Thread: Lucky stories!

Page 82 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think my first rare mount story was back in wrath when I started to farm ZG for the mounts. After just a few runs with a ret pally (I'm a mage), we saw the raptor drop and I won that. About a month later, ZG was about to reset and we hadn't run ZG yet and my friend wasn't on, so I found a random bear tank to go with me. I told him if the raptor dropped he would get it since I already got it. He said "oh ok cool, well then if the tiger drops I won't roll on it too, just to be fair". no raptor, but the tiger dropped! I told him that he could roll against me since I wouldn't have had a chance to run it before reset if he hadn't helped me. He told me "nah man, I told you I wouldn't roll on it, grats". sure enough he didn't roll on it, so I got the raptor and tiger within about a month of each other. a few days later, I found a guy that sold me the blizzard bear mount for only 5k.

Since then, I hadn't had much luck. finally got my white strider, then a few months later got my raven lord. didn't really farm the kara mount much, randomly went one day by myself in cata and it dropped. I occasionally would pester a friend who had ashes to help me get it in cata. we did it a few weeks but then kind of stopped. I asked him one day to go do it with me, we were just talking casually in vent when I hear him go "ohhhh shiiii--" and I was like "oh what did it not drop aga....oh...it dropped, nice." no one to compete against for ashes. just two nights ago our raid got called early so I told me friend "hey lets go get you ashes" it was his first time in TK on that toon (he had been before, but never really farmed for ashes). sure enough, the bird drops for him.

I needed over 17 successful bear runs in Zul'Aman (4.1 version) to win the mount. Considering how many times I was rolling against only two or fewer players, this was extraordinarily unlucky. I wish I had taken notes on how many people I rolled against each time, but I didn't realize anything interesting was happening until I was well into the process.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ashes dropped on our very first Kael kill..I waited until everyone else rolled. Mage buddy rolled a 98 and thought he won it...I rolled a 100.

Server first riding around on mini-A'lar's back...oh the crowds in Shat...
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went to Magister's Terrace in WotLk. Never got a rare mount before. Never won one. Saw only a couple. Won the white chicken and the blood elf orb on my first run. I think it's because RNG psychically knew I didn't care about the mount. I wanted the phoenix pet. I accidentally did heroic mode... took me 9 tries to get the pet. Never got another rare thing based off of RNG again -.-

I ran ZG since the first time I saw the tiger mount (sometime around BC when I first stated playing) Every reset until it was taken out and never saw it drop, not much of a story just some RNG blues.

^ speaking of the phoenix pet, I saw the mount drop 3 times before I managed to get the pet, ran it once on heroic as a friend liked to tag along for the chance then did normal until I hit the ran too many instances wall.
    Last edited by K i s u; 2013-02-06 at 05:14 PM.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

I went rare hunting on the BMAH........saw the Vortex Pinnacle mount (north wind?).

Managed to put a 30k bid on without a single wipe and waited with baited breath for my sweet mount to drop.......

Opened my mail the next day to find......A blood soaked invitation Doh!!! (especially when I was already a member of the Brawlers Guild!!)

I got pretty lucky with Attumen, well, not lucky, i had been farming him for a long time but it dropped on my Birthday, still for the life of me cant get Green/BlueProto Drakes/white Hawk Strider/Raven Lord despite doing them at every chance. One funny thing about Rivendares mount was me and a guildie where racing each other to get it. one Night i got it and he wasnt online, the second he logged on vent i told him all about it.... He went and got it on the very same night too lol :/

i got 3 rare mounts in a single day lol

blue proto on my like 110th run, then lost proto later that night, then gray camel about 2 hours later lol

Deleted
    I remeber in early tbc.. me and a tank from guild and my friends little brother who was in the same house since i had my comp in his brothers room..well we went off to zg for the raptor boss. and i will state that this took some time with 1 tank 1 healer and a lowsy rogue..finally we killed him and the raptor drops. i remember i yelled DANIEL NEEDAR DU SÅ DÖR DU! in english. daniel if you need on it i will kill you! freighten of what i have said he greeded and i FUCKING won it... the warrior tank from my guild rolled 2 and i 4 xD so yeah lucky! Another story is about the setthek halls raven lord bird that i actually got my hand on last night! after like 150+ runs on several chars. been running it for 2 months everyday in cata got boored. then i started 2 months ago and have runned it on my paladin,warr and hunter everyday. and finaly it dropped!

