Thread: Lucky stories!

Page 88 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been running Strat for years and I've never seen the Baron's mount... and i refuse to give up.

Deleted
    Luckeist eh...

I guess grey riding camel, since I didn't even look for it. Just happened to see a statue on the ground on my way to t4w to raid.

Clicked it and got ported, was like "lol wut"

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    Got a new direhorn mount from a Warbringer. These aren't rare, however after killing 30 more of them to get another color (which I haven't got so far) I'm starting to think RNG can be a bitch.
    Had all 3 different drop during the last 2 days :P We were 3 people however, so we got 1 each, and helped eachother til we all had one.

Old guildie of mine ninjaed Mim's head and got it taken away by a GM. Different old guildie of mine ninjaed the normal madness mount and got it taken away by a GM.

Starting to think I attract mount ninjas
    Last edited by Drikkink; 2013-03-15 at 11:36 AM.

some time ago i was farming Ahes of al ar ( i took me 2 years and nothing) ... and time to quit wow come, i get rid of account and thing ill never com back.

After ~6 months i come back! hit 90 and in that same day go to TK for just for fun because i was bored, and i droped Ashes in first attempt ! my guild master told me that he hate me and he wish i never comeback to wow - not its time to drop invicible reins xD

I think I'm going to beat pretty much anyone who posted on this thread.

I got both the ZG mounts from one run soloing, while it wasn't my first run (had been farming that place for many months) it's still the luckiest thing that happened to me in WoW.

Proof: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...achievement#81

(Check dates)

10+ Year Old Account
    I grind, and eventually mounts drop.

Still waiting on Attumen's Firey Horse and Onyxia, but given enough time.

Not bothered to farm ICC or Deepholm for mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kara mount, first time in there it dropped. Same for ZG Tiger, second run we saw a raptor but I had to let hubby have it b/c he let me have the Kara Horsey. Swift Alliance steed on my first run in TOGC(even though not a rare mount, a rare find on my server). Aaaannnnddd a total of maybe 5-10 runs in Stratholme spread out over months only to have Baron's mount drop in a healer bag. I've had stupidly insane luck for most mounts, but if it makes you feel better I tend to roll very low on gear and I know the other tank in our guild looooves that.

Blue Proto Drake... seen it once, lost the role to a guildy who did NOT have epic and had no plans on buying it anytime soon(still didn't have epic a year later) but he fought tooth and nail that he had every damn right to roll on it and then he won it. Very bitter about that mount, run UP 4 toons a day since June and I doubt I will ever see that mount.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

Deleted
    My best and worst memory of mounts is back in TBC, we formed a 10-man grp and farmed ZA for the timed bear mount (not the pink ugly looking one, but the red, feat of strength mount). We stuck together all 10 over 10 weeks. The last week, 10th week was the final week you could get it before the patch. And it was mine. That felt really good. A team effort over 10 weeks, even if someone was sick, we all didn't miss one single run.

Worst thing i've done / happened to me was just a while back, when me and a mate we're out flying, me on an alt, herbing some wotlk flowers to level up herbalism, my mate, 75ish roaming around aswell skinning. Me helping him killing stuff. He found a rare dragon, just by reflex i tagged it first with my mage. Didnt realize he had disbanded our grp, mountcrazy as he is.. I dont care about mounts. I felt bad for a month. He had been farmin that mount for ages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh i dont have any exciting stories :/ Maybe there is one: After a fail Ulduar achi run ( back in August , before MoP) i went outside of Ulduar , not hsing like everyone else.. and there was TLPD ^^

B.E.R.T.H.A. yells: AFFIRMATIVE, CUPCAKE!

Deleted
    Got the swift white hawkstrider on my first kill, on 2 diff toons adding too that. :O

Deleted
    I went to Tempest keep to solo it all, out of of boredom. I never get lucky on drops so I didnt expect the mount to drop at all. But when kael fell and I looted it, the first item I see is ashes. I just stared at it for 10 seconds, looted it and that made my day.

Farmed KZ for way too long in bc (ahh the memories) i think i've seen the mount drop once or twice but always lost.
    Recently friends started to run kara for that amount. At some point asked for help on chess, and i decided to help.
    Since they were in the middle of event when i got there i decided to kill a few bosses while they wiped/killed it.
    As soon as i killed the first boss saw the mount drop for the first time in ~4 years.

Deleted
    After killing the first boss in Karazhan on 5 characters on and off since early Cataclysm yesterday the mount finally dropped! I accidently autolooted everything and was shocked when I did get an achievement. Opened my bag and saw that mount. No more Kara for me!

Deleted
    Well...Ehm...I guess it is that I got Anzu on my 4th try or so. :P

Got lucky today during my weekly Ony run, opened my bags to delete the head only to discover the mount sitting between the head and the gem bag.

Deleted
    Just finnished The 9999 bones grind. 185 mounts now. Still need one from an egg. I'm hoping i get it in the egg i got in my bag.
    Anzu tho..... Many many many kills, Probably over 500 easy. Still no mount.

Had to stay up all night, for personal reasons

so went to stormpeaks I thought, hey between 11pm and 10am I just might be lucky, so I flew in circles for hours, 4am hits, I had to go make a cup of tea, came back I was dead,

Checked the logs since I went afk while in the air,

"TPL hits you for x amount of damage"
    "dismount"
    "splat to ground and die"

Drastically flew around found it dead,

weeks ago went on my 80 mage to uldy to get gear for herlads run, randomly typed /target time lost for shits and giggles, it popped up on 1k hp left and someone killing it, I nearly cried because I was to lazy to leave the city to summon about 5 mins earlier

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    I accidentally bought an X51 Nether Rocket Extreme on the neutral AH for 15g. Best 15g I ever spent, tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted
    This is my story, and it took place a few days ago.

I was farming the black cloak from Stratholme for my warrior's transmog set. I was at around 25 kills and had not seen the cloak drop. I made a joke with a friend that at that rate, I'd see the mount drop before the cloak. You can guess what happened...

http://i.imgur.com/9cWjwd0.jpg

Seen som good luck on some of the more rare (shitty droprate) mounts.

Onyxia - 1. solo kill (Hunter) Under 10 kills in total on account.
    Alar - 4th solo kill (Hunter)
    Old ZG Raptor - 1. solo kill (Druid) - got the Tiger not long before it was removed.
    VoA Mount x2 back in the day (Mage+DK)
    Raven Lord - 1. kill (Mage)

Working on MoP rep mounts (HATE rep farming), the new ZG mounts and Slabhide.

Sergin @ Auchindoun EU