Thread: Lucky stories!

Page 94 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    around 140 kills forLK 25m hc , going in tonight again and godamn hope it dropps=D

10+ Year Old Account
    Second try for Ashes, Back in Wotlk I got Polar bear after not being able to kill Skadi. Got Blue proto day after.
    Green proto after 2 weeks. Azure drake after 3 attempts, blue drake from a random tank satchel.

Deleted
    Best moment was during MoP. A mate of mine got Ashes of A'lar on a Tuesday which irritated me as I did farm it a fair bit back in Wrath. So the next day I thought I'll do it, not having done it since early Cata, and it dropped. I was stunned to say the least. So I said to my guildies, while my luck was still up, I'd go and do Onyxia's lair to see if it dropped and one guildie said that if it dropped, he would just gquit as he'd been trying to get for a long time. Lo' and behold, it dropped.
    It was a great day.

Deleted
    Not fully rare mount story, but I made a post 2 weeks ago about getting invincible and I think I would share some more luck 2 Legendarys in the same week (First time I killed KJ on my hunter, EVER)

Notice date (Not "Why? Because it's red")
    Last edited by mmoce994820d54; 2013-04-16 at 03:26 PM.

While I was doing my daily heroic runs of Utgarde Pinnacle during WotLK for the the Blue Proto drake (I love proto-drakes):

So one day, I get into a group who is just before the boss that has the chance to drop the Blue proto.
    I was still buffing the group and saying hello, they were fighting the small pack just before the boss.
    So as I was buffing (note that I am less than 1 minute in the group) I say in party chat:
    "Hey guys, thank you for being here to witness me getting the blue proto drake."
    None of them said anything (awkward!!!!)
    Then we fight the boss and the blue proto drops.
    Everyone rolls, but I win it. (still quiet in party chat)
    Then I say: "Told ya so!" and finally they started gz'ing me and laughing.

What are the odds!!!
    (and no, I don't say that every time I enter a dungeon where I want a mount to drop...that was the first time I said it and it worked....needless to say I did try it multiple times after that, but ofc it never happened again)

Also, got the Green proto in my first egg (after explaining to my bro that it has a 1% chance to contain the proto.) At first I taught it was the pet...but when it hit me...OMG!! (it was my first proto)

Then again my luck failed me during my the wasted minutes trying for the Time-lost Proto.....the only time I saw that one, it was the corpse I think.
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

All I had left was Vyragosa for the "kill all teh rares in Northrend achieve". After a number of fruitless camping sessions I gave up. A week later I was doing the Argent Tourney daily and flying out to the pond via Storm Peaks and NPCScan went off. Got it, got the achieve.

Four days or so later I was doing another Argent Tourney daily, flying through Storm Peaks, and Time-Lost Protodrake appeared right in front of me. I was hitting it as NPCScan went off and got the only really rare mount I have to date.

I spent the past weekend farming Magister's to hit exalted for the shield. Finally got exalted on Monday, but decided last night to do a quick run before raid for the mount.

Loot the last boss when I see "Swift White Hawkstrider". I just kinda stared at it for a second. Yay chocobo!
    I also have the Orb and 2x Phoenix Hatchlings. I guess Magister's is good to me.

First time I killed Oondasta, I got the blue direhorn. The second time, I got a primal egg that hatched into a green raptor.

Now people hate me, but who needs friends when you have DINOSAURS!!!

The horridon mount dropped last night and I won it

10+ Year Old Account
    The day the whole "tanking satchel/healing satchel" reward for random dungeons came up, like the first hour actually. I got the swift white hawk strider in my bag, it made me smile

Other than that I have HORRID luck with anything in this game bahah, still love the game though XD

Wish they would bring the old ones back from vanilla!

In the past two weeks I've gotten Raven lord, Blue proto, Onyxian drake and the one from Stonecore.

I also got another blue drake. For the fourth time ever >_>

Anyone know if Azure drake drops off 10man because it really doesn't seem like it

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    In the past two weeks I've gotten Raven lord, Blue proto, Onyxian drake and the one from Stonecore.

Anyone know if Azure drake drops off 10man because it really doesn't seem like it
    seen Azure drake drop from 10man at least 2 times. The Blue one has higher drop rate, so just hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post

I just got mine from 10 man, so I guarantee it exists. That was my latest rare mount and the fiery Warhorse was about 2 months ago, still no Ony or Ashes, but I've upped my total of characters running them... SOON!
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

I had run kara I think twice before for the mount and not in a while and was at the time talking to my buddy on skype about the mount off attune and low and behold it dropped. Pretty Ironic and lucky.

Here is my raven lord story believe it or not

A friend of mine in the guild goes every day to farm it for a seriously long time, and then it finally dropped for him and he spammed the living shit of it, so i decided to go give it ONE TRY, and bam there it is

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got green proto drake on 6th or 8th egg, raven lord in 10 or 11 runs however ashes of al'ar over 12+ weeks of running the instance and no luck . Oh and also, azure drake on the 4th time I enter EoE instance, was 2manning it with a friend and then I realized that it dropped and I won it yet he was pissed but next week I decided to actually help him and he got blue drake instead of azure tho :P

I have been very lucky with ashes it dropped after about the 10th time and i got it and i have been running it with friends and everyone so gotten one so far so i have seen it drop 4 times Sometime i get whispers about ppl farming it for a very long time and i feel bad kus i seen it so many times!

10+ Year Old Account
    green proto 2 week of farming it. within the first month of wrath.

polar bear 8 day of dailies during the middle of icc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rarest mount I have at the moment would be Reins of the Vitreous Stone Drake from Stonecore.

Through Cata, I only saw it drop once and rolled the high number of 4 on it, which is usually my luck on mount drops. So not even thinking about it while leveling my Mage, it drops. This is my 3rd run through Stonecore on this toon and I think "it won't drop, nothing good has ever dropped for me here on three different toons". So we down Slabhide and sure enough it drops. I get excited and say out loud "here comes a roll of 9 or less", which to my surprise I rolled a 97 on it. I nearly came out of my chair, because I NEVER win mounts.

During BC I was about to log off one late night while playing my Shadow Priest when I see in trade chat "LF1M DPS, ZA Bear Run". I decided to message the person and was invited in. I had never done ZA before this so I was just trying to follow others as they were doing things. We manage to down the final boss with about 15 seconds left. I'm pretty pumped that we actually did it and was just happy to have been invited. So once we all loot, I ask if anyone else has the bear and everyone responded with "no". So I roll need like everyone else, and win it with a 81 I think. The Rogue in the group tears into me in chat saying "I was brought in this group specifically for this mount, you were just a PUG, you don't deserve it, etc etc". I found this funny because I murdered him in DPS during every fight, including trash. What was even funnier was the Rogue was in the same guild as the tank and healer, which I expected them to give me shit about it too. They finally told him if it wasn't for me they wouldn't of even been on this run, and to just deal with it until next week.

Point is, I won a highly wanted mount and that Rogue was left to sob while I was one of the few Shadow Priests on the server Horde or Alliance who had the mount.