Thread: Lucky stories!

Page 78 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Had Invincible drop while 4manning a few weeks ago.
    http://i.imgur.com/VUvWO.jpg

at home for summer from uni, pc in the living room. my mum was playing mario galaxy and couldn't do a boss so she asked me to do it half way through horseman fight in kara. she wanted it done there and then so i showed her what buttons to hit on my pally who was prot at the time. i finish her boss and she kills horseman and loots him (but doesn't roll) and sitting there at the top of the list is the mount.

and today (literally an hour ago) decided to go do my weekly TK runs before continuing farming wrathion rep on my priest, ashes drops been sat in orgrimmar afk with a big grin on my face since :P. kicker is a friend was online but logged off just before i was gonna ask if they wanted to come.

Killed attumen, fiery warhorse dropped, the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    71 kills at LK 25m hc...no dropp as off yet G_G

1st solo attempt in TK, got Ashes

Consistently raided the kz during BC, first time it dropped during raid for our guild, i won put then passed it to our tank.
    Now during MoP Decided to do a run to help friend on chess, killed attunement in my lockout and mount finally dropped.

15+ Year Old Account
    Swift Zulian Tiger from Zul'Gurub during classic.

Won the roll and I didn't even have the riding skill required for it (150) yet. Everyone in vent was like "Is he still riding a pony? I wish I had a Ferrari without a license."

Lulz were had.

I have an old school mount...the normal unarmored palomino from 2004 lol...used to play a lot more back before any xpac.

I used to farm Sethekk Halls everyday on my Druid throughout Wrath. Sometime mid-Cata I ran it one time on my Hunter, who had become my main, and the Raven Lord dropped. Months of farming on my Druid and nothing. One day on my Hunter and Bam! /sigh

The one reason I was glad that mounts became account wide. I have my Hunter that is my mount toon. Has a lot of rares. On my druid I got the Drake that drops off Utgard Pinnacle, won it twice, both times I gave it to friends that I was with since it was us two and 3 pugs. So I did have to go back and farm it in cata days on my hunter.
    The other one was the Mammoth out of Vaults. I saw it drop a few times on my pally but I generally didn't roll on it when I was with my guild since that wasn't my mount toon. Well one time when I was in a PUG, I rolled and won. Once the mounts being account wide was announced, I was glad I didn't have to try and farm that one on my Hunter.

Did HMGT everyday for 3 and a half months finally got it on my main early last year. Got both brewfest mounts on the same day last year on different characters. Actually just got the flame talon of alysrazor 2 nights ago while running for some transmorg stuff.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by McLockhart View Post
    I was gathering herbs in Storm Peaks on my paladin back in WotLK. I then saw a proto-drake coming at me and thought it was gonna attack me. So I killed it and noticed about five minutes later that I had this mount in my inventory. Turned out to be the TLPD.

I also helped a friend in Stratholme back in early WotLK. I told him I'd only boost him if I could get the mount, should it drop. It dropped on the first kill. He then tried to ninja it but failed. I've never seen someone that pissed before.

Finally I was healing heroic ZG on my druid back in 4.1. Both of the mounts dropped in there and I won both. The group demanded I handed over one of the mounts. I refused and got kicked from the dungeon 0o
    Haha I would have done the same. I'm lenient about passing up gear, but bloodthirsty when it comes to mounts.

Well I have a few stories. In wrath I hit max level during ToC. I joined my first "real" raiding guild and we were doing VoA 10 man to try out some new players and the Mammoth dropped. Had no idea it was a rare mount let alone a multiple passenger and won the roll. I finally got enough gold to afford the swift flight form so I did the quest and no luck. The next day I was having horrible internet problems brought a friend in to kill 'em with me I dc'd logged back in the raven lord dropped rolled need and won because he rolled greed lol. While leveling the first day Cata came out I was in Deepholme and I saw a rare spawn dragon flying around had no idea what it was so I rode it. I didn't read the text on the screen and was just killing whelps confused for about 5 minutes and accidently tab attacked Aeonaxx and decided to just kill him. Got server first 90 druid as well! Lastly the second week of cata I downloaded NPC scan and was flying to do ToTFW and I see a camel figurine and it teleports me and I get the camel as well. I'm pretty lucky

Got Ashes of Al'ar after 99 runs in total through my characters.

Been running Firelands, Alysrazor (solo) since HoF was released got the mount a couple of weeks ago

A month before pandaria or so, when the last big patch had been released DKs could solo the raptor boss in ZG when using the Purgatory talent, used that until Pandaria release and got the mount, dropped for me once before when I was duoing the boss but I lost the roll. Still haven't had the panther drop after about 200 kills, had the same luck with the tiger and the old raptor.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwetz View Post
    1st solo attempt in TK, got Ashes
    I second this although i was with 4 others, and I won, man they were pissed!

Deleted
    I killed a boss and the mount that is rare dropped and I rolled and I won.

Infracted
    Last edited by mmocaf2cfee3ee; 2013-01-25 at 08:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    my brother and i were pretty hardcore ZG farmers back in the day (before it was closed) and on the same day we got both the tiger and the raptor! (I won the tiger, he the raptor)

and just for S&Gs last night we went into ZG for the first time since doing it once when it was re-released in cata... and I got the raptor! haha no panther for him we'll have to keep farming it!
    ~Don't just rage the day away, try new things!~
    Warcraft: Shando - <FoE> - 110 Druid - Turalyon-US
    http://foeturalyon.enjin.com <Foe> Website, check us out!
    http://www.twitch.tv/shandi235 live stream my guild's raids, other stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss both Zul'gurub's. But i got Ashes on my 36th attempt, Raven Lord on my 5th, the Hawkstrider in a run for fun, Fiert Warhorse after 40 attempts, Deathcharger after 50 attempts, Grand Black War Mammoth after 8 VoA clears, Red Battle Tank while waiting for a summon for ICC,
    And of course, both brewfest epic mounts and Headless'.

..However, after 100+ clears, i still miss Stonecore mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm lets see the best mount story I have is when I was maining my druid. It was somewhere between Cata and Wrath and I wanted the raven lord mount I wanted it bad. So, I spent a week trying to get that thing to no avail. I told myself when the week was up that I wold forget about the mount and and get back to every thing else I needed to do. A day or so later I was tanking a dungeon and got a tank bag low and behold the Raven Lord was in there. Also I snagged the Blue Proto-drake from a bag in the next dungeon queue.
    I'll do something witty and clever in this box one day...

Deleted
    My mount story is fairly simple. Running through MSV hc farm with my guild as an offspec moonkin, the Elegon mount drops. I roll 87 and win the mount, to the great anger from my raid group. To this day... I do not even use it, as I am a druid and prefer flight form. It's only use is to show off in shrine and make my raid team jealous .
    Last edited by mmocceb9783085; 2013-01-25 at 10:34 PM.