Thread: Lucky stories!

Page 92 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Not a drop for me (but I'm really jelly) but for one of the tanks in my guild.

Yesterday, me and my guild went for the Sha of Anger guild achievement, and when Sha just died, we just heard a whisper in teamspeak, saying "I got the mount, and I can't fly with it cause I'm not exalted with Order of the Cloud Serpent.
    At first, we did not believe in him, cause he said he used it right away, but when I'm now looking at his armory - he was not lying to us.

Damn you, Steelblood, I am very jelly on you!
    Armory for proof:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s=is-collected

Deleted
    Needless to say that he wasn't there when I landed, hm?
    Oh you, CRZ.

Caught a little of the mount collecting bug these past couple of weeks. Mostly grinding Argent Tournament for the mounts (will be done with both factions grinds and have all mounts and pets by the end of April). But I was thinking about where to go next with my mount hunter characters. Found out that they relaxed the "Raid" requirement for solo players so that people can get into older raids without having to be in a raid. So I thought I would hit up Ahn'Qiraj seeing how those would be the easiest dungeon mounts to farm. Got the regular battle tanks pretty quick of the first 11 trash mobs, and decided to stick around for a few more trash runs until the # of dungeons per hour limit hit. Well. rare or not, the red battle tank dropped somewhere between the 10th and 12th trash clear. Was pleasantly surprised.

My other good fortune happened the next day (this past Sunday). Decided to see if I could solo heroic Utgarde Pinnacle (Skaldi). Didn't expect much, just a testing of the waters on my 87 level mage to see if this was easily farmable. First solo run through and the blue proto drake drops . Couldn't believe it.

The only other easily farmable mounts left on my list are Fiery Warhorse from Attumen and Rivendare's Charger. I don't think I have the patience or gear to try Kael'thas, Malygos, or Sartharian just yet.

Deleted
    I can remember back in Wrath showing a young newbie friend of mine where to get Rivendare. He had ofc rolled a DK like all the younguns who wanna look mean. I took him through Stratholme and upon killing Lord Rivendare i explained that he drops a rare mount with an insanely low drop rate. Then i told him about just how many times id been running through Stratholme when i had some spare time in the hope id get this damn tough mount... ofc it never happened.

Then i kid u not, the VERY NEXT DAY, i saw my newbie friend in Org sitting on Rivendares Deathcharger!

Apparently the very next time he ran Stratholme the mount dropped for him.. and yes i was gutted!!

And u know what, the story gets worse!!!

About a week after that i saw my newbie friend running round as a Paladin, so i had to ask him if he was changing main... he then proceeded to tell me how he had got bored of his DK and deleted him cos he wanted to play Pally now!!!!

i mean, WTF!?!??!?

NOTE: i never did get Rivendares mount

Deleted
    Been trying to get the Ravenlord for years now. I Ran Magisters Terrace once and got a mount from Kael. Killed Malygos for the first time last week, got the Azure drake - killed him again this week, got the blue drake. I seem to be lucky, yet I never get the stuff I actually really wish for.
    Maybe if I stopped wanting it, it'd drop immediately. :/

Aeonaxx
    Camped him for around 60 hours straight, and then went to school. We were finished early from school, or i was sick, i dont remember, but i got home early, so i logged on, and aeonaxx spawned in front of me.

Time lost proto drake
    He just popped up in front of me, and ive seen him three times after that.

Ashes of Al'ar
    farmed three times with a friend, since he had it from before, i got it

Reins of the White polar bear
    Was farming it every day for maybe 7 days, until i just cba to do the quests, so i just did it one last time, and it dropped.

Flametalon of Alyzrasor

dropped during a normal FL raid, and the raidroll landed on me. wii

Probably some more stories, but i dont remember.

Deleted
    Rivendare's Deathcharger: I got him after my 16th run in early wotlk on my first account.
    Rivendare's Deathcharger, second time: On my first run on my first account. I was at a medium sized LAN (50-70 people) back home and told my friend if he wanted to bet a bag of chips if I got the mount on the first run. The mount dropped 5 minutes later.
    Drake of the North Wind: After my 42nd run.
    Vitreous Drake: Second run.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinamjau View Post
    Aeonaxx
    Camped him for around 60 hours straight, and then went to school. We were finished early from school, or i was sick, i dont remember, but i got home early, so i logged on, and aeonaxx spawned in front of me.
    Farmed for about a week, never dropped so i gave up.

Time lost proto drake
    He just popped up in front of me, and ive seen him three times after that.
    farmed for about 6 months, never dropped so i gave up.

Ashes of Al'ar
    farmed three times with a friend, since he had it from before, i got it
    farmed for about 6 months, never dropped so i gave up.

