10+ Year Old Account

Are you using rupture? (Combat question)

Heya. Now before you get all assuming, know that I'm in no way, shape or form trying to make the class any "easier" by removing part of it's rotation. (See also the classic diseaseless rotation for DK's back in the day) I'm simply wondering what others have found in their experience.

Lately I've been running a lot of heroics, average illvl 345ish. I've actually started leaving rupture out of my boss rotation for convenience and have been pulling higher numbers because of it. On the regular 85 dummy, the two rotations in 5 min intervals (One with and one without Rupture) are pulling too close to make a difference. Hurricane procs off of rupture which is nice but honestly I didn't notice any less downtime without it, but in a group with melee buffs from the other members, I'm actually pulling much higher stationary damage just leaving rupture out in favor of more Evis crits. Mostly noticed this in H.HoO with the stationary bosses at the end.

Have any of you noticed rupture feeling a little lack luster and potentially going back on the bench? Maybe those of you who are raiding?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

You are on the right track, because I too ignore using rupture when in heroics as combat.

Rupture is in general a dps gain if you have a revealing strike as your 5th combo point before you put it up

Overall ignoring Rupture and RVS altogether you lose at most like 100 dps

So ignore it on hard mechanic fights, use it on easy ones with a low rupture cycle

Well, if u have a warrior or feral with u i use it all the time, if there is no mangle/trauma, i don't...

Quote Originally Posted by Darckie View Post
    Well, if u have a warrior or feral with u i use it all the time, if there is no mangle/trauma, i don't...
    That is a very good point too. I have to say I am hoping they change revealing strike to where you can start the bandits guile insight on a new target. I am sure a cool down would be needed (eg 15 seconds), but I think that would make combat far more forgiving.