Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Dk tanks are the most forgiving for healers. Just learn to rotate your self-healing mechanisms and win.

Quote Originally Posted by Aunai View Post
    for me i dont die. i love tanking with my dk. i have nothing special as far as gear but i just dont die. i love the survivability of the dk tanks now
    I can do this on most heroic dungeon bosses at 85... It's not just because it's a level 78 dungeon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

I pull 7k HPS on valiona from self heals : /

Uhhh the first day or two into cataclysm I tanked it on a warlock, big woop. You won't be, or shouldn't be expecting that at 85.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping View Post
    DKs Take alot more damage, i found them harder to heal.
    Warriors lack AoE aggro if mobs are all over the place
    Pallys struggle with constant AoE packs (Sometimes)
    Druids suck balls.

Each class has its weakness
    I have fun seeing how many DPS I can outdamage on my druid tank. But I don't want to be a tank anyway, it's all my guild's fault. Apparently I'm not terrible or else the raid leader who is also a healer would probably not be so keen on having me tank in lieu of other available classes in the first place. I think I might do more DPS tanking on some fights than actually DPSing, though.

nothing to see here

DK's now having a dedicated tanking tree makes wrath babies go like WHOA, and now they think we are OP

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I have fun seeing how many DPS I can outdamage on my druid tank. But I don't want to be a tank anyway, it's all my guild's fault. Apparently I'm not terrible or else the raid leader who is also a healer would probably not be so keen on having me tank in lieu of other available classes in the first place. I think I might do more DPS tanking on some fights than actually DPSing, though.
    Our guild's bear was doing 25k in heroics yesterday. Stupid bears. I'm beginning to realise why bringing him in changed how fast the boss died all of a sudden!

Deleted
    After reading this whole thread I must say that most of your experiences are based on heroic dungeons. And I would say.. who cares about them? I agree that as dk tank there are bosses I can handle without healers (e.g. dragon boss in stone core, dragon boss in vp and few more) but it does not really matter. Real fun starts while raiding. And while fighting Chimareon or Cho'gal I can basicly forget that my "op self-heal" will be really that usefull as it was in heroic dungeons. Simply those bosses hit really hard and because I get more dmg than tank with shield I noticed that basicly it's harder for my healers to heal me. Paladins/warriors shield is always on and with melee hits around 60k I'm unable to hold blood shield on me with 100% uptime. So basicly I can agree that dk tanks are a little bit op but unfortunatelly it's truth only about heroic dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Topp View Post
    Another warr scrub post.
    "They took our jeeeewbs!!"

Difference in damage taken, t11 gear.

Paladin (with 3 minutes of WoG, Seal of Insight and Divinity): 1,166,261

AgiBear: 1,292,643--with high armor

MasteryBear: 1,299,501--with high armor

AgiBear: 1,621,567--with 33% thick hide

Paladin (with no WoG): 1,632,095

MasteryBear: 1,645,187--with 33% thick hide

Deathknight (with DS and RT on CD): 1,661,835

Warrior (w/1 SB per minute): 1,707,325

Enjoy and l2p

Hmm how about posting more than variously random useless figures that happen to prove your point? like the what dugeon/raid, what boss, type of damage etc. And even after that I'd argue those figures unless your going to tell me there all exactally the same gear wise gem wise and enchant wise.

To many variable to make carte blanche statement like that lol
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"