammoth - December 24 drop, solo run
    -Azure Drake from EoE - propably luckiest drop, won need roll against 6 other people.

Tried grinding Cata 5 mans now, to no avail though.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwetz View Post
    1st solo attempt in TK, got Ashes
    2nd attempt soling TK, got Ashes.
    Doing sethekk halls for pilgrim title, got Raven Lord.
    Something about birds...

Friend of mine gets his onyxia dragon.
    I joke around, telling him "I go get it myself now."
    Went ony. Mount drops.

Al'ar dropped 2nd solo-run.
    Raven lord: 4 runs.
    Rivendares Deathcharger: during farming argent dawn rep.
    Attumens mount: 3rd kill with our guild in bc.
    grand black war mammoth: dropped in a pug during wotlk. I bought it from the winning guy for 2k.

I also posses both old zg mounts.
    Last edited by WurstKaeseSzenario; 2013-01-28 at 02:43 AM.

My brother has been farming Anzu for a couple months on four different toons. I log and run it once and the mount drops.

I'm still waiting on my epic mount story /sadface

I was running Sethekk Halls on my DK for a Raven Lord run, wasn't expecting to get it. As I was working my way through I was thinking "Well shit, I may as well farm this for Tailoring/Enchanting", Then it dropped and I squealed like a little girl, I was in vent so it didn't go unheard. Haha.

Deleted
    One day I decided to level my fishing. Fished up the sea turtle after about 20 mins of fishing in Twilight Highlands. One of my guildies, who had been fishing like mad after it, was not amused...

Also got the love rocket during last years Love is in the air, got Ashes very quickly (to be fair I duo'ed it on like 6 chars every week), won the first Firehawk from Raggy we ever had drop, the first DW hc mount, the Onyxian drake. I got the HH mount the year it dropped for everyone and their grandma, ofc on the shittiest, least played char I had. Thank god for BoA mounts.

It did however take me quite a while to get the Karazhan mount and the Raven Lord if I'm not mistaken (ended up having several though). Atm I'm obsessed with farming for the Alysrazor mount and considering starting on the ZG panther or the Deathcharger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Killed Only for like the 30th time, mount dropped. Ported to Borean Tundra, killed Malygos, no mount. Went to VoA on a whim (had 20 minutes til battle began), killed first boss, mount dropped. Ported to Blade's Edge, went to TK and killed KT for the umpteenth bazillion time, mount dropped. All three same day. >.<

Got The Immortal Achiev and thus my Black Proto-Drake mount on the last week before they were removed. Never had that much tension on Kel'thuzad.

oh and before they made mounts account wide, i had Raven Lord on 7 chars, 5 of which were on their first kill, most awesome was my orc shaman, got it when he was lvl 67 lol.
    Last edited by Halsynd; 2013-01-28 at 05:33 AM.
    Bleh

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the White Hawkstrider on my first try. No drops on neither Raven Lord nor Ony mount.
    Black Lives Matter