Thread: Lucky stories!

Page 83 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hah. Done Alysrazor this week in hopes for the mount, normally clear the other easier to solo bosses too in hopes of getting the RnG 2h Sword for transmog.

Then this happened: http://i.imgur.com/cKLzFSA.jpg

i got the white hawkstrider when I first cleared mt, and I was just going for the heroic achievement. had no intention of farming it either because i think it's ugly on my toon.

got the green proto-drake on my second egg. again, not even going for it, just decided to buy them while i was raising oracles rep, had no intention of buying a new egg every... what is it... week? but yeah, second egg and green proto drake. i also think it's ugly.

and I got the grey camel without even farming. was just flying through uldum after taking the portal to go to DS when my scanner addon started blaring. searched around the area, didn't find it, gave up, started to fly away, I didn't/don't like the camel mount either and never farmed it and didn't plan on starting, I think it's ugly period. but then was like, fuck it, let's look one more time. went back, searched a little more and found the little prick. so of course when i click it it doesn't turn into sand and teleports me to feralas first try.

so if i've learned anything from the rng gods is that they'll throw stuff at me that I couldn't care less about but when it comes to stuff I actually want, those bastards are tight-fisted

Deleted
    Not really a cool story, but it's the one I like the most...

Last Tuesday I started farming Invincible with a friend (Me=DK, He=Mage). Of course it didn't drop. Wednesday, we were missing tanks for our raid so we called it off and because we didn't know what else to do we went to Icecrown Citadel to duo the Lich King again. We wiped a few times because of stupid mistakes, but then we finally killed him. And what would this story be if the mount didn't drop, right? :P

Well it dropped, we both rolled need of course, I rolled a 92, he had an 89. Finally got my Reward for killing Arthas back at 80 =)

While not the best story, it's the one that made me happier than any other mount story =)

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nabbed Aeonaxx's mount while randomly flying through Deepholm about an hour before I planned to transfer my character off the realm. I wasn't looking for it and I was actually leaving Deepholm after finishing leveling there...

Was meant to be, I think!

Deleted
    Big Love Rocket dropped, but I'm convinced they buffed the droprate on it. I didn't get the Onyxia mount after like 3 years until the droprate buff, so would not surprise me if they did the same for this. Still an awesome mount, and looks great with a Boomkin riding it!

In the early weeks of Sunwell, a druid in my guild was doing daily runs in Sethekk for the Raven Lord. I decided to join one time, probably because I was bored, and I didn't even know this rare boss dropped a mount, I had never even killed him before. Obviously, the mount dropped, and I won, my first rare mount was only the 3rd on the realm! Still use it to this day. =)

I won the bronze drake one time in CoS. It was crazy. You should have been there. The one guy rolled a 3, and with sweat dripping fro' my brow, I clicked need, and then BAM!!! 74!

10+ Year Old Account
    It was 4am one night, I was dead tired, with 2 friends. We decided to do Karazhan for nostalgia (it was during ICC WotLK), and I ported to Stonard and we started heading there. One friend fell asleep mid way, and I was getting there and just wanted to do it tomorrow, however friend was like "Nah lets at least go up to Opera Event.

We zone in, clear to first boss, kill it and the Horse drops. I had never seen a rare mount drop up till that point, and he was just like "Hey, I don't really want it, go ahead and take it." So I won it.

That is how I acquired my Fire Unicorn Vampire Horse.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

My best story atm is that ive been doin first boss in Kara for 4 years almost every week and it finally dropped. And i was like, um ok, finally, but not gonna use it anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Green proto-drake.. I found out how to get it, and busted on the rep. The result, I had a guildy get really mad as she had been raising eggs every week for 2 years. Mine hatched on egg number two.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazeijin View Post
    Post armory or I'll assume you're trolling. The galleon and sha mounts haven't shown up anywhere, yet you claim to have both.
    If you're going to use "trolling" at least use it right, Lying about something isn't the same as trolling -.-'

10+ Year Old Account
    I got Midnight on my 4th kill. I had been helping my friend farm Raven Lord for about 6 months after I had gotten it (when you HAD to have us druids for it :P) so she agreed to help me farm Attumen a bit. I was floored to get it my 4th kill! Sadly, a couple years later and my poor friend still hasn't gotten it :<

Just a couple weeks ago, me and my mount farming partner (diff friend) did our normal EoE run. I already had both mounts, as I get to have the first drop of everything (she's a reallllly good friend) and the blue one dropped. THis was on monday. On Tuesday, we go and do EoE and the AZURE one dropped. Damnest thing. Same person got Raven Lord her second run but other than those she has fairly bad mount luck.

