Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

DK tanking OP as hell

My main is warrior tank and i have a dps dk alt for lols , i decided to tank with it a bit so i crafted all the blacksmithing tanking set. As and experiment (which our healer was nice enough to let me) i tanked all 5 bosses in BRC with no healer, i dont know if it was the crafting gear and the obsidiam executioner i had (which is op as hell for 81) but i think that is just way too op. No way my warrior could have done that at that level.

PS: Maybe he can (cus i never tried it) but wont be nearly as easy as it was on dk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LGalucard View Post
    My main is warrior tank and i have a dps dk alt for lols , i decided to tank with it a bit so i crafted all the blacksmithing tanking set. As and experiment (which our healer was nice enough to let me) i tanked all 5 bosses in BRC with no healer, i dont know if it was the crafting gear and the obsidiam executioner i had (which is op as hell for 81) but i think that is just way too op. No way my warrior could have done that at that level.

PS: Maybe he can (cus i never tried it) but wont be nearly as easy as it was on dk.

for me i dont die. i love tanking with my dk. i have nothing special as far as gear but i just dont die. i love the survivability of the dk tanks now

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats a regular 81 dungeon, designed at people leaving northrend in greens and blues, it wont pose a big difficult. A paladin could easily achieve the same.

On similar note, today my guild ran azgaloth, the dk tank (slighly less geared than me) took about 400k more damage from melee attacks, i took 1,009k damage. He had 2.2k HPS thought, 95% of it on himself, while i had 220 hps (impending victory procs under 20%). We both took same damage from his slash attacks (fire damage).
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

People who insanely outgear a level 81 instance have no trouble doing it. News at 11!

And even then, Death Knights aren't overpowered. They're perfectly in line with Bears and Prot Paladins. It just so happens that Warriors are gimpy as hell right now compared to the other three tanking choices. Although knowing Blizzard they'll just nerf everyone else's survivability.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there op ATM it's the same for me on pally as for my dk. Soloing is really fun and there the two best classes for it well Druid follows after lol.

DKs are modeled to be the "take slightly more damage but you heal it off" tanks, and according to current trend of healers going OOM, this model of tanking helps them with their mana and makes it borderline imba. Kinda makes us the extra healer with an additional focus on healing yourself while you tank.

Same thing with WoG spamming paladins really, but we probably won't see hard nerfs because that's how we're supposed to tank anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    Thats a regular 81 dungeon, designed at people leaving northrend in greens and blues, it wont pose a big difficult. A paladin could easily achieve the same.
    This. Reading the Thread Title I figured you had some sort of WoL Parse of you versus a DK in a Cataclysm Raid or Heroic Dungeon or something, not BRC Normal......

according to all my wol parses as a dk tank I am slightly better off than my war tank but slightly behind our druid tank in terms of effective dmg taken.

Deleted
    I find DK tanks the easyest to heal, they just have so much self survival, so many short good CDs.

Pallies are about the same. I can't tell you how many times doing heroics my healer has died to an instant kill mechanic at around 50% and we've 4 manned it 50%-0 without heals. Granted its not a full kill, but heroics also hit quite a bit harder than normal BRC.
    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    you cant parry spells but you can dodge them ...

In my experience so far, tank healing in pugs:
    Warrior > DK > Bear

I haven't healed a Paladin in a pug yet. Ran Tol'Vir last night with a Bear, then DK, then Warrior. Warrior finished it up then we did HoO. All normal modes, but the Warrior was good at more than tanking (ie, used interrupts). The DK was an elitist prick that couldn't believe I had never been to Tol'vir (lulz?). Had he a better attitude it would have been easier, methinks, as he definitely out-geared the warrior.

Soloing the two last bosses in SFK HC is funny as hell. And it's even piss easy.

Deleted
    You're judging which Tank was the best based on attitude? Lol? And the Warrior Interrupted more. Great. Wow. So he didn't have a l2p issue. Means nothing.

Dont really think there is a class thats over the others it comes down to each player some warrior tanks are great at taking very little damage because they watch aoe and what the mobs are doing and plan their interupts aoe stuns accordingly, same with dk's druids and paladins. And some just run into a group and only worry about keeping aggro which means they will take loads of damage.

So i dont think DK tanks are OP, if any class is above the others as tank it would be paladin, because a paladin got 2x20% damage reducers 1x50% damage reducer 15-20k instant self heals where overhealing will give a 6sec shield, and a seal that can heal them for 1.5-2k each hit if the fight requires it. and LoH self heal from 0-100% that can save a raid or group in crucial moments. But alot of things can change when gear gets better. Can imagine a place where the benefit warriors and especially paladins get from mastery will peak but for dk and druids it will always keep rising.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    People who insanely outgear a level 81 instance have no trouble doing it. News at 11!

And even then, Death Knights aren't overpowered. They're perfectly in line with Bears and Prot Paladins. It just so happens that Warriors are gimpy as hell right now compared to the other three tanking choices. Although knowing Blizzard they'll just nerf everyone else's survivability.
    I run as a Prot warrior and honestly I have no complaints and I sure as heck don't feel gimpy. Case in point; was doing Altarius in VP at 23% I was the only one left standing (healers and DPS died to tornados/breaths ...lol PuGs) Between cooldown rotations and Impending Victory spam I was able to down Altarius. 23% on a heroic boss soloed by a prot warrior...nah we're not gimpy.
    I like waffles!

You're basing the relative strength of a class based on what they can do at low levels? Really? My level 22 warrior can pull 20 mobs and do more dps to them than the entire group! WHILE TANKING! If you posted some stats or something we can actually look at to verify this claim it would be wonderful.

If your dk was taking that much more damage than the warrior. He was fail. He wasnt keeping his blood shield up as much as he could.

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games
    FML... Shamans suck.

I know a hunter and a holy paladin who 2 manned BRC at level 81. So, I honestly think BRC is a bad example.

Quote Originally Posted by Lirik View Post
    I know a hunter and a holy paladin who 2 manned BRC at level 81. So, I honestly think BRC is a bad example.
    Afflicition/Demonology Warlock, Level 82 in ICC10 gear, soloed trash and first 2 bosses until my LFD tool popped up. BRC really is a bad comparison... It's so easy to kite in there You can even solo the first boss as holy paladin if you bring enough spare time.

DK healing capabilities seem to be insane, but it's just to make up for the extra damage we take.

Deleted

Another warr scrub post.
    "They took our jeeeewbs!!"

Difference in damage taken, t11 gear.

Paladin (with 3 minutes of WoG, Seal of Insight and Divinity): 1,166,261

AgiBear: 1,292,643--with high armor

MasteryBear: 1,299,501--with high armor

AgiBear: 1,621,567--with 33% thick hide

Paladin (with no WoG): 1,632,095

MasteryBear: 1,645,187--with 33% thick hide

Deathknight (with DS and RT on CD): 1,661,835

Warrior (w/1 SB per minute): 1,707,325

Enjoy and l2p