Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    ive played a rogue ever since vanilla, alwaus been my main right through vanilla, tbc, wotlk.....then cata hit with the talent changes..,...combat has been nerfed by the changes so much its not a viable spec for anything........ive always been a combat rogue, I love using the rogue abilities while still being able to duelwield a variety of awesome swords,maces and more recently axes....I hate using poxy little daggers that barely show up on your character and having dablled in sub and assanation specs I havnt enjoyed either, combat is for me....unfortuntly because combat sucks at the moment I find myself barely playing my rogue, in fact my deathknight has taken over as my new main and my rogue is sat on level 80 still having not been used since cata hit at all.

Really hope blizz fix this or my rogue will remain on the sidelines as rather then play with a spec I dont enjoy using id rather use other characters until the spec I like to use is sorted.

I this maybe why a lot of rogues have gone into hiding(awful pun), combat rogues have been shat on and a lot of them dont like the other specs.....thats why they played combat after all...so there off playing there new mains/alts etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellshanks View Post
    ive played a rogue ever since vanilla, alwaus been my main right through vanilla, tbc, wotlk.....then cata hit with the talent changes..,...combat has been nerfed by the changes so much its not a viable spec for anything........ive always been a combat rogue, I love using the rogue abilities while still being able to duelwield a variety of awesome swords,maces and more recently axes....I hate using poxy little daggers that barely show up on your character and having dablled in sub and assanation specs I havnt enjoyed either, combat is for me....unfortuntly because combat sucks at the moment I find myself barely playing my rogue, in fact my deathknight has taken over as my new main and my rogue is sat on level 80 still having not been used since cata hit at all.

Really hope blizz fix this or my rogue will remain on the sidelines as rather then play with a spec I dont enjoy using id rather use other characters until the spec I like to use is sorted.

I this maybe why a lot of rogues have gone into hiding(awful pun), combat rogues have been shat on and a lot of them dont like the other specs.....thats why they played combat after all...so there off playing there new mains/alts etc.
    I too have had a rogue since Vanilla, and I have not even touched it in a long time. I am thinking about dusting her off soon though, as I need to farm herbs for my other alts so I can get the truegold x-mute.

I do miss me some combat, and have never been a fan of Mut.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tholl View Post
    I too have had a rogue since Vanilla, and I have not even touched it in a long time. I am thinking about dusting her off soon though, as I need to farm herbs for my other alts so I can get the truegold x-mute.

I do miss me some combat, and have never been a fan of Mut.

same here, tried that and sub spec, not half as much fun to use as a good combat spec with duelwield maces etc.....may do the same as you and just use my rogue to level herbalism make some money as it should be fast to level now flying in azeorth is live.

10+ Year Old Account
    ya i played only a rogue since vanilla . leveled a few alts but never played em much bcuz i liked my rogue more .. leveled him to 85 , it was very boring and then sat in queues for 40 mins ..
    logged on pallly leveld to 85 and had more fun and get insta queues . i rarely play my rogue anymore now

While I am sure that rogue at 85 is a lot different than while leveling, my rogue has been top dps and I use my CC all the time. I do mean all the time -- kick is always on CD basically, plus I gouge as well, and enter combat with CS if it will help. It's not even close on dps, either. I'm usually 40% to 50% of the group's total damage output. And I made my rogue from scratch, with the only heirlooms being the gun, and the two trinkets (2% haste trinket and the pvp trinket). Everything is else is dungeon blues I get as I go along, plus I still have a quest green wrist that is out of date.

I just smoke the damage and play as "tank's best friend" by backing him up, interrupting spells, sapping patrols, and -- of course -- topping damage.

Since blade fury is almost always available, between that and poisons and SnD it feels much more robust to be a combat rogue in groups compared to when I leveled my first rogue back in 2007.

Perhaps we do fall apart at 85, we'll see. I have an 80 rogue, also, but I wanted a fresh start in Cata so I'm enjoying the level-up process at the moment. Hopefully any legit problems with rogues at cap will be dealt with by the time I get there.

I think the main reason we are such an under-played class is because ever since LK a lot of the people that used to be attracted to our class went with DK's (duals in plate), Paladins (the love children of LK), or Druids (many of our abilities).

Personally, I like that we are the least played class.

Anyway, guess I'm rambling...

Yeah, I pretty much top the meter in every dungeon on my Rogue as Muti...

But for some reason that same awesomeness does not carry over into PvP =(

I'm leveling a worgen rogue, thoroughly enjoying it but like the above poster said, your kited almost as bad as if you were ..some sort of kite...

10+ Year Old Account
    right behind you with my shiny dagger

I find rogues all the time... I keep pulling their knives, swords and daggers out of my spleen. =[ If you cant find them, seems like stealth is working as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    (Oh god I'm such a troll)

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    im afraid the turkey lurker acievment scared away all the rogues. i remmeber that day too i talked to like 8 rogues they were all in out of the way places running BGs
    I spent that whole time this year in furthest reaches of Outlands farming reputation, and working on my Loremaster of Outlands. I hate that stinking achievement.

A rogue has been my main since the end of Vanilla. I played on beta and my damage was bad in pve, and the new combat skill was more annoying than fun. And in pvp it was a complete joke. So now I'm a mage and happy.

I will return to my rogue once they are not so punished in pve fights by damage, they do better damage; and in pvp once they have mobility and damage.