Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Wait until you run with a group that isnt good at crowd control during trash pulls or avoiding damage on bosses. We'll see then how your 70% mana at the end of the fight sticks.
    *snip*
    If you know the fight mechanics well and pay attention to your surroundings, you make everyone elses life easier. It takes everyone, not just one person anymore.
    I'm in the same boat of not losing mana, yesterday did full heroic runs admitedly with guildies but our tank was 329 with bag blues, had about 110k health and we still didn't bother with CC, used maybe 40% per trash pack without CDs?
    Even putting out huge amounts of healing, using this healing style and stat priority you won't lose much mana, provided you're using Holy Light to replace jump in your normal rotation your mana is infinite
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrocurious View Post
    I can see if you'd want haste if you're pugging or something, but I'm always in a good group and don't need it.
    I can see why you'd want crit/mastery if you're being carried, but I'm always performing to the best of my ability so I use haste

Quote Originally Posted by Calene View Post
    Haste is rather good for mana regen for Holy Paladins. Haste equals more Seal of Insight melee procs, which equals more mana gained for you.
    Not really - most bosses don't even allow you to melee them not to mention that Seal of Insight doesn't restore all that much mana since cata anyway.

Deleted
    My stat priority is;

Spirit > Mastery > Int > Crit > 2h axe skill > Haste.

I had to stop using haste as soon as I hit 85 as I found without, i could heal for longer without running out of mana while keeping a similar throughput. Since then, I've avoided haste like the plague and instead stacked Mastery and Spirit. The large amount of spirit means I don't go oom as much, and since my mastery is rather high (16.01, which gives me a 20% shield on all heals), it's amazing for fights where there is a large amount of predictable damage, like Magmaw.

As long as I judge on CD, don't be stupid, use Arcane Torrent and use DP constructively during down times, I never have any mana issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrocurious View Post
    Don't edit people's post like that. It's incredibly rude and doesn't make any sense. If you want to argue with someone, changing their words is probably the worst way to do it.
    Now you're calling me rude when your post was all high and mighty claiming something that pretty much every single holy paladin who is seriously raiding atm will tell you is terribly wrong.
    But hey you need only about 1.5 times as much rating for 1% crit to get half the increase to hps you get from 1% haste .On top of that it's completely rng compared to ALSO having a reliable speed boost to your emergency heals.

---------- Post added 2010-12-20 at 03:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou View Post
    And since my mastery is rather high (16.01, which gives me a 20% shield on all heals), it's amazing for fights where there is a large amount of predictable damage, like Magmaw.
    It's actually pretty damn awful for any fight that involves any form of aoe that has a high cooldown. In those fights you'll see some 5-10% healing done by your 20% of mastery - a complete waste of your item stats.

i read somewhere that the stat is

Int > Spi > Haste > Crit > Mastery (i believe on EJ)

personally i even put mastery above crit because the extra shielding is *slightly* better now damage is more consistent than in wrath. i don't think one of my shields has ever ran the 8 secs on a tank anyway.

my crit heals do tend to be overheal a lot anyway and according to (a possibly inaccurate) recount i am doing fairly hefty absorbs with only 14% of my heals being shields.

im by no means stacking either Crit or Mast, in fact reforging both of them to haste, wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this?
    medicus quercum, venit.
    One's soldiers should not yell abuse at the enemy. "Arouse a bee and it will come at you with the ferocity of a dragon." - Takeda Nobushige

Deleted
    Personally my stat prios are

INT > Haste > Spirit >rest is trash

Mastery atm accounts for maybe 5% of my healing, so its possibly slightly better than crit. But there both terrible in comparison to haste and spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Not really - most bosses don't even allow you to melee them not to mention that Seal of Insight doesn't restore all that much mana since cata anyway.
    Most of the normal/heroic dungeon bosses allow you to melee them. We are a plate class, other plate melee manage to melee most bosses. Why can't we?