Been farming for the Stonecore mount for a few weeks now on my main, over 150+ runs but decided to level an Alt Shaman...ran stonecore about 3 times and it droped for the grp lucky i rolled good and won it! Was so happy. Now for the Onyxia one to drop one day. lol. Such is RNG i guess!

Deleted
    I'm not really a mount farmer, but i have two stories. Back in wrath when I got my DK to 80, I got the crafted epic 2 handed mace, but my mace skill was zero, so I decided to go to Stratholme to get my skill up. I went to Stratholme because it was close to the DK zone and the mount dropped. The second story is about how I got The Raven Lord mount. When transmog was announced I started to farm look alike sets from tbc dungeons on my Shaman. Don't remember what piece I was after, but I got the mount on my second or third SH run.

The first time I manage to solo Kael on my rogue, I got ashes of alar. I almost had a heart attack. Then I got mad with myself that I wasted that luck on a game and not a lotto ticket... To be fair I was farming it with my hunter for a while tho.

Also got the stonecore mount the very first time I did the dungeon. Was so shock a mount dropped on normal.
    Last edited by alt-ithist; 2013-02-15 at 01:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Deleted
    Mounts?
    Well im unlucky, the only mount that i farm weekly is ashes of al'ar im on my 30+ try now and nothing...
    oh and about UNLUCKY.
    see this shoulders? http://www.wowhead.com/item=27847 when transmog was implemented i rly wanted this shoulders for my DK, farmed them for over 6 months daily, no shoulders :| made tickets, got mad etcetc. still no shoulders :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roflzore View Post
    got 21 kills saw it drop 21 times <: them olden times <3
    aye back in wotlk...missed out in that with 1 week g_g

Still no dropp for invic! Sitting at 89 kills atm...( asking how i do it ? having insane amount of alts..)

I'm stuck home for a few days with the flu. Dreadfully ill. Get super bored.

End up checking out a new server. Make a Troll Shaman and make the pilgrimage to Org.

I see a TCG mount up on the AH for 25k (with a buyout price of 30k). The shorestrider. Wow, I've never seen one for sale before at all on my home server -- but the asking price was an unbelievable deal. So I check to see if the person who listed the auction is online. He is. I whisper him. He informs me that the server is quite dead and TCG items don't sell well.

I ask him if he himself is interested in TCG items and if he would be interested in trading something. When he asks for specifics I offer him a Banana Charm in exchange for his mount (I got the charm for cheap months ago on the BMAH on my home server, hoping to eventually trade it off for something). He says he'll only give me 10k for the charm. I decline, but tell him that he can contact me if he changes his mind.

Two days later; he hasn't contacted me and the Shorestrider is still up for sale. Now it has less than 2 hours to go until the auction expires. Genuinely shocked that nobody has snatched it up; I start trying to sell my Bananas in Trade chat for 30k. Nobody cares.

Time until the auction expires is rapidly winding down. I start trying to brainstorm a back-up plan. Maybe I could get 25k for it and win the auction without making the 30k needed for the buy-out price? The risk of losing the auction AND my best bargaining chip was a scary prospect. What to do...?

I suddenly get a whisper. Some random person offers me 20k. Seems like a nice guy though. I offer a compromise. "Meet me half way and let's say 25k?" He hesitates. We talk briefly about the state of the market and then he decides to agree to give me 25k for my unwanted pet.

I immediately run over and place a bid on the mount.
    I stand around, waiting nervously with the knowledge that any second I could get outbid and have lost my TCG pet for nothing.
    I get the "You won an auction for Swift Shorestrider" broadcast.

I dance around the room in celebration. Doing so makes me feel incredibly ill. I have to run to the bathroom.
    No regrets.
    Last edited by PuppetShowJustice; 2013-02-20 at 10:56 AM.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    FieryWarhorse.....killed attumen, mount dropped....one happy mofo

Deleted
    Purchased Ghastly Charger's Skull ready for 5.2 I usually wait to buy TCG mounts with gold, but I recently sold a lot of stuff on eBay and made some profit, so thought I'd treat myself.