Thread: Lucky stories!

Page 81 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got Onyxian Drake while on Skype with a friend like 3 weeks ago. My friend got an earful of joyful shouting. Got the azure drake a week later and now I use that instead, despite it being a bit less rare. The azure drake just goes so well with my armor.

Back during WOTLK, I farmed the crap out of Kara for the mount on my hunter (main). No luck. The one time I bring in my paladin (alt), the mount drops. I cursed a shitstorm in vent with my friend who just laughed.

Thank goodness it became an account-wide mount.

One day during Wrath I decide to try and solo Kara on my druid. I ask a friend (who loved collecting mounts) to sit in a group with me for a sec so I can try and the horse drops on my first kill. Friend was pissed, but man was I happy.

This story I think is like truely hitting the lotto. You see my Gf really likes the Aeonaxx mount and i was farming it on my toon. i zone in to deeplholm for another 12- hr camp shift and the moment i get there bam npc scan goes off and i fly over to it. I manage to summon my gf there and let her get the mount. mind you we got into a bad fight the night before and this mount sort of helped chip the ice lol fuckin pixels ftw!. it felt like lightning stuck cause what are the odds of having enough time to log on and get there and not get hijacked.

Mimirons Head: I used to run pug ulduar clears for my whole server on weekends with open rolls mainly to get ppl the achieve drakes and when mims head dropped the whole raid group was generous enough to pass it to me. I didn't even ask for it they all thanked me for the great run and wanted me to have it for the weekly runs i put together as a thank you. good pug groups do exist when you can manage to keep things light hearted and fun.

Level 85 druid running random normal cata dungeons back in t13 for the lulz... got the vitreous stone drake from Slabhide - much to the chagrin of one of my closest friends, who had been farming that dungeon for weeks. (She has since acquired the drake. I helped her farm the dungeon out of guilt)

Better story imo:
    Idling in Storm Peaks, not camping TLPD. Some hunter yells at me that this was "his camping spot" and I need to leave... About half an hour later, I get tired of annoying the guy with my continued presence.... so I leave and go do my Brunnhildar daily for the polar bear. Finish, no bear (again). Fly back over the spot where that hunter was, and... NPCScan goes off, alerting me to the TLPD. Its corpse was on a rather steep cliff - completely unreachable for looting. Being the extremely forgiving hunter that I am, I invite the hunter to a party and tell him to wait there. I fly to Dalaran, go straight to the Auction House, buy him the Glyph of Fetch and a Tome of Getriddathisglyph, and fly back. I give him both items, free of charge. This guy is now flying around on his TLPD... and I'm pretty sure he never thanked me. Ah well, I suppose I do it for the warm fuzzy feelings...

So I was just reading this thread, and it inspired me to start grinding for the Rivendare's Deathcharger mount. So I said "I'm really going to dedicate to this!" and I just did my second run.. and it dropped oh my god I'm so happy
    Clarity & Stache

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got outrolled 24 times on invincible, was the 25th person from my raid group to get it.

First Flametalons of alyzrazor drops, roll 100.

I decided I wanted Rivendare's Deathcharger one day, so I went to start farming stratholme. I farmed for about 5 hours worth, and finally I was going to leave to my friend's for the weekend. I was leave in about 10 minutes, so I said "ok I'll just do one more before I leave for the weekend" and then, boom! It dropped! I had such a good car ride over there

Another, I was doing ZG with my brother our friend and my Grandma on thanksgiving (yes she plays wow, avidly). She wasn't at our house having dinner with us that year, but we were all doing ZG as a way of spending time together. It was just as the food was ready and the table was getting set, and my stomach was ready, then we killed the tiger boss, and the mount dropped! I had been farming it for a long time, I said "I'll give 2k if anyone wins the roll" (which to us at the time was a lot). Luckily I won it, and had a big grin on my face as I ate thanksgiving dinner, with my brother shooting daggers at me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nezgral View Post
    Got outrolled 24 times on invincible, was the 25th person from my raid group to get it.

First Flametalons of alyzrazor drops, roll 100.
    GG of your raid group killing him 25 resets in a row

For me, I have got lucky lately.

The most important one for me being Ashes, after 50 or so solos on my DK; i became bored and did it on my mage instead, during Firelands.

Was tough, and much harder to pull off, but it dropped on my second kill, was so happy!
    Last edited by mmoc909dfd26c8; 2013-01-29 at 07:38 AM.

Deleted
    Got ashes after 4 weeks on my new account, had many on old tho.

15+ Year Old Account
    Heard about the Swift Zulian Tiger, my friend was farming it for 2 years and read on Wowhead people spend equal time.

I tought, lets start the weekly grind > went in, killed boss and dafuq i have the drop, never went in there again

TLPD, been camping from start till 2 days before Cata launched, camping spots finding out routes etc for like 5-10 hours a day > and alot of days.

Gave up, had to go to Ulduar for last Wotlk raid, and dafuq it just spawned in my face > killed it and love it still.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Deleted
    Got my ashes on my 6th kill, and I didn't even care about it that much, still happy though :P

Soloed stonecore a lot in cata when i was bored trying to get the mount there. Finally after 543 runs the mount dropped for me. Decide to go do vortex pinnacle, mount drops on 6th run. RNG is a really big sucker for me 240 runs for onyxia over 200 on each of the new zg bosses with no mount but saw 3 ashes in 12 runs doing that with friends lol.

I got Rivendare's Reins on the first run of Strathholme on my DK, (It was 2 runs if you include the run my brother did on my character to show me how the "The Guantlet" part is done.)
    If you are reading this, Congratulations you have nothing better to read

15+ Year Old Account
    i was a noob back in TBC, during my first raid run ever, I got into a kara pug and attumens steed dropped, i was 1 of 2 people in the run that wasnt a guildee and i rolled 100 for the mount! Im sure alot of people were mad at me that run but hey, i was there for the kill so i earned it. Farmed the raven lord and white hawkstrider during cata for about 4months doing both heroics every lockout, finally 1 day i went to do both heroics and boom they both dropped on the same day. It was amazing. And finally I decided to start farming ashes of alar about 2 months ago and last night i went in and did something stupid that caused me to wipe(yea i know, a lvl 90 wiping on kael'thas, what a noob). So I was mad and as i ran back in i said to myself, this thing better drop since i just wasted my time on that wipe and of course it dropped! So I'm pretty lucky with rare mount drops. Oh also I think im one of the first people ever to fish up the sea turtle, i got it within a few days of it being put into the game. Im gonna try to link my achievment to show the date.
    Last edited by gutnbrg; 2013-01-29 at 11:54 AM.

Deleted
    I was lucky to get the Onyxian Drake mount to drop last week, and this week i got Ashes of Al'ar. I remember the same thing happening with Raven lord and Fiery Warhorse from kara, i guess that was my reward for 150 Raven lord runs. I also got Swift Zulian Tiger on my second run.
    Last edited by mmoce1d4aa0cd7; 2013-01-29 at 09:05 PM.

Hmm rare mounts you say? stories you say? I farmed then farmed some more then something cool happened then i farm some more. two years later i was still farming. then it droped. the end

FARMING FOR DAYS

10+ Year Old Account
    Got my Kara mount and ony mount in the same week. Super lucky week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    71 kills at LK 25m hc...no dropp as off yet G_G
    got 21 kills saw it drop 21 times <: them olden times <3

Quote Originally Posted by roflzore View Post
    got 21 kills saw it drop 21 times <: them olden times <3
    18 kills seen it drop 18 times... HI5!