Most of the normal/heroic dungeon bosses allow you to melee them. We are a plate class, other plate melee manage to melee most bosses. Why can't we?
    Because a lot of them have things you need to move out of, which makes most of the mana you've just got back worthless

10+ Year Old Account
    Where I lay my head is home. See that rock? Thats my pillow.
    Intellect > Spirit > Haste > Mastery > Crit

no further discussions

Deleted
    I sure hope no new or unsure paladins have picked up on the crit stacking "tips". Crit is only good for reforging.

Quote Originally Posted by Lluv View Post
    Intellect > Spirit > Haste > Mastery > Crit

no further discussions
    Crit > Mastery

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Because a lot of them have things you need to move out of, which makes most of the mana you've just got back worthless
    So if I stay 15 yards away from a boss I won't need to move out of anything then?

Also you have not really considered we have a large source of self-healing (protector of the innocent) and defensive cooldowns (bubble?). We can stand behind a boss to melee without much punishment to our health, just like we did in Wrath. Im not saying every boss is like this (or you can do it all the time during an encounter), but most of them you are fine doing it.

So haste = more mana returned from melee hits making haste also a regen stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Crit > Mastery
    This might also depend on the encounter - Mastery gets a lot less useful when most of our healing is aoe healing, but if we're mainly tank healing it doesn't look too bad. Between an item with mastery and an item with crit I'd pick the item with the higher amount of spirit or haste on it.

So if I stay 15 yards away from a boss I won't need to move out of anything then?

Also you have not really considered we have a large source of self-healing (protector of the innocent) and defensive cooldowns (bubble?). We can stand behind a boss to melee without much punishment to our health, just like we did in Wrath. Im not saying every boss is like this (or you can do it all the time during an encounter), but most of them you are fine doing it.

So haste = more mana returned from melee hits making haste also a regen stat.
    Comes down to it, if you can stand in melee and get more than 1 proc off between heals, you're already out gearing the content or taking advantage of a special mechanic

Haste is a 'regen' stat because it allows you to use Holy Light more, rather than having to fall back to DL/FoL

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Comes down to it, if you can stand in melee and get more than 1 proc off between heals, you're already out gearing the content or taking advantage of a special mechanic

Haste is a 'regen' stat because it allows you to use Holy Light more, rather than having to fall back to DL/FoL
    If I can't manage to stand behind boss, in current content, then how come ret paladins, dps death knights and dps warrior manages this just fine? We can and should melee the boss.

So what bosses can't you stand behind the boss anyways? So far in all Cataclysm heroics I managed to stand behind most bosses. Am I out geared? Well no, I dinged 85 yesterday on my holy paladin. I have yet to try this on raids but according to Elitist Jerks it is very viable to melee most raid bosses/adds and also throw out a Crusader Strike at times. So please don't come and say it is not possible to melee as a holy paladin, I seen and done it myself.

Haste is still a regen stat as you can melee for SoI procs.

Personally, I think meleeing for SoI procs can be done, but I find it to be such a mediocre source of mana that your better off just doing what you're supposed to ie. heal and just Judge on CD. Which does give a fair amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentin View Post
    And raids. Learning Magmaw comes to mind.
    i lolled at this... my guild had maybe 5 attempts at magmaw before we killed it xD healing is so hard during the transition from P1 to P2 but the regen phase makes up for it just DP every 2nd one and if you're running with a priest/shaman it works out pretty well (totem one phase, hymn the next) but this is off topic

mana regen for us is pretty good if you gear/enchant/gem correctly and use judgement whenever you can afford the GCD, we may have been nerfed in the AoE department but once we start getting better gear you'll most likely start using radiance a bit more which will be better =)
    This user has been banned.

Spirit>int>Haste>Crit
    Gem in Blue Spirit/int
    Gem in Yellow Haste/Int
    Gem in Red Int

If I can't manage to stand behind boss, in current content, then how come ret paladins, dps death knights and dps warrior manages this just fine?
    DPS classes don't have to try to heal and run at the same time. By all means, melee for mana when you can, but it's hardly something you want to build your stats around.