Poll: Drop Rate Per Mob?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    We had 4 epics drop from the first trash clear. Reset it and had nothing drop. This was on 10 man also.

Quote Originally Posted by suleria View Post
    Drop rate was nerfed in 10 man recently. i can see 10% as being an accurate number for 25 man
    Can you confirm this? Any sources or such as? As for the drop rate being nerfed in 10.
    <Novum Genus> - Tarren Mill Horde

5 runs, 5 epics. We had 2 on the first run, none on 2 and 3, and then 1 on the fourth run and 2 on the fifth. There were two instances of Soul Blade and 1 that wasn't BoT-Specific, it was some kind of 359 mage ring I think.

3 in one pack of trash in the first room. Then a further 2 that run; 1 after Halfus and the other before the Ascendant Council

Sup Yo.

Deleted
    It's always annoying when the Epic you want doesnt drop but everything else seems to though..

But it's fun to link the item someone else really really wants from Atlas or something :P

This is probably not intended... After you clear the trash you can run out, click "reset all instances", go back in, and all the trash will have respawned.

Deleted
    kidnapping thread, any one know if there drops different epics on trash mobs, than atlasloot shows?

Quote Originally Posted by dropios View Post
    kidnapping thread, any one know if there drops different epics on trash mobs, than atlasloot shows?
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=60202
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=68608

are missing from AtlasLoot and will be added with the next version.

10+ Year Old Account
    First week in there - 0 BoE off halfus trash
    Second week in there - 2 BoE off halfus trash, 1 BoE off valiona trash
    Third week in there - 0 BoE off halfus trash, 1 BoE off valiona trash
    Fourth week in there - 1 BoE off halfus trash,
    Fifth week in there - 0 BoE off halfus trash, so far.

Considering the amount of trash before halfus.
    4 mobs on first pull, the two patrols in the center have 5 mobs each, and the four groups on the sides have 7-8 mobs each. Thats a total of 45ish mobs in that room.

On valiona trash, there are the gaunlet mobs, those dont drop any loot, downstairs you have 4 groups with elementals, those are 5-6 mobs per pack, and 3 more groups with ogres, those are 4-5 mobs per pack. Total of 38ish mobs.

I would say the drop rates are closer to 1% than anything else. Of course some groups are luckier, and others have never seen a BoE. But its the amount of trash in there that makes it look like the percentage is higher.
    Blackwing on the other hand has 5 trash mobs in the first room, i have never seen a BoE drop there.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Well today i did 6 runs, and every second run there was an epic so its not to bad, its worth the time to farm.
    so for me on an average run across the times i have done it its probably a 45% chance for an epic in the first lot of mobs in the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by ProBubble View Post
    tbh you fail at maths thinking that the drop chances are cumulative..

if theres 40 mobs each one having a drop chance of 2-3% then the drop chance will be 2-3% the amount you do soemthing with a independant variable does not increase or decreae the likely hood of an outcome.. i.e if you roll 6 6's in a row the next roll has an equal chance to be a 6 as any other number.

/fail thread
    Actually you failed at math tbh. Mainly just the way you stated it however. We'll take the dice example. Rolling a dice has a 1/6 chance of landing on 6. However, rolling the dice 6 times in a row, receiving 6 on each roll, is a (1/6)^6 chance. Having that same dice roll 6 again, would have an exponentially less chance to occur. Given the entire order of what has happened before.

Therefore, IF an epic had a 90% chance to not drop, it would only have a (.9)^10 % chance to not drop off any of them. Which is about a 34.9% chance to happen with 10 mobs.
    Last edited by ruzhy6; 2011-01-16 at 02:44 AM.
    About EP:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldriana
    With the usual caveats about these numbers being based on a specific set of gear which probably isn't what you're using, such that these answers will be approximately right but not exact
    Vanilla: 60 Shaman
    BC: 70 Rogue, 70 Druid
    Wrath: 80 Druid, 80 Paladin, 80 Shaman, 80 Rogue
    Cata: 85 Rogue (Holmés), 85 Priest (Naclwater)

First room, both nights there 2 epics.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

my guild has had great luck with epic drops, last week between wednsday and thursday we had i think 5 drop? 2 staffs an unheeded warning bis caster gloves? maybe bracers cant remember which and i think one before that a soul blade cant remember if we got it last week or week before.

---------- Post added 2011-01-16 at 05:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftzy View Post
    Can you confirm this? Any sources or such as? As for the drop rate being nerfed in 10.
    i dont think this is true, as a matter of fact i thought it was buffed.

Deleted
    Did 6x clears of the trash leading to the first boss, 2 items dropped in 1 run 0 dropped in other 5.
    Drops were:
    Crossfire Carbine
    Soul blade

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftzy View Post
    ProBubble, i think you missunderstood how i did the math on this one. EACH of the four types of mobs in the first sector of Bastion of Twilight, drops anywhere from 3 to 5 DIFFERENT epic items. EACH item, has a 2-5% drop chanse PER mob. Hence, you simply add all the drop chanses together and you will have the drop chanse of an epic in general, from each mob. Hence the math that i performed turned out to imply that EACH mob in the instance (the 4 types mentioned) have about 10% chanse of dropping 1 EPIC, not EACH epic. Hence you fail.

Actually you're both wrong. If you knew probability you'd know its almost never cumulative

Instead you have to calculate it like this. If you have five items with a 2% drop rate, theres a 98% chance it wont drop.

.98 * .98 * .98 * .98 * .98 is the chance that all 5 won't drop or .98^5 = .9039

There is a 90.4% chance that no epics will drop or a 9.6% that at least one epic will drop. Not 10%

in my guild we spent two raid nights of 3 hours each farming the trash up to the first boss. So far we've gotten 2 epics.
    Probably talking around 20 clears. So the drop isnt too high. But thats not stopping us from getting easy epics.

Deleted
    First trash pack in this xpac dropped double epic staff.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what the drop chance is for any given epic item in BoT, but this week, we got 4 epic items in 1 run (cleared up to cho'gall). we got 2 bracers of the dark pool, and 2 guns. yay

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyphant View Post
    Actually you're both wrong. If you knew probability you'd know its almost never cumulative

Instead you have to calculate it like this. If you have five items with a 2% drop rate, theres a 98% chance it wont drop.

.98 * .98 * .98 * .98 * .98 is the chance that all 5 won't drop or .98^5 = .9039

There is a 90.4% chance that no epics will drop or a 9.6% that at least one epic will drop. Not 10%
    but in average 1 epic drops from 10 mobs.
    It is either cumulative and you can add those 2%, or it's not and then you have a chance of one mob dropping few epics. It only depends on how blizzard implemented it. I guess it is first way
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Only been in once and had 4 epics drop on the trash inside.
    Blizzcon 2010+2011+2013+2014+2015 Attendee!
    lvl-110 Zeush(Sen'jin) Orc Fury Warrior(bread and Butter) WATCH BIG CRITS! Raiding Guild Reality Series! http://www.bigcrits.com/site/index.php