Thread: Lucky stories!

Page 84 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    First run of firelands with a new guild and flametalon of alysrazor drops. At first they want us to roll for it and everyone starts rolling but i only get a 3. Then the GM says no we will raid roll it based on our positions in the damage meters he posts. Our healer is asked to do a random 25 and Bamm my number comes up. Was amazed when they gave it to me considering that was my first ever run with the guild

Deleted
    I got ZG tiger in less then 3 lockouts on my pala..

the last 3 lockouts before it being closed

Whilst in group with one from my guild that had been trying to farm it for years

(she got it on the last posible day :P)

Oh boy, where to start?

Rarest Mount: Big Love Rocket. Got it the first time I ever ran that dungeon, which was after they buffed the HH mount the previous year, so I thought they buffed this mount drop rate too. Turns out they didn't, so I was the first one and only one with the mount on my server for a while. Have only seen a couple others after I got it.

Raven Lord only took about 12 runs once I unlocked it.

Phoenix dropped twice for me. Once it took about 17 tries with a group I did it with on a regular basis, but I lost the roll. Come MoP I started farming it, and I got it on the 3rd or 4th time I soloed it.

Got the Kara horse after around 10-15 kills.

Blue Proto-drake the day my lock hit 80. Luckily enough, UP was the first heroic I ran on him and joked around saying how funny it would be if the mount dropped considering it was my first run there on my lock. Bet they weren't happy when the fresh 80 alt won that.

White Hawkstrider I got the first run I did on my mage. Tried quite a few times on my DK main and did not get it. Was quite mad when I had both this mount and the Blue Proto on my alts and not my main, until account-wide mounts were introduced.

That's pretty much all there is for the lucky ones for me. Have some other rares such as the Blue Drake and grind ones such as the Red Drake and the such, but nothing worth noting like the 6 I mentioned.

Last week I got outbid on Ashes of Al'ar at 350k (ended up going for 591k!). That night I went to farm it on my alt (usually run twice per week) and it dropped! Later that week I was bored, so I decided to take a fresh 90 alt into VoA for some easy honor and BAM the mammoth dropped! Twas a good mount week.

I have no actual rare mounts, but I did get my Dreadsteed back when you had to do that quest line to get it. I was quite proud when I got it, and even more pleased when I got back the 250 gold (hard to believe that used to seem like a lot) by helping two guildmates who were mathematically incompetent. I told each of them I would let them use my materials, and that they would only have to pay me 125, splitting the cost between all of us. Neither of them seemed to realize I was making back all of mine with that deal, but whatever. I still saved them gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearfist View Post
    THis was on monday. On Tuesday, we go and do EoE and the AZURE one dropped.
    So, you cleared EoE twice in one lockout then? >.>

OT: I haven't really had any dreadful stories about mounts. I generally get whatever i'm after in under 50 runs. I did see Ashes drop twice in 9 runs. Won the second.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsredd View Post
    So, you cleared EoE twice in one lockout then? >.>

OT: I haven't really had any dreadful stories about mounts. I generally get whatever i'm after in under 50 runs. I did see Ashes drop twice in 9 runs. Won the second.
    Since the mounts became account wide it's possible that he did it in a alt group. Like I do every week for kara & the eye (3-5 runs each week).

As for the stories I believe that most funny would be that my gf got aeonaxx on her hunter alt who had slow flying skill and had to buy fast one to use the mount. A top of that she barely managed to kill it due to having crappy lvl 83 greens. The guy she beat by seconds wasn't so happy. I was laughing my ass of on her luck

I got the ZG Panther after 325 kills, how awesome is that!?

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    i got both zg mount back in wotlk in 1 lockout :-) didn't realize how lucky i was untill people was like wtf when i linked achieves in trade channel

15+ Year Old Account
    I decided randomly to start farming mounts last month. about two weeks I got Ashes (20th kill, 5 toons a week, so 4 weeks), Ony (2nd kill), Fiery Warhorse (30th kill, 10 toons a week, so 3 weeks), and Raven Lord (70th kill, 10 toons every day, so 1 week). I also had Azure drop but I passed it. I then went away for 2 weeks, came back and got Red Qiraji (16th lockout).

Apparently all my bad luck on gear is actually good luck on mounts.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%ACa/simple - Look at FoS if you wish.
    Last edited by Yunalezka; 2013-02-22 at 12:10 AM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have only done EoE twice. My second attempt was a solo run a few months ago. Mount dropped.

More interesting was when I got the headless horseman's mount. I added it to my stable and never used it. It took me a year to find out that it was a flying mount.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yunalezka View Post
    about two weeks I got Ashes (20th kill, 5 toons 4 times a week), [...] Fiery Warhorse (30th kill, 10 toons 3 times a week),
    There's way too many people claiming they're running raids several times a week on the same character.....

@Vasilisa: How do you explain this guy, then? am I missing something? o.O

Don't ask me. Unless he is either faction changing very often or he has 20 toons on different servers/factions I have no idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsredd View Post
    There's way too many people claiming they're running raids several times a week on the same character.....

@Vasilisa: How do you explain this guy, then? am I missing something? o.O
    Sorry about that. It was late here when I typed it and I typed it the wrong way. It's edited now. I did it once a week per toon, I just had several toons to farm it on

Once I hit 90 on my Monk I decided to see how well I could solo old content.

Solo'd THE EYE, and what dropped from Kael'Thas the first run? Ashes of Al'ar!! <3

It's not a very rare mount but I love my Sea Turtle. Dropped for me while I was fishing in Northrend and I was thrilled. It's pne of the rarest mounts I have I think and it's also one of my favorites.

Today I was fishing up deviate fish when i got mail from my GM. The closest mail box is in damned mudsprocket so i thought, hey why not kill onyia? I've never done onyxia solo or done her at all since her raid was remade

And boom. MOUNT DROP. i was doing crazy on Gchat.

I'd been farming for the Raven Lord for a few weeks, and late one night I said to a friend on vent that it was definitely going to drop on this particularly kill. He bet me 300k gold it wouldn't. It was late and I was tired so for some reason I accepted, and about 15 minutes later I had a nice new Raven Lord. Unfortunately I never saw the 300k :P

Oh and spontaneously deciding I wanted to farm for a sea turtle and getting it after only 3 minutes of fishing. That was pretty cool!

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a rocket mount from Blingtron.

This is my story

I was new to the rogue class and it took very long till level 60. At level 60 I used all my playtime for mining/skinning and sold everything.
    After some days I had over 1000 gold and I bought my first epic mount!

This happened 2 weeks before the patch 1.4.0, release date EU 6 May 2005 :

Level 60 mounts purchased at vendors now have a whole new look. Faster undead mounts already have a different look and so have not changed. The new mounts can be seen standing near the mount vendors. If you have one of the old fast mounts, you can exchange it for one with a new look at the mount vendor.

I never used the exchange option for my old epic mount...

Last edited by Ange; 2013-02-22 at 07:38 AM.
    -