Deleted

troll archeology

Hi guys,

my archeology skill is 525 and i saw that troll archeology could give a SWEET two handed sword.

The only problem is im now only getting duplicates of common items even though i read somewhere you wont get a duplicate unless your skill is not high enough. Obvious skill level is not the problem. I have not gotten a single troll rare yet but like 8 rares from other races.

what could be the problem?

EDIT: have not been getting keystones now for a rly long time.

Deleted
    Just been unlucky. Too late now but you could have stopped at 375 and farmed a ton of those.

Likewise, I have done a ton of troll Archy. Not one rare.

We're being... trolled.

RNG is RNG. Its not dropped for me and ive been spending the last 4 days literally all day long doing archaeology.

I swear its that little blizzard monkey that hates everyone and seeks to cause nothing but frustration, pain and agony, that said I have no proof that said monkey exists other than my frustrated experience of denial after denial.

I know that if I give up ill never get a raid weapon to drop. If i keep it up, i wont get it for probably another week or so of farming at which point it will be replaced the very next day due to a better itemized raid drop.

/sigh @ blizz
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

10+ Year Old Account
    right behind you but dont turn around cause that will only piss me off!
    The sword is the only available rare that comes from troll archeology and only becomes obtainable at 450 skill. The sword is said to have a 1% drop rate but the rate seems even lower than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think trolls just have that epic sword...so its really just RNG. Good luck getting it man, I want it too its sooo ill.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

Unfortunately there is only one rare from Trolls, and that is Zin'rokh itself. Everything I have heard/read makes me believe this is a <1% chance. So if you are super lucky go ahead and keep trying, if you aren't go for the tier one pvp weapon, you can get it in 3 weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that there's only one Troll rare, that 2hander you mentioned, that's it. The epic 85's are VERY rare, trust me I've been farming at it for DAYS on end.

Deleted
    wow thats a pity :S

im doing some archeology every day so maybe i get lucky some time..

---------- Post added 2010-12-20 at 01:53 AM ----------

btw are there any more rares from fossils except the pet and the mount i got?

Quote Originally Posted by randombanana View Post
    ---------- Post added 2010-12-20 at 01:53 AM ----------

[/COLOR]btw are there any more rares from fossils except the pet and the mount i got?
    Nope. look on wowhead, do search for '______ archaeology fragment ' or something like that and you can see what each faction gives you for archa.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hi guys,

my archeology skill is 525 and i saw that troll archeology could give a SWEET two handed sword.

The only problem is im now only getting duplicates of common items even though i read somewhere you wont get a duplicate unless your skill is not high enough. Obvious skill level is not the problem. I have not gotten a single troll rare yet but like 8 rares from other races.

what could be the problem?

EDIT: have not been getting keystones now for a rly long time.
    Trolls have one rare. That rare can only be acquired past 450 archaeology. That rare destroys worlds.

I've done over 80 troll commons without getting the sword. I've also done a shit ton of Night Elf without getting the trinket but while getting every other rare. RNG is RNG.

---------- Post added 2010-12-19 at 07:59 PM ----------

[/COLOR]btw are there any more rares from fossils except the pet and the mount i got?
    Fossils has the rare pet and the rare mount and that is it. You will be sitting at thousands fragments once you are capped and trying to get useful stuff.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Archaeology_rewards