feels kinda sad i wont be running setthek anymore=/

Deleted
    Yesterday!! It was THE DAY!!! A friend of mine came back to wow after a 3 month stop. 3 month ago we were farming ashes together and we managed to get it (both of us) in 6 kill. Yesterday, he finally came back to wow and I was talking to him in Skype and joking about his luck with the mount drop. So, I decided to give a shot to Onyxia!! 3 minutes laterI was flying on the coolest mount in the game. But...suddenly I realized that it was the right time to finally earn the FoS of Attumen mount. I told to my friend to stay in the exact position where he was when I was killing Ony and also to keep doing whatever he was doing! I went to kara in roughly 1.5 min.....made 1500k DPS on boss...looted him and obviously the mount was there!!
    BTW, after I went to EoE and Malygos didn’t drop the mount, but I was happy enough. And also I’ve farmed those 2 guys...I don’t even know how many times!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Only rare mounts I really have are the Drake from stonecore, and i got eh raven lord out of a loot bag.
    Was running EoE with my buddy, after 2 weeks, blue drake drops he wins, 2 weeks later, azure drake drops, he wins.
    I was soo pissed at him.

Got Rivendare's Charger on my second try a few years ago first rare mount I got

Few weeks ago I got Ashes of Al'ar after 11 tries and the week after I got Onyxian Drake. That same day the Blue Drake dropped from EoE, but I already had that one >.< Still hunting for the Azure!

Just the other day was doing Northrend dungeons for guild achievements. Im on vent and decide i will just take a FP up to ulduar so i can smoke while i wait... On vent i tell my friends... " watch this im going to take a flight path and the damn TLPD will spawn".... 15 secs into the flight... TLPD pops on NPC scan and im on a flight path...So i tell them exactly where it was but by that time it was too late. We are on a heavily populated server so it was gone quick... Also ive farmed Ashes and Ony for about 2 years now, lost Ashes twice... mind you when cap was 85 me and a friend who's a mount whore would do KT every week. I promised him the first and he got it, then one day we bring his wife in and that bitch won it... and learned it instantly... then says over vent " i guess i should have given that to tay huh"... /facepalm to broken noseville. Ive only seen Ony drop once so far though and lost that as well. At least i got the Black panther out of ZA ( i think thats the one, cat lady boss). love that mount

*And i fished up the sea turtle the other day. Right outside the shrine, 15 minutes after we happened to be talking about it on vent. Good times.
    Last edited by FloridaElement; 2013-02-08 at 03:58 PM.

Deleted
    Got Sha and Galleon mounts on the same day! :V

The first time I ran Magister Terrace on my pally I got the mount. I was actually looking for the pet, which dropped 2 days later.
    Not super rare, but I felt kinda lucky

Quote Originally Posted by noskillz View Post
    Got Sha and Galleon mounts on the same day! :V

The first time I ran Magister Terrace on my pally I got the mount. I was actually looking for the pet, which dropped 2 days later.
    Not super rare, but I felt kinda lucky
    Post armory or I'll assume you're trolling. The galleon and sha mounts haven't shown up anywhere, yet you claim to have both.

When I came back to WoW in Cata after going AFK in early BC I did not know what the in-game Satchels were nor that the Raven Lord was a mount acquireable by any means other than the druid flight quest. I tanked a ZG and got the Raven Lord in the Satchel and was like...wtf is this?

Since then and countlesssss Satchels later I have gotten Blue Drake from it as well (althought I already had that one :P )

-=-Sig by Rivellana-=-

Winddrake - first run of vortexx
    raven lord - 2nd run of actual farming

Azura Drake - 2nd run of The Eye
    Blue Drake - 3rd run of The Eye(Gave this one to a buddy who was with during the Azura kill)

Funny thing is I would trade all 4 just to get The blue or green proto

10+ Year Old Account
    got my Camel Hoarder achievement on my first figurine back in cata days. other than that, i did maybe 100 stratholme runs all the way from vanilla but not even saw it dropped once.

i have a theory about those rare things. some items drop very easily yet others never drop. it must be your toon's id or whatever. i believe this seriously.

edit: forgot to add that i got my green drake at first and pet at second eggs respectively. see why i believe that?

Deleted
    I got the rare stonedrake from Stonecore on a guildrun, all 5 of us were on vent. When the druid tank jokingly said that the mount would drop, needless to say we were all laughing about it and I won myself a sweet ass mount.

Deleted
    Back when I was new to the game I was lvling my mage alt through LFD and guess what, Rivendare's charger dropped there on my first ever try on that dungeon. I was shocked to see such a mount, some other won it and later they told me about it's insanely low drop rate. I was crushed... Dx