Reins of the White polar bear
    Was farming it every day for maybe 7 days, until i just cba to do the quests, so i just did it one last time, and it dropped.
    I farmed this every day for about 6months, and it finally dropped!

Flametalon of Alyzrasor
    dropped during a normal FL raid, and the raidroll landed on me. wii
    Killed this pretty much every week while the content was current (4-6months?) never even saw it drop.

I can add that it took me over 100 kills to get Ravenlord, 3-4months every day.

I know i am pretty much the most unlucky mount collector ever in Wow lol

Although tbh i do truly think that the random % chance should go up after some period, maybe add 1% for every month of constant farming or something. At the end of the day please to god reward those of us who are prepared to put in ungodly amounts of effort ffs. It sucks balls that some random noob can do something once and without realising it they can get something epic that they probably wont even appreciate...

About my 4th time soloing TK, Ashes of Al'ar drops. Next thing I know is there is a group of Alar's in Shrine, like 8 of them just grouped up. I joined them.

I run many raids with my brother, I don't care for special mounts at all (I use a Palomino for ground, and Gryphon for flying) but I like transmog collecting, my brother is an avid mount collector but doesn't care for transmog. We usually run all mount related bosses together, I get the loot for transmog, he gets mounts, and we both benefit from a faster, easier boss kill.

We've been running Ony since WotLK and one week he was busy and I needed that free 22 slot bag for my Monk so I just ran her solo to get it and the drake dropped. I felt horrible, so very horrible. He was very disappointed and I just felt so crushed for getting it. He loves it and wanted it for years and I absolutely hate drakes animations and size.

I still feel awful for it and would seriously pay real money to have it transferred to him
    Last edited by Millie; 2013-04-09 at 05:48 AM.

Ashes of A'lar
    Dropped on 2/1/2013, thaught this year couldn't begin better xD

Onyxia
    Was around 16:30 almost had to go have a dinner with my family and then I thaught damn still need to do Onyxia for the mount this week. So I flew there and while I was flying there I said to an friend, Lets she if she will be nice this week and drop the mount.

Killed her saw the mount and freaked out xD, parents came running WTH is going on! Ah nothing just got a mount I was farming for ages.

I rolled 100 for my Invincible.

Deleted
    Got the Elegon mount on my second kill. Same with Horridon mount, also second kill. Did a heroic for fun today on my tank and got the Swift White Hawkstrider.

Deleted
    My friend used to solo Headless during WotLK and then i asked him on the last day if i could join in and suprise suprise it dropped and we both thought it was the plate helm because the icons are quite similar so we greeded it, and then when i was about to sell it i noticed that it wasen't a helm at all xD

Blue proto from that Vrykul instance in WotLK dropped and as usually in a random grp the leader pressed master loot but since it had already dropped it was rolled for all and be went on about that it was his and all, i were just happy to see it drop

Seen Ashes of Al'ar drop and gave it to a friend that i used to play with, yes i really did give it away even tho a little part of died that day when he stopped playing a month later

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been playing since Wrath launched. Nothing dropped for me until this year. I got the Grand Black War Mammoth as my first mount drop. I didn't even know it was in the instance. The next week it dropped for me again. I pretty much assumed I would never see another mount drop. Thankfully I was wrong, Onyxia dropped a few days after St.Patrick's day, 14 kills on my main, 16 across all characters. Then last Friday the Swift White Hawkstrider dropped. After running it on my priest for robes to xmog I figured I would give it a shot with my pally, I was bored. Mount dropped. Couldn't believe it. 3 mounts in less than 2 months, considering how many years I have played and have gotten nothing remotely awesome I pretty much gave up hope.

Faith restored in RNG gods....for now.

two days ago got ashes of al'ar on my first try with my disc priest as solo ^^

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Izabe/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    9 runs everyweek for midnight, still nothing.

/cry

Deleted
    Over 130 atm for LK 25m hc , still no drop. Going in this week another 5-11 times...jesus fuck how long do i have to do this untill it dropps?

Deleted
    after 3 years of farming kara i finally got the horse on my last toon took me a total of 122 runs

Quote Originally Posted by Binkamus Prime View Post
    Seen Ashes of Al'ar drop and gave it to a friend that i used to play with, yes i really did give it away even tho a little part of died that day when he stopped playing a month later
    Same freaking deal. He comes back and quits again every now and then. I don't mind since at the time I was planning on quitting for good but darnit, he quit before me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Back in Molten Core in Vanilla, about 20 people up and the rest still being ressed. Cidet, our rogue, goes in stealth and moves up to Ragnaros. About 5 seconds later, Ragnaros aggroes and starts killing all of us again. Everyone is pissed and I whisper Cidet "wtf happened?!". All he replies me is...

"Target has no pockets"