Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proioxis View Post
    Because the new skills at 85 are shit and pvp based.
    Cry more, redirect is amazing.

peeks out from behind a nearby potted plant and waves cheerfully* ^^

maybe all the theorycrafters are still playing the new content, im sure all that raid stuff will be up before too long--in the great scheme of things cata released so recently
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullocks View Post
    Cry more, redirect is amazing.
    It is usable, yes. And as long as Rogues are how they are, its goo to have it. still, meh thinkz, the CP should be gathered at the rogue, not the target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aliancekill View Post
    Most people are tired of having a class that basically supports every other class since we have nothing specific that only our class has. + our damage in pvp as dance is lagging and as mutilate we have no mobility. We are forced to trade off.
    This. Been playing through whole WotLK as a rogue until Cata came out, too bad I got tired of the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeer View Post
    you can redirect a 5 pt kidney onto someone else then vanish sap it, it isn't that bad
    That's terrible.

Blind > Redirected KS.

The only rogue spec that can take advantage of a hard switch Redirect KS is Sub rogues with shadow step.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    That's terrible.

Blind > Redirected KS.

The only rogue spec that can take advantage of a hard switch Redirect KS is Sub rogues with shadow step.
    i fail to see how doing a 6 second kidney into a sap is terrible but whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Jeer View Post
    i fail to see how doing a 6 second kidney into a sap is terrible but whatever
    KS requires you are in melee range unlike blind.

Let me also say that Deadly Throw is worthless now as you can use the thrown weapon + crippling poison for a superior slow that requires no combo points. Using the combo points to keep recup up while using crip poisoned thrown weapon > Deadly Throw's physical snare. A lot of people talked about Deadly Throw interrupt used with redirect, but that was all hype. In reality, too many instant casts flying around, at greater ranges than WotLK. In addition, Rogue damaging finishers are weak as of right now, which also negates being able to use redirect + damaging finisher on a different target.

Recuperate, and slice n dice are the most important finishers rogues can use, and both can be used off of a dead target, which is what makes redirect terrible.

10+ Year Old Account

Let me also say that Deadly Throw is worthless now as you can use the thrown weapon + crippling poison for a superior slow that requires no combo points. Using the combo points to keep recup up while using crip poisoned thrown weapon > Deadly Throw's physical snare. A lot of people talked about Deadly Throw interrupt used with redirect, but that was all hype. In reality, too many instant casts flying around, at greater ranges than WotLK. In addition, Rogue damaging finishers are weak as of right now, which also negates being able to use redirect + damaging finisher on a different target.

Recuperate, and slice n dice are the most important finishers rogues can use, and both can be used off of a dead target, which is what makes redirect terrible.
    i'm talking about playing sub not mutilate or combat, redirect ks > sap should be easy. deadly throw is actually useful as it can't be dispelled, but crippling overrides the effect which actually DOES make it useless

hey, no rogues on my server?

more gear for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulus View Post
    For those of you reading this thread thinking "I've never met any weird people on WoW", then it's probably you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deralte View Post
    Hunters seem to be disappearing too.
    lol

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/weekly...-1&factionid=2

Quote Originally Posted by aliancekill View Post
    Most people are tired of having a class that basically supports every other class since we have nothing specific that only our class has. + our damage in pvp as dance is lagging and as mutilate we have no mobility. We are forced to trade off.
    Pretty much this. I spec Muti and get kited worse then I have ever been kited before. But Muti is the only way to even attempt damage as a Rogue right now. I spec Sub and I have no damage, even with popping dance the damage is lacking because I am pretty much too energy starved to benefit from the combo points generated, I get maybe 3, 4 Ambushes off if I am lucky for up to 20k max and then dance is gone, my energy is gone, and the kiting begins. Which basically means I let them kite me a little while my energy regenerates then attempt to Shadowstep for a finisher, which also doesn't hit for anything. There was a time when I could get 2-3 or more kills with the use of all my CDs, now it takes all of my CDs to get one kill.

Side note, I felt a little awkward today after logging off my Rogue from doing PvP with my big 15-18k crits and got on my Prot Paladin who is 80 to start leveling him. After about 6-8 SotR crits for between 12-15k without even popping AW on a toon that still has pieces of Naxx gear on I have decided to no longer play my Rogue seriously...

Edit: Also wanted to add that my Druid's bleeds tick for more damage then my Envenom or Eviscerate deal with 5 CPs if they do not crit. Yep...
    Last edited by iamftwlol; 2010-12-20 at 07:19 AM.

im afraid the turkey lurker acievment scared away all the rogues. i remmeber that day too i talked to like 8 rogues they were all in out of the way places running BGs

Well from playing on all sorts of servers I must say rogues are the class theres less of. Play one my self, no guilds bother to recruit them, but I am fine, rogues are rogues, people are people, I like the dagger

I think a lot have rerolled Goblin/Worgen rogues and are therefore still levelling/gearing. Do not underestimate Combat Readiness, I've had to use in every Hc dungeon so far when the tank dies, usually due to healer mana issues.
    Combined with evasion/recuperate it is a wipe-saver.

In a world where crippling poison worked 100% every hit, sure.
    About EP:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldriana
    With the usual caveats about these numbers being based on a specific set of gear which probably isn't what you're using, such that these answers will be approximately right but not exact
    Vanilla: 60 Shaman
    BC: 70 Rogue, 70 Druid
    Wrath: 80 Druid, 80 Paladin, 80 Shaman, 80 Rogue
    Cata: 85 Rogue (Holmés), 85 Priest (Naclwater)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deralte View Post
    Hunters seem to be disappearing too.
    Yeah that damn camouflage makes them disappear, what next invisible mages??

Deleted
    wait, you don't SEE any rogue.. i can SEE the problem

Quote Originally Posted by sixkills View Post
    My server is overpopulated with 85 rogues.
    Must be one deserted server, if 85 Rogues are overpopulation.

Anyway, Rogues have not much to look forward to right now. Most other Melee DPS do higher DPS than them without even trying and the way larger number of melee DPS compared to ranged DPS forces raids to shy away from the weaker performing classes, read Rogues. And as far as PvP goes, once resilience and fairly equal terms come into play, Rogues seem to be eating dust more often than not, so why bother.

Same thing seems to be true for Hunters, since a lot of the "lol faceroll" players have returned from their DK and Retadin adventures to continue playing their version of "Lêgólàsz" and the new resource system (read: focus) is too complex for most to handle.

Even at lower levels, Rogues or Hunters rarely pass 10% of the total group damage. I am just not sure, if the classes or the players are broken.

Crip on a Throwing weapon can be re- applied without the need of combo points, so it still is superior than the five combo point use of Deadly Throw, while it is physical, it doesn't last long enough. If (Crip)it doesn't land the first time, it will land on the second time more cases than not.

Recuperate has jumped over slice n dice as the most important finisher for rogues in PVP. So, using the combo points on deadly throw is a waste seeing recuperate for combat provides a 6% reduction of all incoming damage, the healing effect is magnified with assassination and for sub you HAVE to keep recuperate up to be able to have enough energy to do anything.

I like that they improved shiv's utility, but they need to go back to the drawing board for deadly throw, and redirect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sylverfox View Post
    you can't find rogues? thats exactly what us rogues want..

we're just here =) but you can't see us ..
    I see rogues every time I need to scrape some gore from the bottom of my boots.

Well, bits of them anyways...
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!